• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016/2017 UEFA Champions League Final |OT| Juventus vs Real Madrid

MrS

Banned
Madrid are trying to be too cute with the passing. Need to keep it simple and take control of the game. Juve are on top here.

Madrid are trying to be too cute with the passing. Need to keep it simple and take control of the game. Juve are on top here.

They need half to come and comeback out trying to take control.

Juve has been in the driver seat minus the first shot going in for Real.

How's Fox doing in this transmission? You guys happy with their work? I hope you are since you'll be watching next year's World Cup with them!

Really surprised with Juves tactics, I expected them to sit a lot deeper and soak up a lot more pressure. It's actually them dominating the tempo of the game.

Dat goal doe.

Lkr

Co-commentator on BT Sport's youtube stream is awful. Who is it?

Ian Darke and Owen hargreaves i think

@Alex_Mexico: it is typical Fox soccer mediocrity. not as bad as the Euro League was this year with Alexei Lalas being allowed to commentate. and they're actually live on site and not doing it in the studio today. i don't see how their world cup coverage won't be a travesty. this is their A team we are being "treated" to today and it is pretty meh. it was easy to find international coverage of Brazil 2014 online, hopefully it will be similar next year if their commentary is awful

Syder

ElDY2f1.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You can see that Juve is the only team smart enough to not get schooled by Madrid in this CL season....great finale so far. 2nd half will be fun.

RocknRola

Real got lucky with Ronaldo and his goal otherwise they haven't created shit in this first half.

Real get lucky with Ronaldo a whole damn lot though :p

But yeah, Juve has been by far the better team in this first half. Wonder what changes the 2nd half will bring!

Regginator

Madrid is going to have a tough time scoring the first one, but they'll definitely get one in. And when that happens, Juve has to attack and Madrid will decimate them. I expect a rather boring first half, and then second half all-out. I would have loved Buffon to win, but not at the expense of Real.

VAMOS REAL

Phew, I couldn't have been more wrong. Incredibly vibrant first half, great match so far. A little too much fouls though, it sometimes fucks up the pacing.

Looking forward to the second half!

Ian Darke and Owen hargreaves i think

@Alex_Mexico: it is typical Fox soccer mediocrity. not as bad as the Euro League was this year with Alexei Lalas being allowed to commentate. and they're actually live on site and not doing it in the studio today. i don't see how their world cup coverage won't be a travesty. this is their A team we are being "treated" to today and it is pretty meh. it was easy to find international coverage of Brazil 2014 online, hopefully it will be similar next year if their commentary is awful
So you'd say ESPN was better at broadcasting soccer than Fox? I remember reading a LOT of complaints about ESPN during the 2006 World Cup in Germany. I'd like to think they got better with time.

MrS

Banned
Both teams are there for the taking. Really enjoyable and open first half but the quality has been poor at times, particularly Madrid's passing. Poor Dybala has been kicked out of the match, hasn't he? Can see somebody getting sent off with this ref.

Syder

Mandžukić is definitely a shoe-in for the Puskás Award after that.

The arc was totally perfect, no saving that piece of pure genius.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Munich would like to have a word with you.

If by schooled you mean cheated then yes. They got schooled hard.

lol no....they messed up with Vidal not sealing the deal with his penalty in game 1. You cant be so careless against Madrid.

But to be fair...with Hummel/Lewa Bayern in game 1 Bayern would probably have made it.

clemenx

Banned
Juve is certainly playing better but outside the first 10 minutes there hasn't been much danger. So-So game thus far. Real being really disappointing.

Both goals were really awesome at least.

Hasney

Wonder who's buckling, YouTube live not being used to that many people, or BTs setup.

Bummer, really wanted to try live 360 in PSVR.

Top Bottom