• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

otapnam

The problem for Cleveland is, I doubt the Warriors will play as shitty as they did to start the 1st quarter again in this series and miss as many bunnies as they did. This was, IMO, Cleveland's best chance to steal one.

Hoping that's the case. Draymond was way too loosely goosey with his handles

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
There are never asterisks when people talk about past championships, they only remember the W's & L's. Also, the reason Warriors are not as hurt as many of the teams is because of more balanced minutes throughout the year. Giving players rest helps prevents injuries....except for those freak ones. This healthy team is just a reflection of great coaching.

Kerr actually had his players wear heart-rate monitors and other tech during practice throughout the season. It helped him decide on when players are likely fatigued and when to give them more rest to help avoid injuries since they're more likely to occur at those points.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer...devices-to-monitor-players-while-on-the-court

Kerr didn't draw names from a hat or use a coach's intuition in deciding his key players needed a break. He used information gathered from wearable technology, the next frontier in the NBA's rapidly accelerating analytics movement.

On the heels of a six-game, nine-day road trip, players were reporting that they were starting to feel worn down. Golden State's director of athletic performance, Keke Lyles, has players fill out a questionnaire every morning to measure soreness, fatigue, sleep quality and other factors that are so important to recovery and injury prevention.

In addition to the red flags on the players' questionnaires, the data Lyles had been collecting all season – using the NBA's SportVu cameras in games and wearable technology from Catapult Sports in practice – confirmed his fears.

“We felt like all those guys were reaching their limits,” Lyles said.

With player movement captured at 25 frames per second during games with SportVu cameras, teams can monitor players' movement intensity and acceleration – and spot drop-offs that might indicate fatigue and overuse. Layering that in-game data with metrics from a biomechanical movement device that the players wear in practice, Lyles reported to Kerr that it was time to take action.

“A lot of non-contact injuries are fatigue-related,” Lyles said. “If we see big drops consistently over the last few games, and we know in practice they've dropped and they're telling us they're tired and sore and beat up, then we start painting a big picture: ‘Yeah, these guys are probably fatigued.' When they're fatigued, they're at a higher risk.
”

bionic77

Those 2004-05 through 2006-07 rosters Kobe was on were brutal. I wasn't shocked dude was having all those 50 point games. Forget Smush and Kwamers...the entire teams were garbage.
Those teams were hot garbage. But Kobe was so great during that time period you could watch him lose with those guys because of how dominant he was at that time. Curry has some of that excitement about him too. Though right now he is on a great team.

if you go back to 2000, he's still a below average clutch shooter.

people just tend to remember the ones he made and forget the ones he missed, for whatever reason.
Kobe also takes a lot of impossible shots in horrible situations. That is going to reduce your FG%.

Stats never tell the whole story. How many end of the half shots or shots with the shot clock winding down in a bad spot did he take to try and bail out his team? Those are always low percentage shots and he could have greatly increased his FG% without losing much in scoring, if anything, if that was what he really cared about. But again as I said it was a different era as well. Back then the stars were expected to take those shots, even when there was some scrub in the corner who was wide open. Now a lot of teams would rather the guy take the wide open 3. You can't hold it against Kobe and others for playing in a different generation.

Those teams were hot garbage. But Kobe was so great during that time period you could watch him lose with those guys because of how dominant he was at that time. Curry has some of that excitement about him too. Though right now he is on a great team.

Kobe also takes a lot of impossible shots in horrible situations. That is going to reduce your FG%.

Stats never tell the whole story. How many end of the half shots or shots with the shot clock winding down in a bad spot did he take to try and bail out his team? Those are always low percentage shots and he could have greatly increased his FG% without losing much in scoring, if anything, if that was what he really cared about. But again as I said it was a different era as well. Back then the stars were expected to take those shots, even when there was some scrub in the corner who was wide open. Now a lot of teams would rather the guy take the wide open 3. You can't hold it against Kobe and others for playing in a different generation.

Dude, read the breakdown i linked to. Sample sizes are accounted for, as well as what point in the fourth/ot those shots were taken.

I can't imagine kobe taking a bunch of NBA JAM half court shots in the final minute of a game, right? and if he is, why the hell is he taking an exceptionally poor shot when the game is on the line? that's poor decision making and he should still be held accountable for these weird hypotheticals you keep making up.

what is it about NBA fans that they seem to do these gut-check analyses and reject stats so often?

effzee

Any word on Kyrie yet?

Agreedo in the efficiency of Lebron's overall game yesterday but with T. Thompson and Mosgod gobbling up all the rebounds it didn't hurt too much.

His lack of assists and any flow to the offense outside of iso ball really hurt. Whenever he rested the rest of the guys looked super confused about what to do.

I know Love made them a worse defensive team but man if there was ever a time they needed him to space out the floor this is it.

I'm expecting a blowout win for Warriors on Sun.

Also what do I watch live and what do I record between GoT and finals?

bionic77

Dude, read the breakdown i linked to. Sample sizes are accounted for, as well as what point in the fourth/ot those shots were taken.

I can't imagine kobe taking a bunch of NBA JAM half court shots in the final minute of a game, right? and if he is, why the hell is he taking an exceptionally poor shot when the game is on the line? that's poor decision making and he should still be held accountable for these weird hypotheticals you keep making up.

what is it about NBA fans that they seem to do these gut-check analyses and reject stats so often?
Its strange what kind of "hypotheticals" you can come up with when you actually watch the games instead of reading stats and using them to support whatever argument or agenda you have.

Its strange what kind of "hypotheticals" you can come up with when you actually watch the games instead of reading stats and using them to support whatever argument or agenda you have.

so you've got nothing in regards to numbers to back your views up, just I WATCH DA GAMES?

brah, you gotta be trollin'

bionic77

so you've got nothing in regards to numbers to back your views up, just I WATCH DA GAMES?

brah, you gotta be trollin'

Says the guy that tries to bring down Kobe in a thread about the NBA finals.

you know, bionic, "aint all that" doesn't mean he's garbage. He just aint the clutch gawd some make him out to be. He's merely clutch competent at times.

if you want to discuss who's the better player in the finals, I personally can't forgive the shitshow that was Lebron vs the Mavs. Dude up and disappeared, it was fucking embarrassing. He was scared of going to the post against JJ Barea.

but bro, give me numbers to support your POV or else your gut checks are laughable.

thekad

Banned
Kobe is awful in the clutch. A shameless chucker. Lebron, on the other hand, is the clutchest player of his generation. The case has already been closed.

James Harden just put together a season better than any of Kobe's. If only he could be carried to a championship by Shaq and Pau like Kobe was.

If only....

Hahahaha.

Same ole thekad...<3

Thanks for the #27 pick and Tarik Black. I'll watch the 'Clutch City' documentary in your honor.

Congrats to Dwight on being a self proclaimed Champion, by the way.

thekad

Banned
Thanks for taking Jeremy Lin so we could rebuild our bench and reach the WCF while the Lakers flailed into a season from hell that will end up landing them the second coming of Al Jefferson. But yeah Tarik Black...LOL

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

It's more like, the mis-use of stats in NBA GAF threads is horrendous. If I see one more person pointing out some +/- stats, I will puke in my own face.

Anyway, say what you want about Kobe, but he'd never lose in the finals FOUR TIMES.

Thanks for taking Jeremy Lin so we could rebuild our bench and reach the WCF while the Lakers flailed into a season from hell that will end up landing them the second coming of Al Jefferson. But yeah Tarik Black...LOL

Yeah. Trading us Lin (and the pick which we cared about most) was fine for a tank season. We got the second overall pick out of it. Glad that you guys used that cleared space to sign Chris Bosh and beast the West. LOL @ "reaching the Western Conference Finals". You guys hang banners for that in Houston?

The needed to steal the first one for sure. Now this has a bad accident feel.

Yeah. I called Warriors in 5 figuring Irving would break, but the Cavs would steal one before that happened. But then the Cavs couldn't close the deal AND they lost Irving in game one.

Shit is not looking good for Cleveland.

But then again: That's Cleveland.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Cleveland press asking the tough hard-hitting questions:

sDP2Sbp.png

PreFire

Lol why are people talking about Kobe?

Great game 1. The old "give the ball to my best player and iso" isn't going to work against a team like the Warriors.

It's funny how they (warriors) rank tops in defensive efficiency, point differential, fewest inside points by opponents, etc and people still think they aren't a defensive team. They only shoot 3s meanwhile they ranked tops in inside points and percentage-wise.

Just because you watched a few games or because LeBron can't be stopped, doesn't mean they can't play D.

Warriors going in for the sweep. Fuck the Cavs and their hero ball style of play

SharkJAW

Went to a bar with my buddies last night to watch the game and the whole time I was thinking, "Right now, Cleveland is playing just about the best they can play right now and it's still a close game." Mind, this is with some stupid Sean Livingston plays and bad possessions for the Warriors.Warriors are gonna whoop that ass.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Lol why are people talking about Kobe?

Great game 1. The old "give the ball to my best player and iso" isn't going to work against a team like the Warriors.

It's funny how they (warriors) rank tops in defensive efficiency, point differential, fewest inside points by opponents, etc and people still think they aren't a defensive team. They only shoot 3s meanwhile they ranked tops in inside points and percentage-wise.

Just because you watched a few games or because LeBron can't be stopped, doesn't mean they can't play D.

Warriors going in for the sweep. Fuck the Cavs and their hero ball style of play

Everyone seems to be forgetting the fact that the Cavs were THISCLOSE to winning.

Fjordson

I think the Warriors should just stay the course on defense with Lebron. He made some tough shots and the refs were letting him do whatever in the post and he still shot under 50%. Not that he didn't have a great game, but this is a guy who's put up historic numbers as far as efficiency goes so under 50% ain't bad. And you could see how out of rhythm some of the other guys got after going long stretches without shots. Shumpert and JR looked shocked at times when they touched it on offense.

Just have to hope Klay can get to at least 40% shooting.

What's the update on Irving? Is he going to be able to play Game 2, banged up knee and all?

Because if he's done for the series, than goodbye CLE.

He was one of the big reasons they remained so close whose name isn't LBJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom