• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
good game, enjoyed it though the finish was disappointing.

we've won with Kyrie on the sidelines. we'll do it again.

and yea you haters manage to outdo yourselves daily. holy shit. I'll leave you guys to yourselves. Some of you just drain the life and fun out of the game.

LeBron needs more help

can be unironically stated for the first time in a long time. Just need JR and Shump to keep showing up and keep giving 100%, but having an injured Irving and no Love hurt. Having a healthy Love could have offset missing Irving. Anyway, shots will fall for them, though I'm sure JR wishes he could have had about 10 of those missed shots back. Keep shootin em.

You seem fixated on LBJs stat line more so than what the Warriors are doing.

What the Warriors are doing is not being disputed. While the same peanut gallery is rushing to LeChoke Shames defense yet again trying to revise history.

and yea you haters manage to outdo yourselves daily. holy shit. I'll leave you guys to yourselves. Some of you just drain the life and fun out of the game.

Actually, what was all that about not giving up open threes to the Warriors my man?

What the Warriors are doing is not being disputed. While the same peanut gallery is rushing to LeChoke Shames defense yet again trying to revise history.

Actually, what was all that about not giving up open threes to the Warriors my man?

What historical revision is occurring here?

When its said and done, Lebron WILL be a HOF player. Trying to minimize any of that legacy by harping on him day to day is petty.

Look guys, you all just need to accept the fact that it was all probably JR Smith's fault

He's Blatt's problem now.

When Leborn's career is over, we will all say oh what might have been. he is the Jim Kelly of the NBA.

Honestly Wade should carry him on his shoulders to the induction ceremony for the HOF.

Ive never seen the world go crazy over someone who is not even a top 10 all time.

Spinluck

I don't remember Lebron being this shit at 3's (maybe before Miami).

I know he isn't a shooter, but I'm pretty sure his numbers in Miami weren't this bad from beyond the arch.

I think some of GS was already going back on defense after some of his 3pt attempts.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
ggBBlAs.gif
ggBBlAs.gif
ggBBlAs.gif
ggBBlAs.gif

What histocial revision is occurring here?

When its said and done, Lebron WILL be a HOF player. Trying to minimize any of that legacy by harping on him day to day is petty.

Pretty obvious what's occurring regarding the end of the game. He choked when it was up to him to finish and was a disaster in OT.

I don't remember Lebron being this shit at 3's (maybe before Miami).

I know he isn't a shooter, but I'm pretty sure his numbers in Miami weren't this bad from beyond the arch.

I think some of GS was already going back on defense after some of his 3pt attempts.

His drop off from last year is kinda amazing.

18% from 3 in the playoffs this year vs 40% from 3 last year.

ISOM

the cavs as a team scored 2 points in OT. You can put that on Lebron but what the fuck, you can't score 2 points in OT. you might as well have gone to the locker room when regulation ended.

he left miami because aging dwade was breaking down and couldn't play effective D anymore.

To play next to the younger Kyrie, who is broken down and can't play effective D anymore.

Kyrie played pretty decent D on Curry last night. He just can't play effectively at all anymore.

wmlk

But Stephen A Smith picked the Cavs to win game 2 despite all of this.

I think you need rethink the use of "locked down", he had 26 points on 50% shooting.

Kyrie didn't play Steph the whole game. When he was on him, he was locked down.

Same with Iggy on LeBron.

Matchup stats show Curry was 1-5 against Irving. Anybody who watched the game will also tell you Steph didn't play well against Kyrie.

Can't be bothered to get the link on mobile.

How many minutes? Seems like a pretty small sample size if he only took 5 shots. Was this during the beginning of the game when the whole team was 4-19? Context bro context.

Fjordson

Hoping for Kyrie to play D like that against Curry is just temping fate, though. Doubt that would have continued for much longer in the series.

effzee

Bam Bam is a special case.

Everything Lebron does is wrong. He probably won't be happy until he dies and even then claim he choked.

His entire existence is about finding new ways of spinning any and all as a negative against Lebron. You'd think he was talking about someone who has never accomplished anything in the NBA.

Man no wonder the NBA gaf community was nuked.

All the conversation revolves around how Lebron isn't this or that and every time his team losses he wasn't Jordan.

Every possession, game, series, is an indictment on his character, legacy, and overall greatness. I don't think I've ever seen so many vultures just ready to pick someone part.

It's not choking when you carry the team the whole game but miss the game winning shot. Did Curry choke when he let Kyrie catch up to him and block his go ahead layup?

Sometimes a bad shot is a bad shot. A missed opportunity is just that. If he didn't take the last shot and a teammate missed he would be called out for deferring. If a teammate made a game winner than he would be called out for being carried by a teammate (see Ray Allen shot 2 finals ago).

Lebron literally can't win no matter he does. Hell making it to the finals is held against him. Losing in the finals is going to hurt his legacy more than if he has not made it.

Six shots. That's a good sample size considering how well he played against everyone else. Finishing on 50% shooting.

Doesn't really go into the context of when and how it all happened. All I know is he got that late block on Curry. What if 3 of the 6 shots were in the 1st quarter when everyone was missing? Needs more detailed info.

Bam Bam is a special case.

Everything Lebron does is wrong. He probably won't be happy until he dies and even then claim he choked.

His entire existence is about finding new ways of spinning any and all as a negative against Lebron. You'd think he was talking about someone who has never accomplished anything in the NBA.

Man no wonder the NBA gaf community was nuked.

All the conversation revolves around how Lebron isn't this or that and every time his team losses he wasn't Jordan.

Every possession, game, series, is an indictment on his character, legacy, and overall greatness. I don't think I've ever seen so many vultures just ready to pick someone part.

It's not choking when you carry the team the whole game but miss the game winning shot. Did Curry choke when he let Kyrie catch up to him and block his go ahead layup?

Sometimes a bad shot is a bad shot. A missed opportunity is just that. If he didn't take the last shot and a teammate missed he would be called out for deferring. If a teammate made a game winner than he would be called out for being carried by a teammate (see Ray Allen shot 2 finals ago).

Lebron literally can't win no matter he does. Hell making it to the finals is held against him. Losing in the finals is going to hurt his legacy more than if he has not made it.

The NBA GAF community was nuked, in my understanding, because people got personal (something I have never done), not because a bunch of people talk shit on Lebron.

If LeBron James walked by Bam Bam on the street or in a restaurant, I'm pretty sure Bam Bam would try to hit him in the head with a shovel :p

paolo11

It was a close Game 1 and Lebron gave his all to bring the Cavs almost to victory. In the end, Warriors are too strong. I truly believe Warriors will win the finals.

Steph Curry is like a mix between Pete Maravich and Reggie Miller. Amazing ball handling skills and sure shot 3 point skills.

Of course, my opinion.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Missing on a last second shot isn't a choke. It's missing a shot, something which the "most clutch" player ever did 1/2 the time in game-winning scenarios.

LeBron played a great game.

What's the opposite of clutch? Choke.

But LeBron shed that choker label, he's had way too many big games over the years. And as bad at the last minutes and OT were for the Cavs, it was at least a road game for them.

And further on the choker label, just missing shots isn't necessarily choking. Forcing up bad shots, getting forced into bad turnovers, not being able to find open teammates/shots despite everyone in the world being able to see it -that's choking. Playing differently, timidly in the same situation is choking, it's not playing the same way and missing shots.

Ape

Banned
So scoring 44 points is a choke? foh

44 points? It's when he has the game winning shot and all of a sudden bron decides to
that's why he choked. shit got tight last night and instead of draining the game winner he lost the game. then he dunks the ball at the end to fluff his stats like he's tight. hope that works out for you lebron.

Swear to God, it's I'm the only one who watched the game on here.

25 shots for 42 points against the Warriors in the regular season.
38 shots for 44 points against the Warriors in game 1.

That's a very good stat for comparison's sake. Lebron got his, but man did it take him more than normal. Felt forced?

Mind you, none of this matters in the grand scheme of things. Game was close, they lost a key guy in OT, they faltered. Shit happens.

How are people just ignoring the 0-9 3 turnover in OT stat? I mean, come on that's literally five whole minutes of clutch time and he completely fell apart.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
That's a very good stat for comparison's sake. Lebron got his, but man did it take him more than normal. Felt forced?

Mind you, none of this matters in the grand scheme of things. Game was close, they lost a key guy in OT, they faltered. Shit happens.

If he has to put up a similar effort in Game 2 in terms of workload, I can see stamina being even more of an issue later in the series.

ohNOitsRO

Wow a lot of people don't understand what choking is....

I don't care if dude drops 65, if he MISSES WHEN IT COUNTS TO TIE/WIN, or you go 1-10 IN OVERTIME WHEN YOUR CLUTCHNESS SHOULD BE LEAKING OUT THE EARS, then that is the epitome of choking in sports my friends..

He was good enough to drop 44 but not good enough to close the game? And some of you are like "well it's ok! 44 points > a win"

It's not like he scored 44 and then became passive and didn't take shots... It's that he scored 44, and when it came down to clutch time he couldn't score again

That's choking

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I don't know if I'll call it a choke or not, but I wish he would just not shoot those threes anymore. The range is gone. You an post up on them all game long. Every possession. Every time. Every single time. From the top of the key he can back down anyone on the Warriors. Just stop settling for jumpers!

If he has to put up a similar effort in Game 2 in terms of workload, I can see stamina being even more of an issue later in the series.

Yeah, that's my thought too. If LeBron has to drop 45 for it to even be close...

He had an awesome game and Kyrie did too, but man, JR Smith's fuckball tactics can really bite you sometimes.

I don't care if dude drops 65, if he MISSES WHEN IT COUNTS TO TIE/WIN, or you go 1-10 IN OVERTIME WHEN YOUR CLUTCHNESS SHOULD BE LEAKING OUT THE EARS, then that is the epitome of choking in sports my friends..

He was good enough to drop 44 but not good enough to close the game? And some of you are like "well it's ok! 44 points > a win"

It's not like he scored 44 and then became passive and didn't take shots... It's that he scored 44, and when it came down to clutch time he couldn't score again

That's choking

He missed a shot. Even the very best shooters in the league do that half the time. Choke is what Lebron did in 2011. Last night was not choking.

Spinluck

44 points? It's when he has the game winning shot and all of a sudden bron decides to

that's why he choked. shit got tight last night and instead of draining the game winner he lost the game. then he dunks the ball at the end to fluff his stats like he's tight. hope that works out for you lebron.

Swear to God, it's I'm the only one who watched the game on here.

With your logic, every single missed game ending shot is a choke.

Servbot24

Banned

That's choking

Each of those 44 points are what put them within shooting range at all.

ohNOitsRO

He missed a shot. Even the very best shooters in the league do that half the time. Choke is what Lebron did in 2011. Last night was not choking.

You pull off a monster game only to not contribute in the final minutes? That's choking...

It's more understandable if the dude went 3-21 in the whole game and had an off night, but to have a monster game 40/5/5 and then scrub it back up in the final minutes? Vintage choking lebron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom