• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That kind of size and athleticism disadvantage is not going to evaporate. I like Green a lot, but he's going to have to face guard Thompson when the shot goes up and hope someone else grabs the board. He can't even make him work on the other end because Draymond has no offensive game if he can't outrun the other big down the floor.

What? Draymond mitigated AD in the first round..dude has been D'ing up better PFs well all season long.

dream

Let's not act like All Star Kevin Love is some sort of difference maker. Even if he was healthy, all Coach Kerr would have to do is activate David Lee to shut him down.

jmizzal

Shout out to Tristan punking Draymond all game. The true DPOY was getting eaten alive out there.

what? Thompson had 6 offensive rebounds but didnt do much else but get rebounds, how was he punking Draymond?

Green had 12-6-3-2 some bad fouls and shot poor but def didnt get punked

TTG

What? Draymond mitigated AD in the first round..

He plays great individual defense and Tristan couldn't care less about that. Think of it like Kwai on JJ Redick in the fist round, Green's strengths just don't matter very much here. Maybe he hits a couple of wide open 3s, maybe not, he'll likely won't be in that kind of foul trouble in back to back games... but this is what it's gonna look like. Thompson will grab 5+ offensive boards and draw loose ball fouls and occupy Warriors' bigs in a way that will lead to more rebounds.

If you're looking for someone to play better, it's Bogut. He should be better helping on Lebron and keeping track of Mozgov both. He had that one block and that was all.

Gigglepoo

If Love and Kyrie were healthy, nobody would have thought of the wiggins trade.

Now people are suggesting a rookie to be the difference maker?

The trade was and still is a good idea

Nope. Defense matters. When 40% of your starters are below average defenders, that's a problem. Cavs were blinded by Love's flashy numbers while ignoring proper team construction.

Let's not act like All Star Kevin Love is some sort of difference maker. Even if he was healthy, all Coach Kerr would have to do is activate David Lee to shut him down.

LeBron could have got Kevin Love next year AND kept Wiggity Wiggins.

It was a bad move then and now.

Pimpwerx

LeBron put in an amazing game. As I hatewatched tonight, I marveled in agony at every fadeaway that splashed out of his ever improving post game. As I admitted to my neighbors tonight, the man is still the best player I've ever seen. I hate the man more than any of you, but he has thoroughly perfected the game. That's not to start an argument, just my opinion. I'm just pointing out how profound his performance was tonight. He has mastered the game of basketball. It's not his best efficiency, but he's also asked to do more. Tonight he was at the height of his powers, and it still wasn't enough.

Golden State is an amazing team. I can't imagine how anyone will compete if they keep the roster together. They have so much depth and talent. Their stars shoot like all time greats. Steph and Klay are actually better than the Miller and Persons tandem that was my all time favorite 3pt pairing. Great game tonight. It didn't matter who won, but I'm glad it was Golden State. PEACE.

TTG

wee-bey-gif_zpsedee4fd3.gif

If Love and Kyrie were healthy, nobody would have thought of the wiggins trade.

Now people are suggesting a rookie to be the difference maker?

The trade was and still is a good idea
Having a just entering his prime Wiggins at 26 years old to take the reigns from a 36 year old Lebron >>>>> paying Looter in a riot Kevin Love a gang of money to not play defense and shoot spot up 3s

LeBron put in an amazing game. As I hatewatched tonight, I marveled in agony at every fadeaway that splashed out of his ever improving post game. As I admitted to my neighbors tonight, the man is still the best player I've ever seen. I hate the man more than any of you, but he has thoroughly perfected the game. That's not to start an argument, just my opinion. I'm just pointing out how profound his performance was tonight. He has mastered the game of basketball. It's not his best efficiency, but he's also asked to do more. Tonight he was at the height of his powers, and it still wasn't enough.

Golden State is an amazing team. I can't imagine how anyone will compete if they keep the roster together. They have so much depth and talent. Their stars shoot like all time greats. Steph and Klay are actually better than the Miller and Persons tandem that was my all time favorite 3pt pairing. Great game tonight. It didn't matter who won, but I'm glad it was Golden State. PEACE.

i wish you could have seen MJ in his prime

neptunes

Nope. Defense matters. When 40% of your starters are below average defenders, that's a problem. Cavs were blinded by Love's flashy numbers while ignoring proper team construction.
That team was not going to the finals this year.

Mozgov, Shump, and JR mean more to the team than what Wiggins could have offered in his first year in the league. He's undersized in weight and would get banged up easily.

Briscoeag

Neo Member
I enjoyed the game, and it seems like golden states bench is just too much for the cavs. But didn't anyone else think lebron got away with murder in the first half? He was constantly extending his arm on offense and then someone LEBRON was the one on the line. and he traveled multiple times with no call.

Pimpwerx

Knocking the Wiggins trade is stupid. This team got further without Love and Wiggins than many thought to start this season. I was among those who thought the Bulls were built better for this postseason. The Cavs even outshone the surprise Hawks. This game ended regulation tied. I'm impressed. If Love leaves, then the trade might look bad. But I'm not sure it makes sense passing judgement after game1. The series isn't over. Let it breath. If Love comes back regardless of the championship, then they're still a formidable team out East. PEACE.

Mozgov, Shump, and JR mean more to the team than what Wiggins could have offered in his first year in the league. He's undersized in weight and would get banged up easily.

Yeah. He only won RotY playing in Minnesota on a shittier team.

Because JR was in hiding. That's like not a tautology man, you got the cause and effect backwards.

The plan was clearly to LeISO every single time. JR knew he wouldn't get the ball. Seems funny how everyone gave Mike Brown shit for doing the LeISO and yet here we are commending him just shooting all day.

Gigglepoo

They could have still traded for the three ex-Knicks. Those trades were all great (well, two firsts for Moz is a bit much).

I've been saying since the rumors began that trading Wiggins for Love was dumb.

neptunes

Yeah. He only won RotY playing in Minnesota on a shittier team.
Who was he competing against? Jordan Clarkson?

If Jabari or Joel Embiid, was healthy or even if Mirotic started all season either would have had a better chance.

RotY has fuck all to do with the current series

Pimpwerx

i wish you could have seen MJ in his prime
I'm 37. I remember Jordan from his busted lip game in Carolina. The man was a legend. I just feel Bron on those Bulls would've done better than Jordan on any of LeBron's teams. But it's a fantasy discussion that'll never have a right or wrong answer. I just used it to highlight how my hate for him doesn't stop me from admiring his greatness at the game. "Damn this motherfucker's good at basketball," I pretty much half of my comments during the game. PEACE.

TTG

Hey man, any chance Steph and Klay can find their way to Miami in the off season, learn to pump fake from the undisputed master? I figure that's the only way Curry is getting to the free throw line, worked well in OT anyway.

Who was he competing against? Jordan Clarkson?

If Jabari or Joel Embiid, was healthy or even if Mirotic started all season either would have had a better chance.

Point is, he isn't a scrub. Dude could be major for Cleveland for years to come and you trade it away for a guy you could get this summer in FA. It's a stupid, short sighted move.

What's the point of making the Finals this year if it's an L? Develop Wiggins, you can still get the ex Knicks (as someone else said) AND retain the top pick of last year's draft.

I'm 37. I remember Jordan from his busted lip game in Carolina. The man was a legend. I just feel Bron on those Bulls would've done better than Jordan on any of LeBron's teams. But it's a fantasy discussion that'll never have a right or wrong answer. I just used it to highlight how my hate for him doesn't stop me from admiring his greatness at the game. "Damn this motherfucker's good at basketball," I pretty much half of my comments during the game. PEACE.

Ah OK, GAF skews so young I always feel like these guys really missed something. LBJ is great but if you watched the NBA throughout the 90's you know that you saw a once in a lifetime series of events.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Here are my grades for the game (relative to what they are capable of):

Mozgov: A
Thompson: A
LeBron: A
Irving: A (for someone playing not quite at 100%)
JR: D
Shump; C
Delli: C (he is what he is)

Bogut: C
Green: D
Curry: B (he needs to be more selfish)
Thompson: C
Barnes: B+
Iggy: A
others: didn't really factor

So how is Cleveland going to win once GS starts firing on all cylinders? Major props to Mozgov and Thompson...they were beasting.

zychi

Banned
You've got to be lying that you're 37. No damn way.

Furyous

Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.

If Ky is out for the series or misses a game then this might be a sweep, We're underdogs with Ky at 90 percent now he's injured. No way in shit does GSW start the next game 4 for 15 either. WE IN TROUBLE but at least we're unlike other teams watching us put up a good job good effort.

Wish we had Kevin Love in this series but oh well. Blatt has to make adjustments. Griffin has to hire Thibs in the offseason as well.

Matter of fact, is it too early to start the "Bron needs more help campaign"? Role players gotta step up and play the shit out of dem roles,

dream

Point is, he isn't a scrub. Dude could be major for Cleveland for years to come and you trade it away for a guy you could get this summer in FA. It's a stupid, short sighted move.

While I agree with your point, I feel that calling All Star Kevin Love a "guy" is an insult to guys.

I'm genuinely concerned for anyone who would think these things over some posts about basketball. I seriously hope this is some kind of troll attempt or joke because that's shocking.

Tbh, this is the reason why I only come in when the game is on. I've seen what happened to NBA GAF last time.

------
And no, the Spurs are so boring to watch imo. They aren't exciting or make me jump out of my seat. They play pretty basketball, but they have no high flyers, they have no court mistro. They are traditional basketball in a nutshell and while the execution, the teamwork and the ball movement is all great, to sit and watch just doesn't do anything for me. The Spurs only get fun to watch when their backs are against the wall. That's it, tbh. They have no star which also makes it hard to really root for them. I hate Tony Parker, have massive respect for Duncan, I respect Manu, Leonard, etc... But just zzzzzzzzz

Pimpwerx

You've got to be lying that you're 37. No damn way.
My first tv was black and white. My first Superman was the alcoholic that killed himself. My first NBA memories are from the '84 playoffs. My first console experience was on my neighbor's 2600 in '86. My first computer was a Sinclair with a tape drive. I'm old bruv. PEACE.

I'm genuinely concerned for anyone who would think these things over some posts about basketball. I seriously hope this is some kind of troll attempt or joke because that's shocking.
Sorry -- not trying to troll you. I was just concerned about your level of vitriol and thought that anyone so worked up about a simple game of basketball must be under tremendous stress. I just had a second child a few weeks ago so I can definitely chat with you about stress and how to handle it if you need to. But it sounds like you're all good, so I'll leave you to having fun poking the LeBron fans in this thread ;) Later, man.

My first tv was black and white. My first Superman was the alcoholic that killed himself. My first NBA memories are from the '84 playoffs. My first console experience was on my neighbor's 2600 in '86. My first computer was a Sinclair with a tape drive. I'm old bruv. PEACE.

Damn, mang.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Spinluck

Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.
Both teams played hard.

If Ky is out for the series or misses a game then this might be a sweep, We're underdogs with Ky at 90 percent now he's injured. No way in shit does GSW start the next game 4 for 15 either. WE IN TROUBLE but at least we're unlike other teams watching us put up a good job good effort.

Wish we had Kevin Love in this series but oh well. Blatt has to make adjustments. Griffin has to hire Thibs in the offseason as well.

Matter of fact, is it too early to start the "Bron needs more help campaign"? Role players gotta step up and play the shit out of dem roles,

Lmao, I wish your team the best Furyous, I really do lol.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Shump; C

Mo Buckets was an important contribution!

Spinluck

Shump; C

So how is Cleveland going to win once GS starts firing on all cylinders? Major props to Mozgov and Thompson...they were beasting.

Sometimes I don't think Curry knows his true potential. He's like Gohan right before the final act of the Cell Saga. This muthafucka is just gonna go off in one of these games and the Cavs will have no answers.

Lebron will do all he can to weigh out the damage but it won't be enough. I think he got that help from Mosgov, and Kyrie tonight but that shot at the end of regulation just did them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom