• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

That's been going on since I've been watching basketball. It's not changing and very few people have a problem with it.
Where'd you get the idea that very few people have a problem with it? It's a common complaint during the NCAA tournament and playoffs and almost everyone I was around and talked to after the game complained about how the constant fouls killed the flow of the game.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
*welp tweet got deleted. the gif still stands tho.

nrRjM2H.gif

Where'd you get the idea that very few people have a problem with it? It's a common complaint during the NCAA tournament and almost everyone I was around and talked to after the game complained about how the constant fouls killed the flow of the game.

I'm not talking about hack-a-bum type of stuff, but intentional fouling by the losing team in the closing minutes of a close game has always been around.

well okay that makes a bit more sense. But still, if the implication is that they'll play their way and not adjust then they should, i dunno, play their way already because they haven't

Cavs just need to focus on winning game 4 and everything else will take care of itself. Any team coming back from a 3-1 deficit has only happened 9 times going back as far as 1968, plus I don't think it has ever happened in the Finals.

Lol. Stop Tweeting during the NBA Finals.

Focus on practice, Harrison Barnes.

It was a reporter quoting him.

Cavs just need to focus on winning game 4 and everything else will take care of itself. Any team coming back from a 3-1 deficit has only happened 9 times going back as far as 1968, plus I don't think it has ever happened in the Finals.

It's a must win game for both teams for this reason Cavs can't rest easy with a 2-2 result. Like a fighter going for the first round knockout, if he doesn't get it then he could be in a lot of trouble.

Reggie Miller would not have missed a wide open threepointer when the ball is thrown right to him late in a big game.

I don't think anyone would know how to react to that. His mind was likely in stealing a ball or defending, not having it passed to him out of nowhere from the other team lol. Going straight to shot mode out of that mindset is probably hard.

I think that mode is different when he's actually on the offense and his thoughts are actually on shooting.

Dat UNC education

His career has been all downhill since he chose Carolina over Duke. Speaking of...

in Offseason news, Jahlil Okafor worked out for the Lakers (following D'Angelo Russell and Emmanuel Mudiay). No real feedback yet on if any of them blew away the Lakers brass enough to cause any changes to most people's draft board's, though according to Chad Ford based on what he's hearing from multiple execs Russell has overtaken Okafor as the #2 prospect.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/150609_okaforworkout
Is it just me or is there a weird hitch at the top of Okafor's shot?

Okafor, slide on down to the Hornets at 9.

Fatalah

Shump and JR annoyed me last night. Shump looked needlessly pissed off and JR wasn't tuned in at all.

They both looked like loser Knicks.

Mozgov and David Lee, on the other hand, were fantastic.

n0razi

i think they are in a unique situation where their depth is so depleted it might not work

n0razi

Shump and JR annoyed me last night. Shump looked needlessly pissed off and JR wasn't tuned in at all.

They both looked like loser Knicks.

Mozgov and David Lee, on the other hand, were fantastic.

kind of makes you wonder how it would play out if they didnt trade wiggins... delly/wiggins/lbj/thompson/mozgov would have been a monster defensively

i think they are in a unique situation where their depth is so depleted it might not work

I saw a not-so-hidden stat today that the winner of game 3 in a 1-1 series goes on to win the series 83% of the time, but in the 2015 playoffs, the losing team is 6 for 6 on taking the series. You'd think 6 for 6 would eventually have to regress towards the mean, but this depleted Cavs team might help it go 7 for 7.

I saw a not-so-hidden stat today that the winner of game 3 in a 1-1 series goes on to win the series 83% of the time, but in the 2015 playoffs, the losing team is 6 for 6 on taking the series. You'd think 6 for 6 would eventually have to regress towards the mean, but this depleted Cavs team might help it go 7 for 7.

You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forfty percent of all people know that.

I do find it funny that people are trashing Love as an overrated player who did nothing but put up empty stats on a crappy Wolves team, yet praise Wiggins for one year of putting up empty stats on a crappy Wolves team. If Love's game/stats didn't translate over so smoothly (and we have a much larger sample size) what makes everyone so sure a rookie Wiggins would have beasted on this team?

hitgirl

I'm a bit worried if Cavs are going to fully recover for tomorrow. Some of their players gave 110%. I guess it's up to how good their strength and conditioning coaches are.

What's the Knicks comparison? I'm a dumb NBA fan.

Jeff-DSA

I do find it funny that people are trashing Love as an overrated player who did nothing but put up empty stats on a crappy Wolves team, yet praise Wiggins for one year of putting up empty stats on a crappy Wolves team. If Love's game/stats didn't translate over so smoothly (and we have a much larger sample size) what makes everyone so sure a rookie Wiggins would have beasted on this team?

My only quibble with it is that Wiggins is going to be a better player eventually. I don't think he's a big upgrade over Love right now, but I've never been a fan of Love's game anyway. I thought it was crazy that they gave up a potential superstar for a guy who can score but can't defend a whole lot better than I would be able to.

I'm a bit worried if Cavs are going to fully recover for tomorrow. Some of their players gave 110%. I guess it's up to how good their strength and conditioning coaches are.

It's a legitimate concern. I mean, how do you really condition yourself for the NBA finals? There's just no recreating those kinds of conditions. Warriors will be the desperate team too so it will be interesting to see their energy levels.

jman2050

Wiggins for Love was absolutely the right move at the time and it still is even now. You don't pair 30-year old Lebron and Kyrie together only to rely on a rookie who MAY become a superstar 3-4 seasons from now as your third option.

At the end of the day I honestly think that LeBron only went to Cleveland contingent on them trading Wiggins for a vet star, someone like Love. They really traded Wiggins for Love and the right to sign LeBron, which is a pretty good deal. Consider it a stupid tax for how badly that organization was run in the years after Bron left the first time around.

Clevinger

kind of makes you wonder how it would play out if they didnt trade wiggins... delly/wiggins/lbj/thompson/mozgov would have been a monster defensively

Every time I watched Wiggins this season he was bad defensively. Looked like he couldn't give less of a shit on that end. Was he a great defender in college or what?

Cavs are up 2-1 in the Finals, and we are talking players that Lebron listed in an article that aren't involved in these finals at all.

I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

Irving and TT only ones left to contribute in the finals. Irving got hurt, leaving just Thompson.

Every time I watched Wiggins this season he was bad defensively. Looked like he couldn't give less of a shit on that end. Was he a great defender in college or what?

Probably just exhausted on the defensive end. They go from playing 30 games a year to 82, from playing against boys to playing against men.

Fatalah

What's the Knicks comparison? I'm a dumb NBA fan.

All the players I mentioned are former Knicks :-D

Can anyone explain to me how Lebron slide tackling Curry with 2 minutes left in the 4th was not a foul?

Talking to a few ppl, they were saying the ball was already out of Curry's hands when Lebron slipped. I'll need a replay gif...

And then someone shopping the gif into a Street Fighter kind of move.

At the end of the day I honestly think that LeBron only went to Cleveland contingent on them trading Wiggins for a vet star, someone like Love. They really traded Wiggins for Love and the right to sign LeBron, which is a pretty good deal. Consider it a stupid tax for how badly that organization was run in the years after Bron left the first time around.
Yeah, I'd love to know what all went down on that plane visit. Lebron had all the leverage, though, so I'm guessing the conditions were:
1. Complete control over his contract / future - being able to opt-out after a year and always stay maxed. He gets paid and has more pull in his respective organization than anyone in the league.
2. Trading for a third all-star, but probably Kevin Love specifically. Also, bringing in his boys even if all they do is keep control of the locker room and give him pep-talks (Miller, Perkins).
3. Dan Gilbert agreeing to pay whatever luxury tax he needs to to keep the talent Lebron wants. This was a big deal after Mike Miller was amnestied.
4. Guarantee of an ownership stake after Lebron retires.
5. Being actually crowned king of northern Ohio at some point after seceding from the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom