• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing.

This finals thread is one of the best ones I've had the pleasure of being a part of. It's full of shenanigans but goddamn if it isn't amazing. It's not a part of community and it's got a bunch of silliness. The theater is on a whole other level.

Gotta hand it to these Cavs/Lebron fans. They are going harder than ever before.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Amazing.

This finals thread is one of the best ones I've had the pleasure of being a part of. It's full of shenanigans but goddamn if it isn't amazing. It's not a part of community and it's got a bunch of silliness. The theater is on a whole other level.

It sure has had a lot more activity than in the regular season threads, lol.

Nah, Shump has never really given us much on offense. Maybe...10 ppg? Probably at the most. He's good for maybe 1-2 triples/game, which he's largely been giving us. He's missing more than I'd like to see him miss, but he's taking more shots because he has to. Also remember his shoulder is not healthy right now.

JR is the only player who's out of his typical range of contribution. We've been saying "he's due to get hot" for 4 games now. The wait continues. As I said, he can't be an offensive AND defensive liability. They'll have to sit him down in favor of Marion or more JJ. Both of which are suboptimal choices compared to what JR offers offensively when he is hitting shots at a reasonable clip.

Welcome back to the thread, Dreams-Visions.

You were noticeably quiet during last night's game.

I wonder why...

Redd

Amazing.

Probably has to do that besides game 4 they've all been close games. Earlier in the thread most of us were calling sweeps or dubs in 5. Add in all the injuries and it's even stranger how the series is tied 2-2. Wayyyyyyyy better entertainment compared to last year imo.

Well, the Cavs don't have any money for that but lets say that he does try to go to Cleveland. He would have to make a total stink down here in Miami that he's getting underpaid and unappreciated...only to go to a cavs team that has its cap money all tied up and couldn't afford to pay him better than Miami can?

I mean crazier shit has happened sure but that would just be a bad look for Dwade.

I would really hate to see him go, but I hope we don't overpay him. I don't want to have a Kobe situation in Miami.

Worst case, it frees up more cap space for KD next year.

I think the league is gonna stretch this series out to 7 games and milk it dry. I mean, it's set up perfectly for them just gotta give each team some homecooking and you're there. With all the garbage calls for both teams this series it wouldn't even look that obvious.

Nah I think this series is just going 7 because the Warriors and Cavs don't want to lose.

Welcome back to the thread, Dreams-Visions.

You were noticeably quiet during last night's game.

I wonder why...
because I'm quiet during every game.

You must be confusing me with someone else. I'm around pre and post. I don't post reaction comments to individual plays like I'm a commentator. Is that okay with you? Or is there a guideline for how to post in such threads to garner your valuable and sought-after approval? Is volume posting during games necessary? Let me know how many posts I made here *during* the game in our game 2 or game 3 win before commenting further. you may find something interesting. Or, a lack therein. I'll wait.

tLI8BAu.jpg

Sharing for relevance. Taken today. Photo is mine.

During the game is when this thread gets amazing, though

The rise of Deli
FUCKBALL
JR Shit
I can tell. lol. But I'm watching the game with fam and doing other things during the games trying to burn off nervous energy.

#prayForJRSmith

So why did the NBA thread turn into a shit hole and get shut down? What was behind it?
I think it was due to people actively recruiting posters to competing websites or some such.

diehard

Fleer
It was a series of events that happened that i probably cant bring up without being banned.

Eventually Evilore made the suggestion we migrate somewhere else, and we did.
Seems like the community is fairly healthy.

The 2013 offseason thread had almost 5 times as many posts as the 2014 offseason thread, and the 2015 one is off to a sad start.

Godslay

Banned
It was a series of events that happened that i probably cant bring up without being banned.

Eventually Evilore made the suggestion we migrate somewhere else, and we did.

The 2013 offseason thread had almost 5 times as many posts as the 2014 offseason thread, and the 2015 one is off to a sad start.

Fair enough.

When I said community, I meant Gaf as a whole. It seems to be growing. I knew the NBA thread was in shambles lately.

THRILLH0

Banned
Why didn't he wrote that when they were down 2-1?

Sounds like fraud front runner.

He should explain everyone why he failed so badly with the UK elections. Jokester. Pushing the most obvious message.

Is this article really necessary? Look, the Warriors are probably going to win the series, but let's not act like their Finals performance has been amazing or that they are playing a full strength team. They had one good game overall, and even in that game, the Cavs were only down by six going into the fourth quarter when things collapsed for them.

Who the fuck?

THRILLH0

Banned
It's hilarious that the goalposts have shifted on Lebron so much that pointing out he "only" has 2 rings is considered a sick burn.

Jag

It's hilarious that the goalposts have shifted on Lebron so much that pointing out he "only" has 2 rings is considered a sick burn.

It's not that he only has 2. It's that his only 2 came from an organization which doesn't seem to exist in his bizarro reverse universe anymore.

Shit, now I need to find a Reverse Lebron. "It was me Riley, it was me all along!".

Regardless, this isn't even a thing. Just some shit to talk about between games. I'm enjoying the hell out of these Finals.

Well, the Cavs don't have any money for that but lets say that he does try to go to Cleveland. He would have to make a total stink down here in Miami that he's getting underpaid and unappreciated...only to go to a cavs team that has its cap money all tied up and couldn't afford to pay him better than Miami can?

I mean crazier shit has happened sure but that would just be a bad look for Dwade.
Ive been reading rumors that Don Riley was offering $36mil 3 years in splits of $16,10 and then 10 mil.. all it takes is for Cavs to offer a little bit over than that and its possible Dwade could bounce.

Aint nobody gonna pay him the $20mil hes asking even in a $90mil cap.

scabro

would it?

if miami isnt gonna pay him and cleveland isnt gonna pay him, why wouldnt he go to the team he has the best chance of getting a title with, with his buddy and best player in the world lebron? I think he stays in Miami though.

Good for Bogut to come out and call the play where Lebron fell into a cameraman as it was. It was a fucking flop and Lebron should be fined for it regardless of him getting hurt in the process.

That and Dellavedova acting like a little shit bumping into David Lee and talking crap at the end of a quarter were the low points in the Finals thus far. May we get no more of this nonsense in the upcoming games.

Omega

Banned
So why did the NBA thread turn into a shit hole and get shut down? What was behind it?

extremely simplified explanation but because some kid trash talked and then ran to evilore when people trash talked back

so watch out who you reply to on these forums, people might run to daddy because they're mentally weak.

Good for Bogut to come out and call the play where Lebron fell into a cameraman as it was. It was a fucking flop and Lebron should be fined for it regardless of him getting hurt in the process.

That and Dellavedova acting like a little shit bumping into David Lee and talking crap at the end of a quarter were the low points in the Finals thus far. May we get no more of this nonsense in the upcoming games.

Only two options are possible:

LeBron and his bowlegged clumsiness reared its ugly head again

OR

He totally embellished it and it backfired

I'd say both.

BadAss2961

Definitely flagrant begging gone wrong.

I saw Stephen A on First Take acting like Bogut is delusional for claiming that LeBron flopped. You'd think we'd never seen the guy flop before.

Definitely flagrant begging gone wrong.

I saw Stephen A on First Take acting like Bogut is delusional for claiming that LeBron flopped. You'd think we'd never seen the guy flop before.

LeBron is a top ten flopper.

He also feels the need to show the ref his arm every time he goes to the basket and misses.

Two Words

http://streamable.com/ssjh

This Lebron hate is so absurd. The guy can't even get bumped and take a spill without being criticized.

Two Words

Unnatural trajectory.

Either he slipped on several banana peels or he was being "Hollywood as Hell" as usual.

The only point in which he had any semblance of control was when he was hitting the ground at a 45 degree angle. He landed on his feet sideways and fell at an angle. I don't get the drama that people put into this. I'm seeing a guy here fall down just like any other person would, and everybody has to make something out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom