• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

zychi

Banned
I love that it's a foreign guy who clearly doesn't work for ESPN or any of the networks who push out the softball questions.

Next year finals is going to suck since the Spurs will probably be the favorites to win it all. Apparently, it is more probable than not that LaMarcus Aldridge is signing with the Spurs. He put his Portland house for sale. He wants to be near home. Save us KD, Cp3 and Curry. Chosen ones who can beat the darkness.

zychi

Banned
Next year finals is going to suck since the Spurs will probably be the favorites to win it all. Apparently, it is more probable than not that LaMarcus Aldridge is signing with the Spurs. He put his Portland house for sale. He wants to be near home. Save us KD, Cp3 and Curry. Chosen ones who can beat the darkness.

:(

I was hoping if Butler leaves, we could get Aldridge, he was sooooo close to being a Bull

zychi

Banned
Lebron won. The Cavs lost.
#notmyfaultfellas
"I'm still a champion."
dwight-howard-houston-rockets.jpg

That kind of size and athleticism disadvantage is not going to evaporate. I like Green a lot, but he's going to have to face guard Thompson when the shot goes up and hope someone else grabs the board. He can't even make him work on the other end because Draymond has no offensive game if he can't outrun the other big down the floor.

Yeah TT is far more dangerous than Anthony Davis and the Memphis bigs. NOW Dray is in trouble.

Kyrie went down because of the pain in the knee. He's probably done, and so are the Cavs.

To the people saying nows it over...you guys realize this is one of the most lopsided finals in an extremely long time based off the betting odds? I mean looking at Sports Illustrated editors they were like 12/16 in the Dubs favor. Every analyst that knows wth they're talking about picked Warriors max in 6. They are having a top 10 all time season. I mean I'm not saying the series is even over but Kyrie going down isn't the reason the Cavs are going to lose. Even a fully healthy Cavs squad would probably lose.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
As mediocre a game Draymond had, the fact that he played almost 9 and a half minutes at the end there with 5 fouls without fouling out was impressive. Surprised the Cavs didn't try attacking him more.

AcridMeat

Banned
As mediocre a game Draymond had, the fact that he played almost 9 and a half minutes at the end there with 5 fouls without fouling out was impressive. Surprised the Cavs didn't try attacking him more.
I'm still mad about his 4th and 5th foul calls. Really it would have been a shame if he fouled out after that crap.

BadAss2961

Nice game from LeBron, but lol at his crunch time habits coming out again. Dude handled the ball all game until late where suddenly it was Kyrie time, then it didn't take long for that leg to give out. Dude then proceeded to disappear in OT and got nothing but a couple bad turnovers and 2 pity points in garbage time.

GS played a mediocre game and still won. Not a bad sign, but they easily could've lost. Keep defending Bron 1 on 1.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
GSW's plan for Lebron:

http://espn.go.com/blog/golden-stat.../warriors-show-how-they-intend-to-stop-lebron

Warriors coach Steve Kerr joked about his team's effectiveness on James, noting that he scored 44 points. Kerr eventually settled on "pick your poison" when describing the conundrum of stopping such a talent. What's clear is the Warriors have chosen their poison. Today, they live. They want a game in which James shoots 38 times, with only four of those tries coming in the restricted area. They want a game in which Cleveland scores 100 points on 94 shots. If LeBron beats Golden State with floaters and step-back jumpers, those are the breaks.

A key principle in Golden State's defensive approach is this: The Warriors don't want to be like the Atlanta Hawks were against the Cavs in the Eastern Conference finals.
Atlanta let James sprint into his drives. It also kept collapsing whenever James drove, ceding an average of 9.3 assists per game to The King. In contrast, on Thursday night, James managed a mere six assists in 46 minutes of play. The Warriors have more rim protection than the Hawks did, and they intend to leverage it. When LeBron drives, it's up to his man and shot blockers -- not perimeter defenders -- to halt the assault.

"He made a lot of tough jumpers that were contested and we'll live with him shooting a lot of shots and scoring 40 because we feel like a lot of guys who are key to them winning a series don't get touches and don't get going," Warriors center Andrew Bogut said of James.

It's all part of the LeBron erosion project. Let him take his shots, let him log his minutes, and wait for him to wear down. There's always risk in such an approach because James is great. An entire arena of people who gulped as he launched that game-winner attempt would attest to that.

On most nights, the Warriors will need more offense from more players. Stephen Curry was himself, but other starters struggled, especially in the beginning. Poor shooting dug the Warriors a 14-point deficit in the first quarter. It took Iguodala and Marreese Speights providing an unexpected jolt of offense to right the ship. Once Golden State closed the gap, the action was closely contested until the fourth-quarter buzzer sounded.

The Warriors are lucky to escape Game 1, but they're also quite good, both in terms of talent and strategy. They backed LeBron James off, refusing to allow him acceleration toward the hole. Then, they invited LeBron to beat them all by himself. He's skilled enough that he came so close to achieving just that.

But in the end, the defense and its game plan prevailed. A king cannot rule well if his subjects starve.

Incredibly ballsy of Kerr to leave Draymond in, I thought. I do love Kerr throwing Iguodala on LeBron, though, <3

orochi91

Oh god, please no.

If Lebron doesn't carry the Cavs to the championship this year, he will never hear the end of it.

The drama surrounding his leaving and return to Cleveland has guaranteed that.

Allah, please let this fucker win a championship for Cleveland D:

This will need to be updated after tonight if it's a new injury:

n5b7Kg0.jpg

Holy shit, what a soldier :/

Jimrpg

This exactly what Kerr said about James Harden too. LBJ is better than Harden, but the principal is the same: eventually those tough shots will stop falling and the team will collapse. As Houston did in Game 3. Expect the same for Cleveland unless they can find another scoring threat to nullify the strategy.

Mike prada from sbnation also wrote an article saying the same thing. Don't double lebron if you have decent defenders that can slow him. Lebron has to shoot a higher percentage of 3s by himself than the warriors and that's not happening. You just can't get good looks at 3 on ISO.

At least I'm around win or lose. How many Lebron fans stuck around in this thread after the game? One? Come on man, that's just ridiculous to be bailing out as soon as things don't go your way.

Am I the only one who thinks everyone is overrating Tristan Thompson to some extent? Yes he's extremely strong on the offensive glass, but at the same time he scored 2 points playing more minutes than anyone (including Lebron). Even without all the Lebron iso's, he still barely does anything on offense besides going for rebounds.

Am I the only one who thinks everyone is overrating Tristan Thompson to some extent? Yes he's extremely strong on the offensive glass, but at the same time he scored 2 points playing more minutes than anyone (including Lebron). Even without all the Lebron iso's, he still barely does anything on offense besides going for rebounds.

It's mostly selective bias.

I think I'm one of the few here that likes LeBron but was also happy to see GS win. Why? Because fuck Cleveland, that's why!

Monster game by the king though

Thompson is legit, he actually goes after rebounds , I've seen players just have a rebound fall into their hands x just be there

Thompson runs for that shit , pay the man Dan or lose a future star

It was an amazing game, I expected something else but got a great game

Ill say this: Im just glad that my spurs beat a fully functional Heat team last year. There are no asterisks on that championship. My fear is that when GS does eventually win that people (sports analysts and fans) are gonna be all "well they played a banged up Cavs team). GS has been the best team all year and beat a Cavs squad with Lebron going off, being down by double digits twice, and while playijg like shit. No one really went off for them. They showed none of their efficiency, shooting accuracy, ball movement and defense last night and they still won. I hope they have shaked off their Game 1 Finals jitters and blow this thing wide open.

Meh, playing russian roulette is more a gamble than anything. Don't know if I call that smart after just 1 game.

I look at it like this: Lebron scored 42 points which is an ideal scenario for the Cavs and still lost to a Warriors team that shot and played like crap. Once they click, even if lebron drops 50 it wont be enough. I think the strategy is sound. This is exactly like the '07 finals and we all know how that ended.

Jindrax

Man that OT was hard to watch =[

I betted 4-2 cavs with my friends but I don't know anymore after tonight's game.
I mean yeah. Lebron did 44 on his own. But you need more than one dude.
Now uncle drew is rekt too... Pfff I dunno.
If we at least had Klove maybe. But now no.

Guess I'm going to have to pay McDonald's for my friends =[

I look at it like this: Lebron scored 42 points which is an ideal scenario for the Cavs and still lost to a Warriors team that shot and played like crap. Once they click, even if lebron drops 50 it wont be enough. I think the strategy is sound. This is exactly like the '07 finals and we all know how that ended.

Time will tell if it works out for them.

Jindrax

Calling it, Lebron will have his headband on next game.
Will tie the game 1-1.

Will accept being a shitlord if wrong (on both counts) :p

Monster Zero

Tough game, worse loss, chance to end it in regulation but boned it. Other than that shitty 3rd quarter, I'm surprised by how well Cleveland played seeing a most expected blowouts. Granpa Irving held together by ducktape though. Not sure how confident I am in Sundays game.

I honestly can't see how Cavs can win more than 2 games to this team.. Lebron out there lookin like Jon Snow against White Walkers. He will have his moments but we damn well know it wont be good enough. Kerr summoning dudes from the bench doing work (i was like lol Spheights?? Really?) while Bron is teamed up with a bunch of Reeks, a Jaime Lannister and now a Brandon Stark. TT is cool though. If GS turns up this is going to be ugly. If there is one good sign for the cavs its their big man rebounding... Man, imagine going to a playoff series thinking you got to drop at least 50 a night to even have a haymakers chance, darn..

facelike

I honestly can't see how Cavs can win more than 2 games to this team.. Lebron out there lookin like Jon Snow against White Walkers. He will have his moments but we damn well know it wont be good enough. Kerr summoning dudes from the bench doing work (i was like lol Spheights?? Really?) while Bron is teamed up with a bunch of Reeks, a Jaime Lannister and now a Brandon Stark. TT is cool though. If GS turns up this is going to be ugly. If there is one good sign for the cavs its their big man rebounding... Man, imagine going to a playoff series thinking you got to drop at least 50 a night to even have a haymakers chance, darn..

What Spheights did in this game he's done all season. He's been reliable with shots when our bench needs scoring.

Champagne

Banned
Ill say this: Im just glad that my spurs beat a fully functional Heat team last year. There are no asterisks on that championship. My fear is that when GS does eventually win that people (sports analysts and fans) are gonna be all "well they played a banged up Cavs team). GS has been the best team all year and beat a Cavs squad with Lebron going off, being down by double digits twice, and while playijg like shit. No one really went off for them. They showed none of their efficiency, shooting accuracy, ball movement and defense last night and they still won. I hope they have shaked off their Game 1 Finals jitters and blow this thing wide open.
GS state lucked out throughout the entire playoffs.

Gonna be flukey either way.

I don't know if anyone is honestly expecting Tristan to have any affect on the game outside of rebounds and defense.

Lebron kinda sorta had a chance with Kyrie out there but if he's limping through the rest of the finals then it's over. Lebron + the Knicks isn't going to be enough.

Has anyone seen thehypocrite or Sunny L?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom