• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's avg 26 ppg 6 asst 5 rbs 44% fg 40% 94% FT
Yes he hasnt been LeBron dominate but he doesnt have to be thats the thing GS has

But the fact that Klay has been garbage the last 2 games and Warriors still won both by double figures shows you how good GS is

Iggy has been the glue but Curry still has been the best player

Klay needs to actually show up for the next game.

Mxrz

Wonder if GS can repeat, does the West get tougher next year? I know the east will

Depends on Durant. Westbrook hit a new level this year. If they can get it together again, maybe improve their bench, they're right back at the top. Chances are the Spurs won't get CP3'd in the first round, and Memphis hopefully will have Tony Allen back at 100%.

If nothing else, this year has stressed how important it is to get through the season healthy. A lot more teams are going to follow Pop's lead. There's also the new HGH testing, too.

neptunes

West will get tougher next year. It's hard to say what's going to happen to this squad in the offseason. They needed to unload Lee unfortunately due to cap reasons and will have to pay Draymond. I think if they stay together and tighten up their execution, this team can be a force long term.
an SA vs GS WCF would have been just as competitive as the finals.

SA would have given them a run for their money.

Champagne

Banned
The West is already the toughest conference in the history of sports (tied with the SEC if we want to get real particular) how could it get tougher?
u wot

Healthy OKC

Actually having to play the Spurs and the Clips

Healthy Memphis

Healthy Houston

GS cake-walked through the playoffs this year. Injured teams everywhere they went. If everyone is healthy next year this GS state team isn't sniffing the finals.

Champagne

Banned

SA would've clowned on GS

It would have been comical. That "play fuckball with the Cavs for 3 quarters" shit would not have flown against Tim and Pop.

Not at all.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Just picture this team with Kyrie, Love and hustling Varejao. Cavs fans are going to feel awful, but damn do they have a good core going. Just need to steal phx's medical staff. Hell, they even got a chance of stealing Wade this summer.

Honestly they're better without them. At least Love. Their defense would be nowhere near as good if he were playing, and the warriors would have run away with both of the games they lost

SA is the absolute counter right now to this dubs squad. They consistently dictate tempo against us. Even the game we won, Spurs were dictating the pace on both sides of the ball.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
u wot

Healthy OKC

Actually having to play the Spurs and the Clips

Healthy Memphis

Healthy Houston

GS cake-walked through the playoffs this year. Injured teams everywhere they went. If everyone is healthy next year this GS state team isn't sniffing the finals.

That was supposed to be super sarcastic, sorry.

The lebron hate is ridiculous. There is literally nothing else he can do to carry this talentless roster to a win.

Honestly they're better without them. At least Love. Their defense would be nowhere near as good if he were playing, and the warriors would have run away with both of the games they lost
I find that hard to believe. The cavs were the best team in the league in the second half once they gelled.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Shumpert has been the worst offender to me, he has literally turned downed layups on fast breaks.

Shump is playing through a shoulder injury. That's probably messing with him quite a bit. You can see him favoring it throughout the game, if you watch closely.

You're crazy, and anyone else that believes this is also crazy.

Imagine having Love on offense. He can rebound, he can shoot, he's a great post player, AND he can pass quite well. Defenders cannot leave him alone, like they can with anyone else. Kyrie is clearly great, and can create his own shot, while creating for others. For defense, players like Delly, TT, etc. would come in and play as hard as they can for 3-4 minute stretches, and not have to worry about conserving fouls.

Jonm1010

Banned
The West is already the toughest conference in the history of sports (tied with the SEC if we want to get real particular) how could it get tougher?

Healthy OKC.

My Pelicans with a good coach, healthy and another year of AD progression.

Jazz look poised to be back in the game soon. Their play after the allstar break went under the radar but they really found a niche of success.

Kings with Karl and likely some added pieces could make some noise.

Then you have all the returning constants: Houston, LAC, GS, Memphis, SA, Dallas etc.

5oSCSMq.gif

Maybe if they lose, his losing record in the Finals should have an asterisk then.
No, anyone with a brain should be able to see that two of those losses were due to having a monumentally overmatched supporting cast, no asterisk necessary.
I don't even get what his finals record has anything to with what I said.

Wool

Healthy OKC.

Jazz look poised to be back in the game soon. Their play after the allstar break went under the radar but they really found a niche of success.

Then you have all the returning constants: Houston, LAC, GS, Memphis, SA, Dallas etc.

Timberwolves are ~2 years out from being really good. Should be significantly better next season than they were this year.

Dallas, Portland, and Denver look like they could be on the downward trend, but we'll see.

Champagne

Banned
my only regret these playoffs is not being able to watch stone-faced leonard steal curry's soul straight from his body on national television

would have been glorious

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If nothing else, this year has stressed how important it is to get through the season healthy. A lot more teams are going to follow Pop's lead. There's also the new HGH testing, too.

Expect more teams to follow Kerr's lead as well in terms of monitoring fatigue over the season with body sensors during practices to help figure out when to rest players.

Mxrz

I disagree about Kyrie and Varejao. Kyrie will play defense with LeBron. That isn't even a question. It feels like years since i've seen Varejao play, but the guy used to hustle his ass off for every ball, constantly getting under the other players skin.

Love would give them some scoring, something they desperately need. If he opts in, they should roll with it. But certainly wouldn't give him a max deal right now if he bails.

I can tell if this is trolling or the worst armchair analysis of Basketball I've read so far.

The Cavs were killing teams with a healthy roster. They didn't need 3/5 of the Knicks and Delly.

Healthy OKC.

Don't forget the LakeShow on the comeback Jordan Gawd-son, Julius Randle, the number 2 overall pick and Mamba's final season.

I want you to know I couldn't even type that with a straight face, let alone say it

Jonm1010

Banned
Timberwolves are ~2 years out from being really good. Should be significantly better next season than they were this year.

Dallas, Portland, and Denver look like they could be on the downward trend, but we'll see.

Yep. Even with teams like Portland, Phoenix and Dallas possibly on the decline teams like Utah, New Orleans, OKC and possibly Minnesota and the Kings are looking to take a nice step forward.

the West aint getting any easier unless it gets hit with a rash of injuries again. But Silver seems like he may implement that schedule changes to reduce back to back nest season so that should buffer it.

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 23s24 seconds ago
LeBron: "I feel confident because I'm the best player in the world. Simple."

this guy. Smuggin it up even in a loss.

FZZ

Banned
Is it me or did once Lebron told himself he was the best player in the world he suddenly became alive in the interview

Huh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom