• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i finally got off work

oh iggy did work i see

time to start an MVP chant

MVP MVP MVP MVP

k time to continue only posting like once every other day

AcridMeat

Banned
Would you say that this series will be determined by the length of said members on a given night?
Best moment of the night was Iggy mocking Lebrons pansy ass flailing routine and then shaking his head and looking up with the biggest grin on his face.
He's also mocked non travel calls in the best way too. I think it was against the Grizzlies earlier in the year.

What I also noticed was a lot of LeBron deferring on drives late in the game again. I haven't paid attention to any finals since the Mavs won it but I'm starting to see what people were saying about LeBron in 4th quarters.

Is it just me, or did Lebron seem soft this game? He wasn't really getting a lot of deep penetration like game 2 and 3. It seemed like he kept pulling out whenever even Curry was guarding him. Instead of driving into the hole, he'd pull out to shooters who were just shooting blanks.

There is something about this post that seems off.

scabro

saw this shit on reddit
nS5INC4.jpg

:lol

Looking at the boxscore, I'm surprised Klay Thompson even took 9 shots. If you told me he was on the bench most of the game I would have probably believed you because I barely remember seeing him at all during the game.

Curry played well or close to on par with how he played the Houston series for the most part. ( he misses some warriors dagger threes)He hit some key shots to stop the Cavs momentum. Passed the ball well off the pick and role and fast break.

He made some turnovers but it could be that the teammates fault for not paying attention.

He doesn't really take over games though.
His only gets aggressive when the opposi f team goes on a run or they need to go for the nail in the coffin.

He plays like a point guard and will pass if he seems an open man. IMO he passes the ball well for the most part. He does a lot of passes players are not expecting and expects his teammates to move to the ball. He's passes are not directly to the players but in an area around them or leading passes so they have to be alert at all times.

I would like him to take over some games but he doesn't seem to that. He doesn't take too many shots .

Jag

Lebron on Cavs fans leaving early:
"I have no comment on it. I came out the game early, too. So we were on the same page."

Camera, you the real MVP.

Cheebo

Banned
Seriously, I wonder what this series would look like if Curry you know, played like Curry. It'd be over at this point probably.

Cheebo

Banned
sorry for the double post but this thread sure is a lot quieter after a GSW win than a Cavs win.

huh.

I don't think its a GSW vs Cavs bias. More that the story line of what should be an awful team + Lebron somehow winning is more exciting/interesting to discuss. GSW winning is what we expect and saw all year, less newsworthy or interesting.

Just heard the stat on ESPN that the Cavs are shooting 17% in the minutes that Lebron is not on the floor. That CAN'T be right, right? .... right!??? o_O

Blatt needs to start doing this to get Lebron some rest
kiddwhoops.gif

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Just heard the stat on ESPN that the Cavs are shooting 17% in the minutes that Lebron is not on the floor. That CAN'T be right, right? .... right!??? o_O

Blatt needs to start doing this to get Lebron some rest
kiddwhoops.gif

Since they are only shooting about 35% with him on the floor that wouldn't be too hard to imagine. The entire offense is designed around one player so taking him out probably leaves all the other players disengaged and clueless about what is expected.

Congrats Warrior fans, that was an impressive road victory. Only thing that was lame for your team was Klay Thompson quieting the crowd (that was already quiet by that point). Come on dude, you did nothing this game, and not much more this whole series.

Anyway, not much more you can say about the Cavs performance. OKAY on defense overall, but just horrible on offense. I can't believe how bad JR Smith is. And he's riding around on a segway? Not only is he a headcase, but he has the maturity of a teenager to put it nicely. Delli came back to Earth as well. It's going to be hard for the Cavs to win again, let alone win the series.

offtopic

Does anyone know if there are any NBA rules regarding temperature control in the arena? If not, why wouldn't the dubs just crank the temp in the Oracle to 85 or so?

Does anyone know if there are any NBA rules regarding temperature control in the arena? If not, why wouldn't the dubs just crank the temp in the Oracle to 85 or so?

given that the first finals game last year was in an arena with a broken AC, i highly doubt it.

and cramping can work against you, too. Why risk making everyone uncomfortable for the small chance that the opposing team's players get cramps and yours dont?

Is this article really necessary? Look, the Warriors are probably going to win the series, but let's not act like their Finals performance has been amazing or that they are playing a full strength team. They had one good game overall, and even in that game, the Cavs were only down by six going into the fourth quarter when things collapsed for them.

Is this article really necessary? Look, the Warriors are probably going to win the series, but let's not act like their Finals performance has been amazing or that they are playing a full strength team. They had one good game overall, and even in that game, the Cavs were only down by six going into the fourth quarter when things collapsed for them.

i mean what article is really necessary when you think about it?

Abounder

Banned

Because no one wants to re-live the hell known as the Boston Garden circa 1984 NBA Finals (97 degree heat!):

And if the home players aren't used to it then it's not exactly an advantage, a double-edged sword if you will

PBY

Banned

Why do certain cavs fans do this? You realize that if their performance has been subpar- it lessens the significance and achievement of what your team is doing?

Same thing with some Cavs fans saying the west is actually trash.

offtopic

given that the first finals game last year was in an arena with a broken AC, i highly doubt it.

and cramping can work against you, too. Why risk making everyone uncomfortable for the small chance that the opposing team's players get cramps and yours dont?

Uh, the chance of Cleveland cramping up in this series is orders of magnitude higher since they go only 6 deep and they have one player do almost everything on every possession. Also, LeBron has a history of cramping. Just seems like it would be a legit tactic that would probably guarantee a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom