• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know who would save LBJ right now? This Guy.

i

shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

All the Curry MVP talk makes me sick. Overall he has played like hot garbage, actually being a liability to his team in my opinion. His passing has been especially atrocious.

I'd pay for that. Just to see how awkward he would look in the offense standing around with nothing to do.

Compared to Delly, he can handle the ball without dribbling it off of his foot.

I'm not talking about him being a scoring threat, but Rondo is a good distributor and it would take a lot of pressure off of LBJ handling the ball every possession up the floor. It'll take some of the pressure off of LBJ and not to forget, Rondo did lead the league in Steals one year. He can play D.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.

I'm not talking about him being a scoring threat, but Rondo is a good distributor and it would take a lot of pressure off of LBJ handling the ball every possession up the floor. It'll take some of the pressure off of LBJ and not to forget, Rondo did lead the league in Steals one year. He can play D.

hey, awkward drive to the right to awkward two handed "was he fouled?" floater is usually straight cash for delly.

Yeah rondo can play d and he can run a offense, but LBJ runs the offense. LBJ can not run the offense sometimes.... i guess.

qcf x2

Rick Carlisle coached Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley. AT THE SAME TIME. He's a players coach. And he wanted no part of Rajon Rondo. That says it all.

Jag

it's sad that the only championship trophy cleveland will see is when the warriors chip on their home court.

I was there when the Spurs beat the Knicks on home court in 99. It's not a pretty sight. It was also the first time an away time won at MSG. Who knew then how much lower the Knicks would go.

Champagne

Banned
interesting to think about all these warriors fans that would flip shit if lbj won fmvp but then behind the scenes of all of this is old jerry west

i bet good money in his heart jerry west wants lbj to win fmvp

if there's anyone that knows about averaging 40 and still having no chance to win it's him

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Anyone who has seen the finals and knows about bball knows that Rajon ROndo is the last thing the Cavs need. If your guard can't shoot or get to the free throw line you are useless in this series.

Rondo in the cavs lineup means another defender on Lebron, and another defender than roam to cover 3 point shooters.

Off topic and still wating for sonys but so far this E3 so far has been really great. It also helped that my expectations werent that high to begin with...

Back on topic I hope LeJon Snow forces a game 7.. I want more basketball.

What are your thoughts on John Wall? I haven't seen him play much but my brother raves about him.

He's a point guard? From what i hear he can shoot , pass well and create his own shots.
Not sure about his defense .

otapnam

What are your thoughts on John Wall? I haven't seen him play much but my brother raves about him.

He's a point guard? From what i hear he can shoot , pass well and create his own shots.
Not sure about his defense .

Hes great. Probably the best true pg of the generation. Matured alot the last few yrs too

VoxPop

All the Curry MVP talk makes me sick. Overall he has played like hot garbage, actually being a liability to his team in my opinion. His passing has been especially atrocious.

Ironically, they wouldn't have won 3 games without him on the court, let alone made the Finals.

Fjordson

Curry's averaging 26, 5 and 6 over the last five games. Shooting 40% from 3. He hasn't been amazing, but he's been good enough. And his presence alone creates shots for other people when he's out there. Game 2 was trash, but that's it.

Lmao.

There were actually some nice animations in that presentation I think, but it still looks off compared to 2K.

diffusionx

Gold Member

The only game he truly was a liability was the one where he went 5-for-23. Even in game 3 he played a major part in cutting that 20pt Cavs lead in the 3rd/4th.

He had 26 and killed the Cavs in OT in game 1, and last night he had 37 points.

Dr Prob

Banned
Rick Carlisle coached Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jamaal Tinsley. AT THE SAME TIME. He's a players coach. And he wanted no part of Rajon Rondo. That says it all.

Yeah. It's too bad because Rondo is a unique talent and actually has a competitive drive in there somewhere, but it manifests in odd ways. Sometimes good (there is some scrap and fight in there, at least if the game is nationally televised), sometimes bad (the nights when no one is watching), but as lame as it is to say/type -- where there's smoke there's fire. Fun to watch when he's on though.

Joel Embiid apparently had a setback in rehab and could miss the start of next season. A big man with prolonged foot problems? What could possibly go wrong?

jmizzal

Lol his 17 points in the 4th of game 5 was the most by any player in the last 40 years in the NBA Finals, not MJ, not Kobe, not even LeBron did that

Steph for MVP

Champagne

Banned
Lol his 17 points in the 4th of game 5 was the most by any player in the last 40 years in the NBA Finals, not MJ, not Kobe, not even LeBron did that

Steph for MVP
front running to the end

wasn't the dude hitting 3's when the dubs were up by like 15 with 40 seconds left?

literally the definition of front running

Jonm1010

Banned
LBJRussburdenComp.jpg

Yes LeBron makes his teammates better too.... Cavs offense when Bron didn't score or give assist on the shot is shooting 32%.

Through game 4.

They really should of made this chart with Lebron Finals vs. Westbrook without Durant. Or even more apt Westbrook during his stretch of Triple Doubles where his usage shot up.

ISOM

front running to the end

wasn't the dude hitting 3's when the dubs were up by like 15 with 40 seconds left?

literally the definition of front running

You could have made that argument in game 4 but not game 5. The Warriors and Cavs were close in points until midway through the 4th and Curry was hitting clutch 3 pointers and shots througout.

And now it's Curry who is getting this absurd criticism. He hasn't been consistently amazing this series but you're completely crazy if you don't admit that the last few games he's played well, was instrumental in closing game 5, and is a lock for finals MVP if Warriors win, bar any Lebron FMVP shenanigans.

It would really kill people to just say "he hasn't played quite to his best this series" instead of going all TMZ level clickbait "he is a liability".

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
And now it's Curry who is getting this absurd criticism. He hasn't been consistently amazing this series but you're completely crazy if you don't admit that the last few games he's played well, was instrumental in closing game 5, and is a lock for finals MVP if Warriors win, bar any Lebron FMVP shenanigans.

It would really kill people to just say "he hasn't played quite to his best this series" instead of going all TMZ level clickbait "he is a liability".

I kind of wonder what his stats would be if he had LeBron's usage rate. My guess is 45/8/12.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
You could have made that argument in game 4 but not game 5. The Warriors and Cavs were close in points until midway through the 4th and Curry was hitting clutch 3 pointers and shots througout.

Curry went off when the Warriors had a 7 point lead. It was a 2 point game until Iggy hit a 3, and then got a dunk or a layup or something. Then Curry went off.

Curry was great in game 5 though. No hate.

The Cavs are shooting 18% with Lebron on the bench, and 0% from 3 when he's on the bench... LOL

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
James has done it all with little help from his teammates. Remarkably, Kyrie Irving still rates as Cleveland's second-best player by WARP in this series (0.3) despite not playing since Game 1. How important has James been? In the 22 minutes he's spent on the bench in the series, the Cavaliers have been outscored by 13 points -- or 39.2 per 100 possessions, according to NBA.com/Stats. When James has rested, Cleveland has averaged 54.6 points per 100 possessions, barely half of its 97.2 offensive rating with James on the court.

That is hilarious.

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/13081897/nba-finals-lebron-james-ia-finals-mvp-win-lose

offtopic

James has done it all with little help from his teammates. Remarkably, Kyrie Irving still rates as Cleveland's second-best player by WARP in this series (0.3) despite not playing since Game 1. How important has James been? In the 22 minutes he's spent on the bench in the series, the Cavaliers have been outscored by 13 points -- or 39.2 per 100 possessions, according to NBA.com/Stats. When James has rested, Cleveland has averaged 54.6 points per 100 possessions, barely half of its 97.2 offensive rating with James on the court.

That is hilarious.

http://espn.go.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/13081897/nba-finals-lebron-james-ia-finals-mvp-win-lose

Yeah he is the only offensive option - especially since their offensive philosophy is pure ISO and he is the only one left capable of doing that. They haven't been taught to play any other style. The Warriors are happy to just let him go for 40 when it means the Cavs shoot 35-40%.

It is getting a little weary hearing about how bad they shoot when he is out from a bunch of wanna-be stat heads. Yes they are bad but that is also an incredibly small sample size. I can probably pull a lot of 12 minute segments from games and find similar point difference per 100.

Redd

That is hilarious.

Injuries happen. No one expected both Kyrie and Love to be out for the season. Maybe Kyrie but that's why you need a decent bench that can score some points. Cavs went all in with the three big names and it's hurting them now.

otapnam

Injuries happen. No one expected both Kyrie and Love to be out for the season. Maybe Kyrie but that's why you need a decent bench that can score some points. Cavs went all in with the three big names and it's hurting them now.

All those high draft picks. Look what that got them smh

offtopic

All those high draft picks. Look what that got them smh

As a Warriors fan I like the Cavs roster with Kyrie healthy. LeBron, Kyrie, Thompson, Mozgov are all top-notch pieces. They need to ditch Love and bring in a couple of 3&D players (no, not Shump) to give themselves some rotational flexibility.

I don't like their offensive philosophy but I'm not sure if that is a product of the combination of the roster, LeBron's ego and/or Blatt's inability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom