• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah that's because you're a joke character.

Well then humor this joke character for once and explain what's wrong with being confused by a guy just casually dropping "I'm the best player in the world" when being asked about something barely related to that.

He can say it all he wants but don't expect people not to find it funny when he does it out of nowhere.

effzee

Echo chamber of hate right now. Carry on, it's entertaining.

I wouldn't say hate. I'd say stupid.

As always NBA gaf is pretty much 90% stupid know it alls who know nothing at all. All conversation is formulated based on dislike of Lebron. Any and everything is then twisted into him doing or saying wrong.

He could cure cancer and they'd say "but Jordan would have cured world hunger".

Anyway I just finished the game on dvr. What happened to JR from the first half? He got the same looks in the 2ND half and by my count just kept passing them up. It completely changed the game to me. He was becoming a 2nd option in the first half but then on his own stoppped. Very puzzling. I also don't think I've ever seen a team with so many bad ball handlers. None of them can dribble or maybe compared to Curry they look so pedestrian.

And not that I know Shumpert and JR to we'll but living in NYC I caught enough of their game to know they used to drive at times. They seem so timid to do anything but look for the 3.

At least my prediction is of Warriors in 6 will come true.

BadAss2961

He scored or assisted 81% of the Cavs points tonight. New record. Your argument is statistically, factually incorrect.
You're not hearing me. One guy accounting for 81% of the offense is not a good thing. Yeah, Deli is his PG, but LeBron plays the same game with Kyrie on the floor, meaning he still controls the ball instead of the point guard. The only difference Kyrie makes under LeBron is that he'll score more points than Deli.

Well then humor this joke character for once and explain what's wrong with being confused by a guy just casually dropping "I'm the best player in the world" when being asked about something barely related to that.

He can say it all he wants but don't expect people not to find it funny when he does it out of nowhere.

I wouldn't say hate. I'd say stupid.

As always NBA gaf is pretty much 90% stupid know it alls who know nothing at all. All conversation is formulated based on dislike of Lebron. Any and everything is then twisted into him doing or saying wrong.

He could cure cancer and they'd say "but Jordan would have cured world hunger".
What he said. ^

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
You're not hearing me. One guy accounting for 81% of the offense is not a good thing. Yeah, Deli is his PG, but LeBron plays the same game with Kyrie on the floor, meaning he still controls the ball instead of the point guard. The only difference Kyrie makes under LeBron is that he'll score more points than Deli.

You're not understanding me. I'm not praising Lebron for the 81%. I'm pointing out that its WAY WAY higher than that number has ever been with Kyrie on the floor. Because Lebron does not play this way with Kyrie on the floor. Never has.

You're really telling me Lebron is letting Deli handle the same amount of ballhandling duties as he does Kyrie? I mean it's becoming embarrassingly obvious you've never watched this team play before the playoffs.

CHgzHaEUcAEtFTr.jpg

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
So, I'm super impressed with LeBron's effort this series but, just like WestFraud through a month or two, his numbers are the byproduct of a highly inefficient philosophy. They can bludgeon their way to 35-40% shooting every game playing this shit-ball and hope the Warriors don't make their normal shots. In doing so LeBron's usage rate is astronomically high and that doesn't even count his crashing the defensive boards on every play for rebounds. I guess I'm not super impressed with huge numbers produced at a low percentage when you take every shot and the other team doesn't double team you.

People saying he is way outplaying Curry...I'm not so sure even though Curry hasn't been as hot as he can be. It is almost impossible to compare as the offensive philosophies are completely different - the warriors play a ball movement game while the Cavs just iso every single play and then crash the boards when shots go up. OF COURSE the numbers will be unbalanced.

I mean, if Curry just ran around jacking up contested 3s he would probably still hit 33%. If he took LeBron's 40 shots/game that equates to 13 3s or 39 points per game. I just wouldn't find that as impressive as, obviously, a lot of LeBron fans would. I'd rather have him average 25 and have the team play as they do now.

effzee

Yup you heard here first folks. Lebron, who most know and recognize as the current best player in the league, is actually the problem on this team. Too ball dominant. Remove him and they can play team ball and win!

I think by now every argument you can conceive has been used against him. Too ball dominant, not aggressive enough, not clutch enough, takes bad shots at end of game, passed at the end of the game, too much of a PG, not enough of a PG, doesn't make teammates better, focuses too much on distributing the ball.

Christ is there no limit to how stupid the anti Lebron crown can get ? It's ok to just say you don't like the player/person without having to fabricate reasons as if they based in logic.

Yup you heard here first folks. Lebron, who most know and recognize as the current best player in the league, is actually the problem on this team. Too ball dominant. Remove him and they can play team ball and win!

I think by now every argument you can conceive has been used against him. Too ball dominant, not aggressive enough, not clutch enough, takes bad shots at end of game, passed at the end of the game, too much of a PG, not enough of a PG, doesn't make teammates better, focuses too much on distributing the ball.

Christ is there no limit to how stupid the anti Lebron crown can get ? It's ok to just say you don't like the player/person without having to fabricate reasons as if they based in logic.

All of this NBAGAF is just ignorant all around

offtopic

I was with you up until this point lol. I think if that were to happen they wouldn't have won a single game. The rest of the team isn't exactly playing well.

I was talking about Curry. Yes, he could go 40+ a night but the team is better when he does not.

effzee

So, I'm super impressed with LeBron's effort this series but, just like WestFraud through a month or two, his numbers are the byproduct of a highly inefficient philosophy. They can bludgeon their way to 35-40% shooting every game playing this shit-ball and hope the Warriors don't make their normal shots. In doing so LeBron's usage rate is astronomically high and that doesn't even count his crashing the defensive boards on every play for rebounds. I guess I'm not super impressed with huge numbers produced at a low percentage when you take every shot and the other team doesn't double team you.

People saying he is way outplaying Curry...I'm not so sure even though Curry hasn't been as hot as he can be. It is almost impossible to compare as the offensive philosophies are completely different - the warriors play a ball movement game while the Cavs just iso every single play and then crash the boards when shots go up. OF COURSE the numbers will be unbalanced.

I mean, if Curry just ran around jacking up contested 3s he would probably still hit 33%. If he took LeBron's 40 shots/game that equates to 13 3s or 39 points per game. I just wouldn't find that as impressive as, obviously, a lot of LeBron fans would. I'd rather have him average 25 and have the team play as they do now.

No shit. This is the first time he's averaged so many shots. Lebron has never been a volume shooter. He has to be in this series. But you think this is how he always plays or wants to?

I said it before the series a more efficient Lebron is averaging 25-30 points while being near a triple double every night. That all went out the window with Love and Irving out.

Even with Miami they were at their best when he was facilitating and getting all those shooters in space.

On these Cavs every time he subs out they look like lost school kids playing in traffic.

piratethingy

Hypothetical:

These two teams face off in another series just like this one, where the only difference is Lebron and Curry switch teams.

What would you expect from this series?

BadAss2961

You're not understanding me. I'm not praising Lebron for the 81%. I'm pointing out that its WAY WAY higher than that number has ever been with Kyrie on the floor. Because Lebron does not play this way with Kyrie on the floor. Never has.

You're really telling me Lebron is letting Deli handle the same amount of ballhandling duties as he does Kyrie? I mean it's becoming embarrassingly obvious you've never watched this team play before the playoffs.
People act like it's some new development that LeBron takes over the point guard duties regardless of who's playing the position. All I could do was lol at the media wondering how Kyrie would sometimes bagel the assist column.

Remember game 1? LeBron controlled the ball for all his minutes until late in the 4th quarter where he leaned on Kyrie to take over. This is what he does.

Man, disappointing how flaccid Jr Smith has been this series. Lebron doing his best to inch them closer but still not enough he needs More Cavs to show up something next game and not just him all by himself. Or its the GS erecting that larry o brien tuesday..

also penis.

jesus the hate for Lebron in this thread...

The hate stems from the people who tout him as the greatest of all time. He's a GREAT player, and one of the best of this generation, but he's about to fall to 2-4 in NBA finals. Let's not forget he plays in the Eastern conference where making it to a final is a cakewalk compared to the West. If he moves to a western conference team and wins a title I would have a lot more praise for him.

piratethingy

I was talking about Curry. Yes, he could go 40+ a night but the team is better when he does not.

But no one is saying Curry should be shooting as much as Lebron. Who are you arguing with? Of course he shouldn't. Lebron has to play like he is because he's one of two Cavs starters who are playing in this series.

effzee

He had a good game 4. No idea what happened tonight or why he barely played, unless his confidence was crushed after Barnes put him up on a poster lol.

Blatt adjusted to Warriors going small. Don't blame him. Mosgov scored a ton but that was the worst Cavs game. He couldn't rotate out to the shooters.

Problem is Warriors are just the better team, especially now how the Cavs are. They can go 10 deep which also allows them to play different strategies and matchups. Cavs can't.

offtopic

And what is with the "LeBron isn't getting any help!" narrative? The next top three scorers on the Cavs went for a combined 43 and the next top three scorers on the dubs also went for 43 (one one those was Barbosa lol). At what point are you not getting any help? How is that defined?

When you play iso shit-ball of course other players will have less numbers. I would agree that it was a bad decision by LeBron to not play Mozgov.

Blatt adjusted to Warriors going small. Don't blame him. Mosgov scored a ton but that was the worst Cavs game. He couldn't rotate out to the shooters.

Problem is Warriors are just the better team, especially now how the Cavs are. They can go 10 deep which also allows them to play different strategies and matchups. Cavs can't.

Cavs haven't even attempted to play Shawn Marion.

Trey

SA would've clowned on GS

It would have been comical. That "play fuckball with the Cavs for 3 quarters" shit would not have flown against Tim and Pop.

Not at all.

GS actually matches up better against SA than they do the Cavs. SA doesn't have a singular force like LeBron to tilt every possession in the Cavs' favor. They can post up Timmy but he's not disrupting the GS defense like LeBron does. And SA doesn't have a vacuum on the boards like Tristan Thompson.

It would be a much better looking series though. "Beautiful basketball" as it were.

neptunes

hopefully he misses the finals next year, if only to improve the quality of discussion in these threads. it's been 5 years,
I wonder if finals threads would still be as one-note and predictable without his appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom