• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViciousDS

Banned
mb8XyMd.gif

wat

I was dying of laughter so hard when that happened. I thought a bug got in his eye hahaha

Lebron is a very muscular dude and he runs hard up and down the court So he's going to tired out faster than smaller guards.
And I'm sure being in the post doesn't help.

I think the coach has to come up with a better plan just than isolation for Lebron.
The center was doing damage so maybe utilize him more? Shumpert needs to step up more with scoring. I would like to use Lebron running things from the post more but I wonder if can't do that all game do to fatigue.

I thought the Warriors didn't play well yesterday, so they are going to most likely play much better.

J2 Cool

When asked about the Warriors' defensive strategy of letting him score to prevent him from becoming a passer, LeBron said: "You don't 'let' me have 40. I go get 40. It's not like they're getting out of the way."

On espn's front page haha.

Even as a fan of the Lakers, I don't think I have ever seen a moment more deserving of the term SWAG than Iverson breaking Tyronn Lue's ankles, hitting the jumper and then stepping over him.

That shit was...WOW!

Was an amazing moment. Iverson's career best moment.

One way to measure overall scoring efficiency is to use true shooting percentage, which is like field goal percentage but takes into account field goals, 3-pointers and free throws to give an overall measure of how efficiently a player got his points. LeBron's true shooting percentage for Game 1 was 51.9 percent, which is:

The lowest by any player in a 40-point game this season (there have been 57 40-point games in the regular season and playoffs). The average true shooting percentage for a player who scored 40 points in a game this season is 70 percent.

The second-lowest by LeBron in any of his 68 career 40-point games. His average true shooting percentage across his 40-point games is 69 percent, so this was well below his own average scoring efficiency in such games.

The third-lowest by any player in a 40-point playoff game over the last 30 postseasons (there have been 220 such games). The average true shooting percentage across these games is about 67 percent, and James now has two of the six lowest marks (both with the Cavs, and both in losses).

Efficiency matters.

bionic77

Lebron missed a contested shot to win.

That's not a choke.

I did think Curry getting his shit pushed in with a clear path to the basket was at best a brain fart. At worst a choke.

Trey

I don't get why Curry didn't go reverse at the end. Got too cute with it thinking Kyrie was too far back I guess.

Half of it is Kyrie making a great defensive play, and the other half is that Curry can't really dunk so he does these slow ass layups instead.

Kyrie can't really bang either, but his layups are so much quicker and tighter.

Fjordson

Half of it is Kyrie making a great defensive play, and the other half is that Curry can't really dunk so he does these slow ass layups instead.

Kyrie can't really bang either, but his layups are so much quicker and tighter.
Yeah, but he just like went up for a regular layup. Coulda done something like this http://www.nba.com/video/games/warriors/2015/03/14/0021400981-nyk-gsw-play8.nba/ would have actually been easier than the shot in that clip

edit: holy fuck @ Kyrie's injury. Sad.

RoKKeR

Wow, that really sucks. Too bad because the game was so good yesterday.

Looks like we are only getting 3 or 4 more games now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom