• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Disagree. Lebron could be a great post player, but he pushes off for separation way too much (and gets away with it). There's a difference between using your arm for separation, and pushing off. And he's not good at creating spacing in a post up sequence without using his large frame to physically shove other players out of the way.

Xfd. Yeah man Shaq wasn't a great post player either, he relied on his large frame to physically shove other players out of the way!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Xfd. Yeah man Shaq wasn't a great post player either, he relied on his large frame to physically shove other players out of the way!

There's a difference between using your size for separation, and physically shoving people out of the way with your arm.

Jonm1010

Banned
Do you think Lebron has help? Would love to know. How important is Curry to this Warrior's team? I can think of MANY players that could replace him and the Warriors would still win. Replace Lebron with anyone on this Cav's team, and they wouldn't do shit.

Pretty much.

Lebron should be appreciated that his talent is such that he can take a group like this, playing like this, and make it competitive. He shouldn't be shit on because people selectively ignore the context of Lebron's appearance in the Finals and we only focus on the W's and L's.

Kacar

Fuck man.

It's not even fatigue, it's just ass players, Shumpert seems intimidated, JR disappears in 2nd half every game, Mozgov doesn't match well against the small ball, Jones/Miller lol, Delly is truly awful and struggles to dribble/pass, Tristan my boy though.

Just ass ass everywhere.

I feel bad about our home game, but great about a possible game 7.

Edit: but it's not even that, Cavs had this game but Steph went insane, so I feel ok.

giphy.gif

me trying to figure out whos trolling and the serious.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm wondering if Bam Bam Baklava is a bigger LeBron hater then he is a GSW fan. It's one thing to win, it's another to win without tearing down the opponent. Especially when Lebron is having a series like he has so far.

His Lebron/Cavs hate has been going on since the regular season and offseason threads, so he's consistent at least.

giphy.gif

me trying to figure out whos trolling and the serious.

Assume people are doing both. ;)

Lebron uses his off arm to clear space every single game, never called. Mozgov travels repeatedly, rarely called. Mozgov goes up just like Green goes up on defense, Green gets called for it when it's against Lebron.

There's stuff the Warriors get away with too but let's be perfectly clear. Refs are not the reason your group of bums is down 3-2. They wouldn't be here if the refs didn't help them out by giving a wink and a nudge to Blatt when he was about to cost them their season with that phantom timeout

I said it was cool. No need to dwell on it, and I don't need you to edit reality for me.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I will never understand why people bring up the "well what if they switched teams!" argument.

I mean, are you fucking kidding me? LeBron is 6'8" 260 and the best player on the planet, Curry is a small guy that has handles and is on pace to be the best shooter in history. Why are we acting like their impacts are remotely similar? It just sounds like a shitty attempt to salvage the fact that LeBron finds himself in a losing situation despite being the best player. It sucks, get over it.
Russel Westbrook would have the same stat line as Lebron.
Pretty much.

jmizzal

Curry had one terrible shooting game and that was game 2, yes this is his first huge game, but the hyperbole around here of people acting like hes been terrible most of the games is ridiculous

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
There's a difference between using your body to back down people and using your off-arm.

Right. It's okay to physically hold your arm out a bit to maintain separation. But you can't use it to create separation by physically pushing a player away from you. Or ramming your forearm or shoulder into them.

Curry had one terrible shooting game and that was game 2, yes this is his first huge game, but the hyperbole around here of people acting like hes been terrible most of the games is ridiculous

He hasn't dominated like he did most of the season.

Plus, he's the MVP.

The standard is way higher.

Not the best player on the floor. There's no shame in that. He's arguably not the best player on his team in the finals.

Those are facts.

You don't go away from size when you get blitzed with small ball. The worst thing to do against a small ball team is to match down to them.
I agree, the Mavs learned this the hard way in that first round upset. This is especially bad because you're already at a steep talent disadvantage, and then remove your 2nd best player from the equation.

Kacar

LeBrons strength is so amazing his body barely reacts to the fouls so the ref misses it. LeBron is locked in but you can see it get to him and he gets frustrated, I'm not talking about any other calls on either side. LeBron could not get a call in the 4th.

Mxrz

Just picture this team with Kyrie, Love and hustling Varejao. Cavs fans are going to feel awful, but damn do they have a good core going. Just need to steal phx's medical staff. Hell, they even got a chance of stealing Wade this summer.

neptunes

Wonder if GS can repeat, does the West get tougher next year? I know the east will

So GS will get a ring before OKC...I had so much faith in them.

I will never understand why people bring up the "well what if they switched teams!" argument.

I mean, are you fucking kidding me? LeBron is 6'8" 260 and the best player on the planet, Curry is a small guy that has handles and is on pace to be the best shooter in history. Why are we acting like their impacts are remotely similar? It just sounds like a shitty attempt to salvage the fact that LeBron finds himself in a losing situation despite being the best player. It sucks, get over it.

Pretty much.
I don't really get it, people are fishing for so many consolation prizes fr loosing and the series isn't even over yet.

LeBrons strength is so amazing his body barely reacts to the fouls so the ref misses it. LeBron is locked in but you can see it get to him and he gets frustrated, I'm not talking about any other calls on either side. LeBron could not get a call in the 4th.

Shaq had the same issue. He was so big that hard fouls hardly had an effect on him. If Shaq was ref'd the way everyone else was he'd foul out the entire opposing team before halftime.

jmizzal

Not the best player on the floor. There's no shame in that. He's arguably not the best player on his team in the finals.

Those are facts.

He's avg 26 ppg 6 asst 5 rbs 44% fg 40% 94% FT
Yes he hasnt been LeBron dominate but he doesnt have to be thats the thing GS has

But the fact that Klay has been garbage the last 2 games and Warriors still won both by double figures shows you how good GS is

Iggy has been the glue but Curry still has been the best player

Wonder if GS can repeat, does the West get tougher next year? I know the east will

Series ain't over yet. it's just 3-2..

West will get tougher next year. It's hard to say what's going to happen to this squad in the offseason. They needed to unload Lee unfortunately due to cap reasons and will have to pay Draymond. I think if they stay together and tighten up their execution, this team can be a force long term.

What animal do I need to sacrifice to the basketball gods for Klay to go off again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom