• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

otapnam

...to the NBA Finals?

And yeah, FMVP should be LeBron by a country mile. I doubt he wants it though.

To the finals this year but you can't build a solid future on broken players. They have some salary problems coming up too.

As a Warriors fan I like the Cavs roster with Kyrie healthy. LeBron, Kyrie, Thompson, Mozgov are all top-notch pieces. They need to ditch Love and bring in a couple of 3&D players (no, not Shump) to give themselves some rotational flexibility.

I don't like their offensive philosophy but I'm not sure if that is a product of the combination of the roster, LeBron's ego and/or Blatt's inability.

I can't tell if they cant run offense or are just scared of messing up and pissing off lebron. It reminds me of when kobe was going nuts and the rest of the team would just watch him

Bishman

The Warriors are -4.5 point favorites heading to Cleveland for game 6.

CHnt20VWIAAUtpv.jpg

"Since 2007, road teams have gone 276-214 ATS (+50.3 units won) in games officiated by Scott Foster -- the 2nd best record in our database." Via SportsInsight

All the Curry MVP talk makes me sick. Overall he has played like hot garbage, actually being a liability to his team in my opinion. His passing has been especially atrocious.

Basically I've learned some of NBAGAF is just awful. I mean people literally don't have any idea what they're talking about it.

You guys know that the post season and the Finals is completely irrelevant in MVP talks and the MVP is a regular season award right? And that Steph is shooting 40% from 3 despite a historically bad game right? And that he has more defensive attention than LBJ in a series where be does literally everything right? And that all of Barnes', Lee's, and yes "FMVP" Iggy's looks come from being wide open because Steph is facing another double team right? And that he's still the leading scorer on a good TS% right?

Like do you guys watch basketball or what?

Cheebo

Banned
You guys know that the post season and the Finals is completely irrelevant in MVP talks and the MVP is a regular season award right? And that Steph is shooting 40% from 3 despite a historically bad game right? And that he has more defensive attention than LBJ in a series where be does literally everything right? And that all of Barnes', Lee's, and yes "FMVP" Iggy's looks come from being wide open because Steph is facing another double team right? And that he's still the leading scorer on a good TS% right?

Except everyone is talking about the finals MVP. You know the award for most valuable player in the finals?

Anth0ny

a loser should never get finals mvp. the main reason being the loser doesn't WANT finals mvp. if I was lebron I'd throw that trophy in the garbage. who wants to be reminded of the series where you averaged a triple double with 40 points and still lost in the end?

we all know who the best player was during these finals. it's not even a question. but you can't be the mvp if you lose imo.

Ronin Ray

Basically I've learned some of NBAGAF is just awful. I mean people literally don't have any idea what they're talking about it.

Welcome to GaF sports where no one watches the games, uses facts, and everyone overacts and judges with extreme prejudice. Your only as good as your highlights, and last shot. Its a beautiful train wreck.

I honestly couldn't care less who gets finals MVP as long as the W's chip. Our team's incredible chemistry has carried us all year long. Lebron can have the individual accolade.

I could have written this article if, well, I could write:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-good-and-bad-of-the-lebron-juggernaut/

Been saying it since game 5 and 100% agree that Cavs best option is to roll with the two bigs, have Mozgov play way off Iggy and just dare him to beat them. If he isn't shooting well you have a chance. If he is well, you'd have lost anyways. Don't let the Warriors dictate your line-up.

Iggy has been taking that opportunity all series. At some point I feel like you have to come up with something better than the best worst option.

Except everyone is talking about the finals MVP. You know the award for most valuable player in the finals?

But that doesn't even make sense. Most of the Curry MVP talk is just saying that his performance in game 5 is indicative of him being the MVP this year.

And if GS wins and they have a FMVP it has to be Curry because most of the points Andre, Lee, and Green get is off wide open shit when he passes out of a double team. Like this isn't rocket science its direct cause and effect. They aren't even guarding Andre some plays all they care about it Steph half the game. And when they give him any breathing room he drops 37 and closes all Delis everywhere.

I could have written this article if, well, I could write:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-good-and-bad-of-the-lebron-juggernaut/

Been saying it since game 5 and 100% agree that Cavs best option is to roll with the two bigs, have Mozgov play way off Iggy and just dare him to beat them. If he isn't shooting well you have a chance. If he is well, you'd have lost anyways. Don't let the Warriors dictate your line-up.

I said this in a previous post on this thread as well. The worst thing you can do when a team commits to small ball is to match down in size for the sake of it. Absorb the initial blitz, leverage your advantage in size/rebounding and just slow the pace of the game to an absolute crawl to reduce total amount of possessions. I've seen my share of teams over the years do this to completely mitigate Nellie ball.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
I said this in a previous post on this thread as well. The worst thing you can do when a team commits to small ball is to match down in size for the sake of it. Absorb the initial blitz, leverage your advantage in size/rebounding and just slow the pace of the game to an absolute crawl to reduce total amount of possessions. I've seen my share of teams over the years do this to completely mitigate Nellie ball.

Another interesting theme from the article is the widespread admission among the Cavs that their current play style is completely unsustainable. That sort of reads as an admission that they'd never be able to make it to the Finals out of the West with their current limitations.

Iggy has been taking that opportunity all series. At some point I feel like you have to come up with something better than the best worst option.

But that doesn't even make sense. Most of the Curry MVP talk is just saying that his performance in game 5 is indicative of him being the MVP this year.

And if GS wins and they have a FMVP it has to be Curry because most of the points Andre, Lee, and Green get is off wide open shit when he passes out of a double team. Like this isn't rocket science its direct cause and effect. They aren't even guarding Andre some plays all they care about it Steph half the game. And when they give him any breathing room he drops 37 and closes all Delis everywhere.

One game.

What's LeBrons line gonna look like tonight? He gonna go for 60??

You can predict he'll go for something like 12 assists and 16 rebounds, just put those in the bank. Whether or not his shot falls, who knows. Let's say it's 12 makes on 35 shots, 1 made 3. 8 made free throws. 33 points.

There we go. 33/12/16 and Cavs lose. See you next year, come back healthy Uncle Drew and K Love.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
It's hard for him to score that much, he hunts for rebounds and looks for passes too much.

http://espn.go.com/nba/gameleaders/_/sort/points

Westbrook is the only guy who can score a lot and put up big numbers in the other columns.

That and going for 60 on 40% shooting would require 75 shots. If he shoots 33% like he has a couple of times that would require about 90 shots. Give him the benefit of the doubt and say he makes two 3 pointers and 8 free throws and the numbers drop slightly to 70 or 85 (depending on the shooting percentage). I think the warriors would be good with either scenario as it would pretty much guarantee them the win. Of course the the media would splooge themselves about his heroic effort with no help despite the fact they lost by 30...

Dr.Acula

Banned
That and going for 60 on 40% shooting would require 75 shots. If he shoots 33% like he has a couple of times that would require about 90 shots. Give him the benefit of the doubt and say he makes two 3 pointers and 8 free throws and the numbers drop slightly to 70 or 85 (depending on the shooting percentage). I think the warriors would be good with either scenario as it would pretty much guarantee them the win. Of course the the media would splooge themselves about his heroic effort with no help despite the fact they lost by 30...

It's the NBA. So think more like 20 free-throws.

Darren Rovell ✔@darrenrovell
Ticket market dropped about 60% after Cavs lost game 5. 15% of entire arena for tonight's game (3,142 tickets) on sale on Flashseats this AM

8 hours until tip in Cleveland for Game 6: 2,678 tickets for sale on Cavs resale site FlashSeats or 13% of arena

bu bu real sports town, bu bu all in, bu bu together
wPBWVm7.png

Ticket market dropped about 60% after Cavs lost game 5. 15% of entire arena for tonight's game (3,142 tickets) on sale on Flashseats this AM

8 hours until tip in Cleveland for Game 6: 2,678 tickets for sale on Cavs resale site FlashSeats or 13% of arena

bu bu real sports town, bu bu all in, bu bu together
wPBWVm7.png
They held out hope longer than fans in here.

stn

I'm not even sure LeBron would want to win finals MVP after losing. Imagine the feeling of hoisting the MVP trophy while thinking inside your head that you feel like shit.

Not surprised at the ticket drop off since it's pretty much over

The only thing that pisses me off is people singled out Miami as not "real" fans when other cities do that shit too. Other people need to stop being jelly of our perpetual summer weather and hot men and women.

Or people just mad that a predominantly latin city that doesn't really know basketball gets championships

watershed

Banned
I'm going with the Cavs winning a chippy, ugly, poorly played game. Lots of turnovers, stilted offense, and questionable calls by the refs.

Fjordson

Honestly surprised by those ticket stats. figured it'd be sold out well in advance.

Even as a Warriors fan, I honestly don't have a ton of confidence that we'll finish it tonight. We could obviously, but wouldn't shock me if we didn't.

Truer words have never been spoken. I just enjoy the Curry downplay because he crushed the souls of so many Cavs fan last Sunday.

Jarate

Banned
I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I would bet my entire life savings that Cleveland gets crushed tonight.
I am a betting man

Im putting all of your life saving on the Warriors and Cavs being close for the first 3 quarters and then the cavs getting too tired in the 4th to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom