• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it amusing that this video is proof Blatt has no control over his team while Windhorst has an article out saying the Cavs players are upset with Blatt's shortened rotations.

effzee

I find it amusing that this video is proof Blatt has no control over his team while Windhorst has an article out saying the Cavs players are upset with Blatt's shortened rotations.

Is finding any evidence possible to back up whatever narrative you want. In Lebron'S most people have their mind made up about him and then try to find any thing they can to back it up all based on their dislike for him.

I was listening to an NBA insider recently on wfan radio and he said basically all teams now have NFL style assistant head coach, offensive, and defensive coordinators.

LOL @ saying Blatt would have been better off without Lebron. I doubt they areally buddy buddy but I think he will take being in the NBA Finals his first year as a head coach. Besides he seems to have made some real bone head decisions so if anything Cavs would be better off with a better more experienced coach.

If he is let go I doubt they bring in Thibs. Probably a college coach looking to cement his legacy by getting an NBA ring.

Klay Thompson looks like a random 2K create a player but the guy can ball. He's only 25. He might not be an all time hall of fame great but there's way too much of a microscope these days and guys are way too overexposed (Bron) that everyone is quick to write someone off (or crown them as the best thing ever) off of a handful of games. If you go back into history you will find that some of your favorites from the 80s and 90s had a shitty playoff series here and there too.

Fjordson

Like his bro, Steph Curry. Still find it hilarious that he could become one of the worst MVP champs this league has seen in years. Keep talking shit, mom.
Huh. Dude has had an insane season and playoffs.

Warriors need to go ahead and dump Bogut's salary. He's not starter material anymore, and perhaps the single biggest reason this series is even tied right now.

Also, Iguodala should be a starter, period. Fuck feeding Harrison Barnes' confidence, tell him to go eat ice cream or go to Lakers or something.
I'm kinda worried about Bogut. He was one of the best defenders in the league this year, so I don't get why all of a sudden he's turned to shit. I'm hoping Mozgov is just somehow a bad matchup for him and he's not injured.

Barnes I dunno. He works well with the starters and that lineup gave the Warriors their best season in franchise history. Don't want to overreact because of one series. Especially when it's slowed down fuckball because of the Cavs' roster / injury situation.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Fjordson said:
Don't want to overreact because of one series.

lol, the playoff threads have been full of overreactions on a play-by-play basis, never mind a single game or series.

zychi

Banned
It's also 100% baseless conjecture.

NBA players do not flop on midair collisions. They don't go "hey I'm in mid air. Now would be a great time for me to act like I got hit way harder and land in an uncontrolled manner. The potential for a call that I'd get anyways is worth the risk of twisting an ankle or spraining a shoulder."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2j_7U2dmZ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iUJKiJu2T8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJ61QbyzAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8PEXfZadIc
never.

Jonm1010

Banned
Blatt would've been better off with his rebuilding project than this LeBron shit.

Blatt would of been better off staying in Golden State for a little while to get his legs under him in the NBA. The league is probably the biggest old-boys network in terms of coaching of any sport I can think of and Blatt is a complete outsider.

Plus the NBA is just quite a bit ahead of the curve with analytics and talent compared to overseas and Blatt would of benefitted seeing an organization like Golden State and how it utilizes its resources.

Jarate

Banned
Isnt it already known that Lebron is the coach and GM of this team?

Blatt always just existed there to be the "head coach" and I dont really blame Lebron or Blatt. Blatt making money for nothing and Lebron coached his team to the NBA finals

Cavs should just stay the same next year, barring some major downgrade by Lebron, theyre still by far the best team in the east barring so e crazy shit happening in the offseason

Im pretty sure Thibs is one of the few coaches Lebron has publicly praised on multiple occasions.

Thibs is actually a perfect fit for that roster and Lebrons game.

Until lebrons, kyrie, and loves knees explode because they were forced t play the entire 4th quarter when they were blowing out the Sixers

Champagne

Banned
Isnt it already known that Lebron is the coach and GM of this team?

Blatt always just existed there to be the "head coach" and I dont really blame Lebron or Blatt. Blatt making money for nothing and Lebron coached his team to the NBA finals

Cavs should just stay the same next year, barring some major downgrade by Lebron, theyre still by far the best team in the east barring so e crazy shit happening in the offseason
They would be stupid to blow it up.

If this Cavs team is at full strength this series is already over.

zychi

Banned
Thibs praises everyone.

He'll say the Detroit Pistons are super talented.

Thibs would still be with the Bulls if Gar and Pax weren't so far up their own asses.

I still don't understand how they have jobs. Haven't made the finals once with the rosters they've built. Pax is only a "basketball mind" because Jordan made him look good. They lucked into Derrick Rose and had some of the worst Bulls teams in Bulls history.

Even Jordan got thrown under a bus with the Wiz as Prez of Bball Ops

Any other team would have fired this duo of idiots..

demolitio

So we're back to Blatt being gone regardless of what happens? Hilarious.

Oh, and that Blatt does nothing? And how LeBron's the GM? Even funnier considering this entire thing has been Blatt's gameplan and this is the only team to ever to win a Finals game without their second and third best scorers from the regular season.

Amazing how quickly the narrative shifts after one fucking game.

Thibs would still be with the Bulls if Gar and Pax weren't so far up their own asses.

I still don't understand how they have jobs. Haven't made the finals once with the rosters they've built. Pax is only a "basketball mind" because Jordan made him look good. They lucked into Derrick Rose and had some of the worst Bulls teams in Bulls history.

I know they're both in cahoots but I think Paxson is Satan in the relationship.

demolitio

He really is hilariously inept isn't he?

So inept that he got swept by the Warriors just like you guys said would happen. So hilariously inept that they became the only team to win a Finals game without their second and third best scorers. So inept that he came up with the gameplan to stop the Warriors' fast breaks and adapted to our worse offense due to injuries by making an aggressive defense force the Warriors to win through other players instead of the splash brothers.

We're in a tied series with no bench at all and LeBron trying to will his way to win. So hilariously inept because of a few mistakes.

One team is healthy. One team is injured. The series is 2-2.

No coach would win a single game if LeBron wasn't out there. Haven't seen Blatt brought up on actual basketball forums for a while, go figure. Maybe ESPN can spark that up again for you.

Edit: Actually, Brian Windhorst did try to spark that up again but failed miserably as usual. The same guy who said Varejao could be activated and that Kyrie was a goner no matter what this past off-season.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Blatt makes Spoelstra look like John Wooden in comparison.

YOU LEAVE SPO OUT OF THIS.

It's a great thing the Warriors foked on the power of destrucity in game 4, now it's time to lower the boom and load the spaceship with rocket fuel.

YOU'RE GOING TO NEED A CHAOS DUNK TO DEFEAT MY DREAM TEAM, HOAK HOGAN... I MEAN, LEBRON JAMES!

Furyous

Thibs didn't rest players like they wanted him to. That is why he's gone. Cavs need him as a defensive assistant. Give him the largest one year deal for a defensive assistant in NBA history and go bring us a title. Someone send this to DG.

Jag

I'd fire blatt for his gross views on Israel and Palestine

You mean his support for the Gaza operation because his family was under threat from Hamas rockets? He has dual Israeli-US citizenship and his family still lives and goes to school there. Dan Gilbert is also Jewish. I highly doubt he is going to fire Blatt for his support of Israel.

I also doubt Kerr is a fan of Hamas either. His dad was killed by Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah's predecessor.

Four years after his father's murder, Steve Kerr played a game at Arizona State in which he was greeted with mocking chants by 10 to 15 fans of "P.L.O." and "where's your dad?" during the pregame warm-up. Though teary-eyed, Kerr scored 20 points in the first half, making all six of his 3-point attempts.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kerr#Early_life

That's gross.

xfactor99

Bringing politics into a sports thread on a gaming forum seems like a bad idea, but Kerr's views on the surface seem to be quite different from Blatt's:

"My family has a love for the region and its people," Kerr said. "And from my perspective, that's another painful part of this week's terrorist attacks. Over 99.9 percent of the Muslims are completely disgusted with what happened. There are wackos out there. But some are American, some are French. Blaming all Arabic people is like blaming Americans for Timothy McVeigh."

Kerr felt the bitterness that America feels now. But he continued: "You have to consider the political landscape. The Number one question we should all have, is why do people hate us? Why is there a faction of people in the world so against what we stand for?"

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Kerr_Speaks010917.html

If you are on the pro-Palestine side of the argument than you may find this article insightful:
http://www.thenation.com/blog/209577/two-roads-politics-david-blatt-and-passion-steve-kerrs-father

Of course it's the fucking Juniors that can't make threads that put a somber tone into the Finals thread.

And I was enjoying the shit talk as a lurker.

BadAss2961

Is finding any evidence possible to back up whatever narrative you want. In Lebron'S most people have their mind made up about him and then try to find any thing they can to back it up all based on their dislike for him.

I was listening to an NBA insider recently on wfan radio and he said basically all teams now have NFL style assistant head coach, offensive, and defensive coordinators.

LOL @ saying Blatt would have been better off without Lebron. I doubt they areally buddy buddy but I think he will take being in the NBA Finals his first year as a head coach. Besides he seems to have made some real bone head decisions so if anything Cavs would be better off with a better more experienced coach.

If he is let go I doubt they bring in Thibs. Probably a college coach looking to cement his legacy by getting an NBA ring.
In terms of his NBA career, he would've been better off. He had a chance at building a rep... Taking a young, coachable team with a lot of raw talent. Then in comes LeBron, who most on both sides admit is the type of superstar that controls your organization and meddles in both the coaching and management of the team. Blatt, who seems non-confrontational and spent his entire career overseas never had a chance. He often looks like an idiot because of LeBron's meddling combined with him still adjusting to the culture.

If they win this championship, LeBron gets all the credit. People already say he's gotten this far in spite of Blatt.

In terms of his NBA career, he would've been better off. He had a chance at building a rep... Taking a young, coachable team with a lot of raw talent. Then in comes LeBron, who most on both sides admit is the type of superstar that controls your organization and meddles in both the coaching and management of the team. Blatt, who seems non-confrontational and spent his entire career overseas never had a chance. He often looks like an idiot because of LeBron's meddling combined with him still adjusting to the culture.

If they win this championship, LeBron gets all the credit. People already say he's gotten this far in spite of Blatt.

Truth right here.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Blatt did not sign up to coach a championship contender. He wanted a young squad with 8th seed aspirations, a 3-4 year project while he got his feet wet.

For what's been thrown on his lap, I have to respect him.

I'd like to have seen him with Kyrie, Waiters, Delly, and Wiggins.

Jonm1010

Banned
You mean his support for the Gaza operation because his family was under threat from Hamas rockets? He has dual Israeli-US citizenship and his family still lives and goes to school there. Dan Gilbert is also Jewish. I highly doubt he is going to fire Blatt for his support of Israel.

I also doubt Kerr is a fan of Hamas either. His dad was killed by Islamic Jihad, Hezbollah's predecessor.

That's gross.

If you have any concept of proportionality or morality this is just a fucking laughable justification.

Jonm1010

Banned
Bringing politics into a sports thread on a gaming forum seems like a bad idea, but Kerr's views on the surface seem to be quite different from Blatt's:

http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Kerr_Speaks010917.html

If you are on the pro-Palestine side of the argument than you may find this article insightful:
http://www.thenation.com/blog/209577/two-roads-politics-david-blatt-and-passion-steve-kerrs-father

I stand by what I said about Blatt being an above average coach but I now have a much different opinion about David Blatt the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom