• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

charsace

If Love and Kyrie were healthy, nobody would have thought of wiggins.

Now people are suggesting a rookie to be the difference maker?

Wiggins this season has shown some tools and flashes of possibly being a superstar. Wiggins could have played a similar role to what Love did this season.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, he switched it up for whatever reason. 37 going into OT, didn't take a shot that mattered and they didn't score until the game was over. Nothing changed, it was still Iggy out there. If I didn't know any better I would say he looked at his stat sheet and wanted no part of putting up 40 shots in a game. Obviously deflating seeing Kyrie go out, maybe that change knocked him off his game.

OT Lebron was classic defer mode Lebron

TTG

If Love and Kyrie were healthy, nobody would have thought of the wiggins trade.

The trade was and still is a good idea

To be fair, people were saying that long before the Boston series.

The only way the Love trade is bad is if he walks this Summer, otherwise all this series shows is how important Love is to that teams offense. Wiggins was a negative impact player on both sides of the ball, he wouldn't be the difference in this series.

The problem with the wiggins trade has always been Love's contract status, nothing else.

Jonm1010

Banned

I think long term lots of people were thinking it might not have been so smart to trade for Love.

It reminded me of my Pelicans chasing the win now by trading two lottery picks for Jrue Holliday. It really just didn't make sense and still doesnt from a long term perspective.

Good idea for us as Raptors fans. Wiggins going to the Wolves is a blessing. He will come home after not wanting to be part of mediocrity in Minnesota any longer.

1297705319248_ORIGINAL.jpg

neptunes

Good idea for us as Raptors fans. Wiggins going to the Wolves is a blessing. He will come home after not wanting to be part of mediocrity in Minnesota any longer.

]http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297705319248_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x

Why the fuck would A.Wiggins come to Toronto when the FO has a history of being shit?

He'd be a Laker before a Raptor.

Why the fuck would A.Wiggins come to Toronto when the FO has a history of being shit?

He'd be a Laker before a Raptor.
Same reason Lebron went home, Cavs FO has been mediocre despite having generational talent for past decade when they had him. Raptors new management is competent. His family and friends that came to see him play in Toronto took 1/3 of the arena.check out Open Gym Wiggins is coming North.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Different team, different contexts.

That's not how causality works.

The cavs were better with love on the bench all year. And they still made to the finals without him, so wiggins would have done nothing but help imo. No one can know for sure but it doesn't seem like a stretch.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

He wasn't a rookie or even just a good rookie, but he was rookie of the year.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Curry and Thompson are proving that set shot > jump shot.

They don't get tired from jumping all the time and it's so damn quick. Other great set shooters.....

bird
Dirk

TTG

I expect Green to come back really well. He just had a bad night.

That kind of size and athleticism disadvantage is not going to evaporate. I like Green a lot, but he's going to have to face guard Thompson when the shot goes up and hope someone else grabs the board. He can't even make him work on the other end because Draymond has no offensive game if he can't outrun the other big down the floor.

That kind of size and athleticism disadvantage is not going to evaporate. I like Green a lot, but he's going to have to face guard Thompson when the shot goes up and hope someone else grabs the board. He can't even make him work on the other end because Draymond has no offensive game if he can't outrun the other big down the floor.

Trust me man, Green has lots of different dimensions to his game and has faced all kinds of bigs already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom