• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawd

Just heard the stat on ESPN that the Cavs are shooting 17% in the minutes that Lebron is not on the floor. That CAN'T be right, right? .... right!??? o_O

Blatt needs to start doing this to get Lebron some rest
kiddwhoops.gif

It's missing the best part when he mouthes 'hit me' and his face goes all Scooby Doo

Uh, the chance of Cleveland cramping up in this series is orders of magnitude higher since they go only 6 deep and they have one player do almost everything on every possession. Also, LeBron has a history of cramping. Just seems like it would be a legit tactic that would probably guarantee a win.
So you're suggesting that a team that is 2 games away from a ring cheat against a haggard and exhausted underdog because why not?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Is this article really necessary? Look, the Warriors are probably going to win the series, but let's not act like their Finals performance has been amazing or that they are playing a full strength team. They had one good game overall, and even in that game, the Cavs were only down by six going into the fourth quarter when things collapsed for them.

The Cavs have collapsed in the fourth in the past 3 games.

You could hear a pin drop in that stadium last night in the last 5 minutes. Hell the only people you could hear was the small group of Warriors fans.

Why do certain cavs fans do this? You realize that if their performance has been subpar- it lessens the significance and achievement of what your team is doing?

Same thing with some Cavs fans saying the west is actually trash.

Yeah, but I don't think the team has really acheived much, Lebron has done the achieving. Some of his teammates have been good, like Mozgov and Thompson, but others have been awful. Don't get me wrong, there should be a dropoff after Love and Irving went down, but that doesn't excuse JR from going 2/18 or whatever he was last night. The role players have to do something, anything for us to have a chance.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So you're suggesting that a team that is 2 games away from a ring cheat against a haggard and exhausted underdog because why not?

How would they be cheating? If arena temp is important it needs to be regulated. If not, play at the temp that is best for your team. Sort of like letting the grass grow high on a baseball infield or watering down a football field.

Just heard the stat on ESPN that the Cavs are shooting 17% in the minutes that Lebron is not on the floor. That CAN'T be right, right? .... right!??? o_O
yessir.

they look like lost puppies when LBJ isn't on the floor. The other 7 or 8 players that may be in the rotation will have to figure it out. biggest issue is JR Smith being legit shook. He's currently an offensive AND defensive liability and has been the entire series, unfortunately.

well, he has 2-3 games to figure it out. He'll have to.

So is Shawn Marion injured or something?

considering his play when he's been given time in the post-season, I'd guess he is. He's been awful.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
yessir.

they look like lost puppies when LBJ isn't on the floor. The other 7 or 8 players that may be in the rotation will have to figure it out. biggest issue is JR Smith being legit shook. He's currently an offensive AND defensive liability and has been the entire series, unfortunately.

well, he has 2-3 games to figure it out. He'll have to.

He's too busy cruising around on his new remote control segway thingie.

diffusionx

Gold Member
JR Smith was -27 last night. They lost by 21. So even in a garbage performance from the whole team JR stood out.

But then again, he's been on the Knicks for a few years. It's gonna take him a year or two to press that out of his system.

He's too busy cruising around on his new remote control segway thingie.

Jalen Rose deciding to sing the Jetson's theme was almost as embarassing as JR's shooting performance.

almost.

JR Smith was -27 last night. They lost by 21. So even in a garbage performance from the whole team JR stood out.

But then again, he's been on the Knicks for a few years. It's gonna take him a year or two to press that out of his system.
ouch.

i think the stage just has him shook. he's missing the shots he makes any other time. and missing them every time. it's not the Knickerbocker in him, it's the lack of experience on this stage. He's the only Cavs player among the players still healthy that has performed out of character. Shump, TT, Moz, Delly, JJ...all have continued to give what they gave all season long. Only Smith is standing out right now.

diffusionx

Gold Member
i think the stage just has him shook. he's missing the shots he makes any other time. and missing them every time. it's not the Knickerbocker in him, it's the lack of experience on this stage. He's the only Cavs player among the players still healthy that has performed out of character. Shump, TT, Moz, Delly, JJ...all have continued to give what they gave all season long. Only Smith is standing out right now.

His performance was unusually bad in the last game, but he's always streaky, a ball hog, etc. If he gets hot he is legitimately dangerous but that is by no means a guarantee.

He's great off the bench (won 6th man of the year for NYK!) because of his streaks but I don't think he is a guy you can rely on.

I agree for the most part, except Shump. Normally, he can knock down threes pretty well, but he's almost at JR levels with shooting. It's like a Knicks curse. He does have the redeeming quality of strong defensive play though and he's created a lot of turnovers. And yeah, the Delly last night is the regular Delly, not the out of character awesome Delly that graced us for a few games.

I agree for the most part, except Shump. Normally, he can knock down threes pretty well, but he's almost at JR levels with shooting. It's like a Knicks curse. He does have the redeeming quality of strong defensive play though and he's created a lot of turnovers. And yeah, the Delly last night is the regular Delly, not the out of character awesome Delly that graced us for a few games.

Nah, Shump has never really given us much on offense. Maybe...10 ppg? Probably at the most. He's good for maybe 1-2 triples/game, which he's largely been giving us. He's missing more than I'd like to see him miss, but he's taking more shots because he has to. Also remember his shoulder is not healthy right now.

JR is the only player who's out of his typical range of contribution. We've been saying "he's due to get hot" for 4 games now. The wait continues. As I said, he can't be an offensive AND defensive liability. They'll have to sit him down in favor of Marion or more JJ. Both of which are suboptimal choices compared to what JR offers offensively when he is hitting shots at a reasonable clip.

Teriyaki

Nugget's era JR was the same JR though

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know what's the record and who has it for the most amount of minutes played in a finals series without a break, or simply the most amount of minutes played? Does LeBron have that title?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Anyone know what's the record and who has it for the most amount of minutes played in a finals series without a break, or simply the most amount of minutes played? Does LeBron have that title?

According to BR, Bill Russell played 672 minutes in 14 games in the 61-62 playoffs. So, all of them.

It looks like the highest ranked player in the modern era is Iverson who played 46 a game in the 00-01 playoffs.

jr was always the same even in Denver, Einstein...

Jalen Rose deciding to sing the Jetson's theme was almost as embarassing as JR's shooting performance.

almost.

ouch.

lol is there a link somewhere to watch this?

yeah, Riley and Bron Bron have had some petty shit going on, which is weird because Dan Gilbert acted like an angry plantation owner who couldn't believe that one of his men got away from him yet Bron had no qualms going back to that.

Of course the last thing i need is Bronnie coming out and making the heat look bad right when it appears our talks with dwade are getting heated (no pun intended).

The way Wade was practically fellating Lebron on air when he was covering games 3 and 2 I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go to Cleveland to team up again.

The way Wade was practically fellating Lebron on air when he was covering games 3 and 2 I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to go to Cleveland to team up again.

Well, the Cavs don't have any money for that but lets say that he does try to go to Cleveland. He would have to make a total stink down here in Miami that he's getting underpaid and unappreciated...only to go to a cavs team that has its cap money all tied up and couldn't afford to pay him better than Miami can?

I mean crazier shit has happened sure but that would just be a bad look for Dwade.

I think the league is gonna stretch this series out to 7 games and milk it dry. I mean, it's set up perfectly for them just gotta give each team some homecooking and you're there. With all the garbage calls for both teams this series it wouldn't even look that obvious.

I think the league is gonna stretch this series out to 7 games and milk it dry. I mean, it's set up perfectly for them just gotta give each team some homecooking and you're there. With all the garbage calls for both teams this series it wouldn't even look that obvious.

Then how come they didn't do that in 2012 with okc and miami?

Jag

What? Dude's been on two teams over his 12 year career.

That's the point. When he was speaking about a game with the Heat, he called it "the franchise I was with at the time" rather than say the Heat.

It's kind of like a bad break up where the other just pretends you never existed.

Heat fans are salty too. Some don't want to see him happy back with his old GF, Dan-iella Gilbert.

Cheebo

Banned
I bet ratings will drop a lot in game 5 due to the blow out. I think a lot less think Cavs have a chance now.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Dan Lebatard texted that franchise I was with comment to some body in the heat organization and they texted back, "If he forgot, the name of the franchise is on both of the only two rings he has
Amazing.

This finals thread is one of the best ones I've had the pleasure of being a part of. It's full of shenanigans but goddamn if it isn't amazing. It's not a part of community and it's got a bunch of silliness. The theater is on a whole other level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom