• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

Russel Westbrook would have the same stat line as Lebron.
I'll second this. He controls the ball, he'd have his own collection of inefficient 40 point games, and he'd run around like a mad man to get 10 rebounds every night.

I'll give LeBron credit because he's actually trying, but there comes a point where he's just getting his, and no one else really has a chance to get anything going outside of the occasional open jumper he feeds them. He's playing point guard, shooting guard, and the forward spots, and it isn't necessarily because of the team he's playing with -- this is what he always does. His offensive game is built around him doing everything, encroaching on everyone's role who isn't a spot-up shooter. It makes him look good, but it hurts the team at the end of games sometimes.

LeBron just called himself the best player in the world. And it's not bragging. LOL. Dude is just amazing. PEACE.

That's our SF. ;_:

edit:
9jBmg.png

Jonm1010

Banned
Don't forget the LakeShow on the comeback Jordan Gawd-son, Julius Randle, the number 2 overall pick and Mamba's final season.

I want you to know I couldn't even type that with a straight face, let alone say it

Hey, just enjoy the tank while it lasts. Your LA. You'll get some FA's in a couple years or be able to make a blockbuster trade for a disgruntled star but for now they should take at least one more season to build that lottery talent reserve. It will make the re-ascension that much easier.

Like I wish my Pelicans had done.

Pimpwerx

He's actually really insecure.

If you have to announce it, something is wrong.
Nah. In this case, it's just the truth. He is doing some god tier stuff this series. I hate the man with a passion, but I always maintain that he's the best basketball player I've ever seen. He is a basketball machine. PEACE.

Omega

Banned
u wot

Healthy OKC

Actually having to play the Spurs and the Clips

Healthy Memphis

Healthy Houston

GS cake-walked through the playoffs this year. Injured teams everywhere they went. If everyone is healthy next year this GS state team isn't sniffing the finals.

Spurs couldn't even beat the Clips and Clips couldn't even beat a Josh Smith/Brewer led Houston team.

You can use the healthy excuse but can we stop pretending Spurs or Clippers would have done anything

Champagne

Banned
I'll second this. He controls the ball, he'd have his own collection of inefficient 40 point games, and he'd run around like a mad man to get 10 rebounds every night.

I'll give LeBron credit because he's actually trying, but there comes a point where he's just getting his, and no one else really has a chance to get anything going outside of the occasional open jumper he feeds them. He's playing point guard, shooting guard, and the forward spots, and it isn't necessarily because of the team he's playing with -- this is what he always does. His offensive game is built around him doing everything, encroaching on everyone's role who isn't a spot-up shooter. It makes him look good, but it hurts the team at the end of games sometimes.
wrap it up boys

troll of the year

dumbest post 2k15

dumbest post all time

we have it here

we poppin bottles on me

Hey, just enjoy the tank while it lasts. Your LA. You'll get some FA's in a couple years or be able to make a blockbuster trade for a disgruntled star but for now they should take at least one more season to build that lottery talent reserve. It will make the re-ascension that much easier.

Like I wish my Pelicans had done.

I'm already ready for another tank. Our 2016 1st round pick is top 3 protected so we need to be even more ready than last year. Front office did a good job by bringing back Byron Scott to ready the battle stations.

Mxrz

Don't forget the LakeShow on the comeback Jordan Gawd-son, Julius Randle, the number 2 overall pick and Mamba's final season.

I want you to know I couldn't even type that with a straight face, let alone say it

Its really depressing to think Kobe is spending his final season on such a terrible team. Laker for life and all that, but the world needs to let him go to a contender for one last run.

Jonm1010

Banned
I'm already ready for another tank. Our 2016 1st round pick is top 3 protected so we need to be even more ready than last year. Front office did a good job by bringing back Byron Scott to ready the battle stations.

Thats your ace in the hole. Just can't let the LA media or Kobe Bryant get him fired midway through the season and risk fucking it all up.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

Yup, should definitely have Delly running pick and rolls and throwing lob passes instead. You're out of your mind if you think he'd play like this if the Cavs weren't destroyed.

If only he could find a top 5 pg to play with...

Nah. In this case, it's just the truth. He is doing some god tier stuff this series. I hate the man with a passion, but I always maintain that he's the best basketball player I've ever seen. He is a basketball machine. PEACE.

Him saying it means jackshit.

Is that a consolation prize or something???

What good will it do besides make him look like the clown he usually looks like???

Also, it's a TEAM sport as the Finals lead shows.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I'm still blown away that people are surprised that Pro players are cocky assholes, let alone all-star/superstar talent.

Cavs leaders in assists tonight:

LeBron 11
Shump 2
Delly 1
JR 1

That'll get it done. lol

lol

If he had said the opposite you'd reply with some bullshit like "He doesn't believe he's the best, LeBron has no confidence" or something equally dumb. The hate this guy gets in this thread is sad.

I don't think the question asked required him to make a statement about his status in the world as a player. In fact, it almost had nothing to do with it.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Jordan never said it and he actually never lost in the Finals.

Jordan was 1-10 in the playoffs on teams without Scottie Pippen.

So he's rewarded for never pulling a 2007 (or 2015) Lebron and dragging a shitty team to the finals? So silly.

As is that MJ stat. Just as silly as the Lebron finals record stat. Penalize him for dragging terrible teams to the finals.

Its really depressing to think Kobe is spending his final season on such a terrible team. Laker for life and all that, but the world needs to let him go to a contender for one last run.

What contender would let him start and would he ever agree to play second/third fiddle? He's never going to defer and he most certainly would never agree to come off the bench

BadAss2961

Yup, should definitely have Delly running pick and rolls and throwing lob passes instead. You're out of your mind if you think he'd play like this if the Cavs weren't destroyed.

If only he could find a top 5 pg to play with...
LeBron plays the same game with Kyrie on the floor.

Thats your ace in the hole. Just can't let the LA media or Kobe Bryant get him fired midway through the season and risk fucking it all up.

Everyone thought Kobe was the tank master but it was Byron the whole time. This is a man who is on record saying that he doesn't believe three pointers help you win championships.

Jonm1010

Banned
I'm still blown away that people are surprised that Pro players are cocky assholes, let alone all-star/superstar talent.

Cavs leaders in assists tonight:

LeBron 11
Shump 2
Delly 1
JR 1

That'll get it done. lol

Yeah I never get it, I hate to say it but a bit or a lot of cockiness - spoken or unspoken - is a large part of the confidence needed to be great.

Jonm1010

Banned
Everyone thought Kobe was the tank master but it was Byron the whole time. This is a man who is on record saying that he doesn't believe three pointers help you win championships.

Oh I know, I am still amazed CP3 managed to take his archaic philosophies and systems and get a second seed and go deep against the Spurs in the second round of the playoffs.

Dude has been riding off CP3's success for his entire career now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom