• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnAnole

Was he broken down in 2011?

"The only loss finals loss you can blame on LeBron was the Dallas series."

It's amazing how blind most people are. That Iguodala 3 that he made while missing a shoe was possibly a two pointer, but nobody said anything. And then there are the fouls they show on slow motion replay that are completely obvious that people on here can't see for some reason.

Are you kidding me? How about Lebron using his off arm like it's going out of his style and not getting called ONCE?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Always hate this argument. The GOAT, couldn't do shit without Pippen. Basketball is a team sport, it's never just one person.

Basketball is the ONLY sport where one person can win a championship by himself. Just look at DWade!

I think it's definitely fair to hold losing 4 times in the finals against someone. It goes directly to a player's desire to win and drive to succeed in the most important moments.

LOL. The Finals loss last year was 100% predicated on LeBron getting completely shutdown by Kawhi (to the point that, down 16 with 6 minutes left, LeBron quit the game).

He checked out the game...a CLOSE OUT Game 5...and sat down. Kawhi won the FMVP.

So yeah, I'm putting that one on Bron Brizzle too.

AnAnole

Basketball is the ONLY sport where one person can win a championship by himself. Just look at DWade!

I think it's definitely fair to hold losing 4 times in the finals against someone. It goes directly to a player's desire to win and drive to succeed in the most important moments.

Says a fan of a team that went into pretty much all finals series with the superior overall talent.

Then you don't know anything about basketball.

LOL.

You should REALLY go watch those last 3 games in the 2014 NBA Finals. A person with no understanding of basketball whatsoever could watch those games and see that Kawhi shut LeBron down.

An alien from another planet could see it.

Cavs were getting swept kyrie or no injury. Dont give that snake oil salesman Lebron an out.

We don't have to, the media will. They always do.

How are my arguments ridiculous?
Lebron isn't even in Kobe's ballpark much less Michael's.

Without wade, I don think he has 1 ring. I actually appreciate wade much more now that I know he carried Lebron to a ring.

Im not trying to argue its just my observations.

While he is a good player, he is not a king by any stretch of the imagination.

Respect +1 for returning to his home, but I wont ever foget how and why he left.

Basically if the corrupt refs hadn't given the Cavs a bullshit technical free throw to tie the game at 80, the Cavs would have lost by 1 in regulation, and Kyrie would be playing in Game 2.

Stern/Silver antics finally coming back to bite them in the ass.

Hey Cleveland, your so called King's rings have HEAT logos on them!

Enjoy our sloppy seconds. His prime stays in the trophy case! 30 pts on 30 shots. You sent us a basketball god, we sent you Kobe!

AnAnole

Basically if the corrupt refs hadn't given the Cavs a bullshit technical free throw to tie the game at 80, the Cavs would have lost by 1 in regulation, and Kyrie would be playing in Game 2.

Stern/Silver antics finally coming back to bite them in the ass.

Yeah, cause nobody on the Warriors was parked in the lane when they called that.

Hey Cleveland, your so called King's rings have HEAT logos on them!

Enjoy our sloppy seconds. His prime stays in the trophy case! 30 pts on 30 shots. You sent us a basketball god, we sent you Kobe!

Hey, even shitty Kobe has a winning record in the Finals, despite being dragged to 3 championships by Devean George and 2 more by Sasha Vujacicc.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
LwFlK2e.png

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Once Jordan got help, you never heard the media calling for him to get more help when he lost...oh wait.

He didn't:

Change teams to get it...

Change back to get it...

Most teams aren't that lucky. Most players need to dictate what happens to them, or settle for a career of putting up great numbers, but never winning it all.

Look at the number of different teams that have won it over the past 30 years. 8 organizations, it's a joke how few teams manage to win it all.

Into

"ICE it down del" = Lounge yourself at Curry's ankles and injury him in a "oops" play to have a chance to win.

Its coming

So does NBA GAF just suck or what? I guess people just don't watch a lot of basketball so they're a lot of super casual stuff...and people are arguing about the dumbest shit like come on people.

The Cavs were always going to lose this series. This is the most heavily favored series in like 10 years why are we acting like anyone could win this?

Most teams aren't that lucky. Most players need to dictate what happens to them, or settle for a career of putting up great numbers, but never winning it all.

Look at the number of different teams that have won it over the past 30 years. 8 organizations, it's a joke how few teams manage to win it all.

Some guys are just more loyal than others.

Reggie Miller is a great that stayed a Pacer and tried chipping there and letting the talent come to him and build around him.

Tim Duncan too.

Indiana and San Antonio are tiny markets like Cleveland.

FO has to hire the right personnel.

So does NBA GAF just suck or what? I guess people just don't watch a lot of basketball so they're a lot of super casual stuff...and people are arguing about the dumbest shit like come on people.

The Cavs were always going to lose this series. This is the most heavily favored series in like 10 years why are we acting like anyone could win this?

Even though i had warriors winning i did not expect warriors to play as shit as they did last night. It looked like cavs had a chance but who knows how the rest of the games will play out.

AnAnole

Can someone remind me what the 1993-1994 Chicago Bulls record was? How close were they to beating a team that went to the finals and took the eventual champions to 7 games? What's the record of LeBron's teams directly before and after he was on them?

Ape

Banned
Ah, now that Kyrie is out I'm feeling kinda bad. That shit sucks.

golden state just needs to put this poor team out of their misery. and fast.

the west will just have better teams next year too, OKC will win 65 games, Houston will get healthy, Golden State will have Championship experience. Shit, maybe even the Clippers will learn from what happened to them.

The Cavs should have one more year to get this shit together, right? Kyrie wants out after next year, Love wants to play with Westbrook in LA. Pretty sure that leaves one player.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Sucks about Kyrie :/

One thing about the Bulls and pippen. I don't know how old you guys are but I remember that before the Bulls won the first time they were considered by many a one man team.

Winning makes everyone better in the history books. If the Bulls never beat Detroit, the Bulls are a one man team with no to help Jordan. If the Cavs beat the Spurs that, Mo Williams and Big Z would be propelled to greatness.

PS I think what Lebron did with this team is one of the great all time feats, and I hate that mofo.

Ah, now that Kyrie is out I'm feeling kinda bad. That shit sucks.

golden state just needs to put this poor team out of their misery. and fast.

the west will just have better teams next year too, OKC will win 65 games, Houston will get healthy, Golden State will have Championship experience. Shit, maybe even the Clippers will learn from what happened to them.

The Cavs should have one more year to get this shit together, right? Kyrie wants out after next year, Love wants to play with Westbrook in LA. Pretty sure that leaves one player.

what makes you think kyrie wants out? what makes you think Russ wants to be in LA?

AnAnole

One thing about the Bulls and pippen. I don't know how old you guys are but I remember that before the Bulls won the first time they were considered by many a one man team.

Winning makes everyone better in the history books. If the Bulls never beat Detroit, the Bulls are a one man team with no to help Jordan. If the Cavs beat the Spurs that, Mo Williams and Big Z would be propelled to greatness.

Objectively, in a vacuum, Big Z and Mo Williams were never very good. Would anyone ever dream of the Cavs winning 55 games without LeBron those years?

outsida

PS I think what Lebron did with this team is one of the great all time feats, and I hate that mofo.

^^^^^

Ape

Banned
what makes you think kyrie wants out? what makes you think Russ wants to be in LA?

Kyrie's camp is at odds with Cleveland right now over minutes - and his recent injury will only fuel that fire. Believe that.

Russ and Love are super close, ever since their UCLA days. Both are la guys and maybe it's just because I'm indoctrinated by local talk radio (probably) but there are whispers that they want to play together again closer to home. The Lakers would make a run at them when Russ' contract runs out in 2017. Love would come to LA in 2016.

TTG

Well, at least it wasn't like the RGIII scenario I was saying it could become all the way through the Hawks series. Better luck next year, maybe keep Love and Kyrie in a hermetically sealed chamber until Lebron drags them back into the final round? Seems like a good strategy.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

NBA-GAF died over a year ago and never really recovered. The regular season threads were pretty dead since then. You're only seeing a lot more posts now because the Finals thread is in OT and not hidden away in Community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom