• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NHL Playoffs |OT| The King Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroGravity

Even if the Bolts win this, I don't think the series is over remotely...

Habs been mostly outplaying them which is weird considering Tampa was the much better regular season team (statistically)
That and the fact that Tampa at home with the series lead screams complacency for me.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Fire Therrien
Trade Desharnais
Find an actual top 6 winger who can score
Re-sign Petry(at a reasonable price please)
Trade Gilbert(Pateryn made him expendable)
Stop signing fourth liners

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!

Habs been mostly outplaying them which is weird considering Tampa was the much better regular season team (statistically). They turned it on the yoffs.

The Habs were the better team and outplayed the Sens for the most part last round, but all of their wins were by one goal. Their offence has dried up at the worst time of the year for some reason.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Habs been mostly outplaying them which is weird considering Tampa was the much better regular season team (statistically). They turned it on the yoffs.
It will come down to their mentality. How they react being down 2-0 will say a lot about the core of this team. They've played much better than that, but that's hockey.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

The only way they're winning is if Price gets 4 shutouts.

Fire Therrien
Trade Desharnais
Find an actual top 6 winger who can score
Re-sign Petry(at a reasonable price please)
Trade Gilbert(Pateryn made him expendable)
Stop signing fourth liners

Trade Torkarski, Bring Condon up
Get Kadri
Fire Therrien, get Todd McLellan
Make Galchenyuk a Center
Free Hudon
Get Rid of Prust,DD,Emelin
Re-Sign Petry
No More Fucking Jobbers Please

zroid

Banned
The Habs were the better team and outplayed the Sens for the most part last round, but all of their wins were by one goal. Their offence has dried up at the worst time of the year for some reason.

Yep. Shooting at like 3.5% or something I read. Sh% regression... it's a thing. Unfortunately playoffs don't give you much time to regress, they need to hope it happens next game (or in the 3rd period here).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Doesn't matter with the penalties and all that, this was the expected outcome, I said it before the first game, they will not beat Bishop.

You didn't watch the last game did you?

1 good call out of like 6. Refs redeemed.

I have. They had countless opportunities to put it to bed and they did not succeed. TB played badly last game and they did not take advantage.

Doesn't matter with the penalties and all that, this was the expected outcome, I said it before the first game, they will not beat Bishop.

Price is a better goalie than Bishop. What do you mean by "they will not beat Bishop"?

So... yeah all these penalties are hilarious looking shown back to back on the highlights.

Maybe after the first 2 or 3 times they should stop randomly cross checking and punching people who aren't even involved in the play?

zroid

Banned
Everything Changed when the Lightning Nation Attacked

FryEvilGlare.gif

Marvie_3

Banned
Now hopefully the Wild don't allow 3 goals in the 1st today.

Agreed. Hopefully they allow 4 or 5.

So... yeah all these penalties are hilarious looking shown back to back on the highlights.

Maybe after the first 2 or 3 times they should stop randomly cross checking and punching people who aren't even involved in the play?
Right. It's not like one team is getting called for ticky tack shit and not the other. If the Habs aren't cross checking dudes and running blatant interference they might not be in this mess.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I have. They had countless opportunities to put it to bed and they did not succeed. TB played badly last game and they did not take advantage.

Price is a better goalie than Bishop. What do you mean by "they will not beat Bishop"?

Montreal has no offense, who's going to score on Bishop?

Pacioretty is still seeing double, and everyone else either shoots the puck wide, or directly into Bishop's chest.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Because it's always been this way against Tampa and Bishop, they shoot a lot and nothing goes in. Last year it was different because he wasn't in the net, but I knew it'd be no differently than in regular season. Price being a better goalie doesn't make the Habs better at beating Bishop.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Because it's always been this way against Tampa and Bishop, they shoot a lot and nothing goes in. Last year it was different because he wasn't in the net, but I knew it'd be no differently than in regular season. Price being a better goalie doesn't make the Habs better at beating Bishop.
Yeah I called the Habs last year cause Bishop was out. This year though it seems the offence has just disappeared though and Carey has carried the team. Isn't a bad way to play since Hasek took the Sabres to the finals but Tampa has two freakin good lines as their players really developed and it's not just Stamkos. Habs did control the play during the early part of the second but that Stamkos goal just sucked the life out of them. I think they're done this game barring a Leaf-like Tampa collapse. The series won't be a sweep though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom