• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnAnole

That sucks, but it's probably better than tearing a ligament. Blake Griffin fractured his patella and came back 100% earlier in his career.

Pimpwerx

Kyrie or Wade? Who's more brittle? I feel no pity for anyone but Kyrie, because he's a good dude and doesn't deserve this. But yeah, this series is over. PEACE.

Fjordson

So the play where he went down driving on Klay was when he fractured it?? I'm pretty ignorant as far as medical stuff goes, but it didn't seem like he hit his knee on anything. I just figured it would be a bad strain or something because he planted weird or something.

Am I allowed to quote my own avatar?

Anyway Dubs in 4 and I'm honestly struggling to find a reason to watch the rest of this series now

Warriors were already winning when Kyrie went out with his injury. It was probably going to be four game series for the Warriors regardless, just now it's going to be an uncompetitive four game series.

The NBA should really look at a top 16 format. The east is awful and arguably the worst it's ever been. The top 5-6 teams in the west would comfortably win all their series against any team in the east.

Lebatard's cohosts just broke out into a goddamn YES and SI chant over LeBron losing, all while Lebatard is horrified by the injury and bitching them out for it

#SportsRadio

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So the play where he went down driving on Klay was when he fractured it?? I'm pretty ignorant as far as medical stuff goes, but it didn't seem like he hit his knee on anything. I just figured it would be a bad strain or something because he planted weird or something.

When a player goes down with a non contact injury, that is almost always a really bad sign.

Dam that sucks for cavs, you never know though cavs should not be ruled out if bron can get shooters going. Cavs will be back the next few yrs in the finals so they have chances.

Pimpwerx

Lebatard's cohosts just broke out into a goddamn YES and SI chant over LeBron losing, all while Lebatard is horrified by the injury
Yeah. I'm dying over here. LOL.

Also, how the hell do you fracture a kneecap in a non contact injury? This must've been a preexisting condition. PEACE.

Fjordson

When a player goes down with a non contact injury, that is almost always a really bad sign.
True, but don't you need like impact to get a fracture? Seems like most of these types of injuries are things getting strained or torn like an ACL. Unless his knee knocked into Klay's or the hardwood and I just missed it.

AnAnole

He definitely hit his knee against Thompson's knee

Injured Kevin Love, Varajo and now Irving , maybe Cleveland is cursed, nobody got injured in Miami while James was there

If such thing as being injury prone exists these 3 players you mentioned are definitely it. It makes the Love deal look even worse and why you should never ever let your player GM for you.

Sucks to see Irving go down though, he was the player I enjoyed the most watching in the Cavs roster. By far. Get well man.

LeBatard's cohosts just tried to blame him for celebrating the damn injury by saying the series was over

This is the GOAT sports radio show, jeeeeesus

Warriors were already winning when Kyrie went out with his injury. It was probably going to be four game series for the Warriors regardless, just now it's going to be an uncompetitive four game series.

The NBA should really look at a top 16 format. The east is awful and arguably the worst it's ever been. The top 5-6 teams in the west would comfortably win all their series against any team in the east.
This was probably going 6 with GS finally breaking Cleveland's home streak in that Game 6

and then LeBron missed that 3 and now everything is just gonna be uncompetitive unwatchable shitty garbage

BajiBoxer

Banned
Yeah. I'm dying over here. LOL.

Also, how the hell do you fracture a kneecap in a non contact injury? This must've been a preexisting condition. PEACE.
Small fracture that occurred earlier on contact then made worse by the stress of running and jumping? That'd be my guess.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Cavs have two horses in Lebron and Tristan (who I believe hasn't ever missed a game), and frail little Kyrie.

Just herd this on a radio station in Atlanta. They're still bitter about what happened with Korver and Horford that they said this is karma for Dellavadova's antics. Sore losers.

Still, that sucks. If Lebron can even squeeze 6 games out of his troop, it'll be a miracle.

True, but don't you need like impact to get a fracture? Seems like most of these types of injuries are things getting strained or torn like an ACL. Unless his knee knocked into Klay's or the hardwood and I just missed it.

My guess is that his knee ligaments were pretty loose from a previous injury and not fully recovered so when he crossed over, his knee cap probably slammed into his tibia/fibula or femur..

Just herd this on a radio station in Atlanta. They're still bitter about what happened with Korver and Horford that they said this is karma for Dellavadova's antics. Sore losers.

Still, that sucks. If Lebron can even squeeze 6 games out of his troop, it'll be a miracle.
They already would've been mildly lucky to push it to 6 without the fracture with how that game ended, now it's actually gonna take the Knicks crew going off for 50 while LeBron also goes off for 50 in two games (and even that probably won't be enough)

demolitio

Even if LeBron could have managed that shot in the last seconds of the 4th, there would have beenittle chance for them to press forward with this injury in the mix.

Sucks. Try again next year.

The fractured knee cap happened in OT so it wouldn't have happened at all. His tendonitis would still be an issue and there's a good possibility he could have done it later, but they would press forward WITH Kyrie for a little bit at least. The actual debilitating injury wouldn't have happened that way.

I was actually wanting Kyrie to take the last shot since he's the best shooter on the team and was in a rhythm.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
He had two opinions on the tendonitis (Cavs team doctor and James Andrews), so it probably wasn't a misdiagnosis.

AnAnole

There was contact.

He clippped his knee on Klay's knee (I believe it was him anyways), and his leg buckled.

You can see it better around 0:30 in:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2015/story/_/id/13016229/kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-exits-apparent-leg-injury

It's amazing how blind most people are. That Iguodala 3 that he made while missing a shoe was possibly a two pointer, but nobody said anything. And then there are the fouls they show on slow motion replay that are completely obvious that people on here can't see for some reason.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Poor Kyrie. That sucks to hear. Here's not to a speedy, but a full recovery. You done good this season.

As for the cavs...oh well. I say fuck Dan Gilbert.

So much talk has been about Lebron, let's talk about Curry and Klay chipping so early in their careers. Best shooting backcourt gets a damn good team around them and boom. That's awesome.

Lebron cant catch a break.

Or is that really the reason hes about to go what? 2-4.

GOAT right?

Just makes me realize he was a rebound away from 1-4.
Goat right?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.

GOAT right?

Always hate this argument. The GOAT, couldn't do shit without Pippen. Basketball is a team sport, it's never just one person.

AnAnole

GOAT right?

Just makes me realize he was a rebound away from 1-4.
Goat right?

It's completely ridiculous to blame LeBron for either of the series he lost in the finals as a member of the Cavs, if the Cavs do end up losing this series. Stop with this nonsense.

Mike&Mike said it the other day and i agree, There really is no bad guys here, no douchebag antics or anything, just guys trying to win a ring and outplay the other guy.

Godslay

Banned
It's amazing how blind most people are. That Iguodala 3 that he made while missing a shoe was possibly a two pointer, but nobody said anything. And then there are the fouls they show on slow motion replay that are completely obvious that people on here can't see for some reason.

Even the people getting paid to watch miss things. Can't catch it all.

ampere

Always hate this argument. The GOAT, couldn't do shit without Pippen. Basketball is a team sport, it's never just one person.

People love to boil sports down to championships won.

Sucks about Kyrie. Hope he heals up for next year.

Cavs were getting swept kyrie or no injury. Dont give that snake oil salesman Lebron an out.

Swept with Kyrie? Nah I think they'd take 1 or 2 Cleveland games. Without? Possible sweep yea.

megalowho

Terrible news.. there's been one good series this playoffs so far, after last nights game was hoping maybe the Finals could have been the second. Will still watch for the Warriors and Westbrook-like usage rate for LeBron, but doesn't feel like a fair fight.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
You have to realize that the details don't matter anymore. We are far removed from that.

All people know is 6/6. 6 Finals MVP's. Two three peats.

Jordan mythos is too strong

GOAT

AnAnole

I'd say Bosh +Wade = Pippen (in terms of star talent and skill)

Next excuse plz.

Wade was broken down when the Spurs beat the Heat. Hell, he was mostly broken down when the Heat beat the Spurs the year before with only that one game where he looked like himself. The only finals loss you can blame on LeBron was the Dallas series. People need to stop being ridiculous.

Wade was broken down when the Spurs beat the Heat. Hell, he was mostly broken down when the Heat beat the Spurs the year before with only that one game where he looked like himself. The only loss finals loss you can blame on LeBron was the Dallas series. People need to stop being ridiculous.

Was he broken down in 2011?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom