• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2019 Fantasy Football (NFL) Discussion Thread

It's that time of the year again!!!!

I'm sure everyone is itching to draft and following camp news.

Lets break down players preseason, crowd source draft questions, vent your league drama, brag about waiver wire pick ups, and pester each other about match-ups and who to start every week.

May the odds be ever in your favor.

Last edited:
my two leagues are back again and drama is already flying.

i'm not gonna get deep in the opening post, but would love some thoughts on these players.

I can keep Cooper Kupp for a 7th or Kenny Golladay for an 8th.

Kupp scares me with his ACL injury and the mouths to feed on the Rams. similar WR injuries at Kupps age show he has a good chance at rebounding. He's also, Goffs safety blanket, esp for the red zone, which only means bigger things if Gurley's hurting.

Golladay scares me with stafford throwing to him and the Lions focus on the run game. The new run game may open Golladay up more though. plus he's the teams true WR1 and a monster.

edit: just sucked it up and made the one offseason trade we're allowed. got rid of kupp, for some draft picks that I needed to keep other players. so deal helped both parties respectively.

Last edited:

natjjohn

Have a free agent auction in a dynasty league today. Should be fun.

I know you already decided, but Golladay for the 8th was the move. Though totally get the struggle, but the fact you secured assets for Kupp (whom you clearly weren’t enamored with) was a solid move.

Is there a GAF league?

no gaf league atm

Have a free agent auction in a dynasty league today. Should be fun.

I know you already decided, but Golladay for the 8th was the move. Though totally get the struggle, but the fact you secured assets for Kupp (whom you clearly weren’t enamored with) was a solid move.

hows your draft go?

any more coming up?

My 14 team auction is the 26th and 12 team keeper on the 28th. - man the worst thing about drafts are scheduling with people. seriously its the biggest pain. people are way too selfish.

in my keeper league i've broken down whos available in the first 40 spots (need to do more as youll see why), and when my picks fall:

I pick 3rd, 7th, 15th ( 3 picks in top 15), then have keeper ( amari cooper), then pick 33, 37, 41, 45, 50, ( 5 in 18 picks) then 65, 69, 74, 77 ( 4 in 13), the rest doesnt matter as much...

my point is.... i REALLY gotta have a clear picture of whos available (due to being kept) and what my needs will be in those middle rounds, because i'm not going to have much time to decide my next moves when i'm live.

Last edited:

AaronB

There are only 3 RBs I really trust in the first round this year, followed by 2 WRs. I hope I'm either top 3 or at the end of the round.

I think I'll switch to mainly auction format and take a lot of high-ceiling guys.

did my 14 team auction 2 nights ago ended up with these guys for my starters:

QB Goff/Rivers
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Marlon Mack
WR Mike Evans
WR Cooper Kupp
FLEX Tarik Cohen
FLEX Will Fuller
TE Evan Engram

Bench: Jaylen Samuels, Courtland Sutton, Kaylen Ballage, Justin Jackson

got my 12 team Keeper draft tonight!

Who would you pick out of these guys:

Bell, DJohnson, Hopkins, Julio Jones

and pair them up with a pick out of:

Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Julio Jones, ODB, Mike Evans

natjjohn

did my 14 team auction 2 nights ago ended up with these guys for my starters:

QB Goff/Rivers
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Marlon Mack
WR Mike Evans
WR Cooper Kupp
FLEX Tarik Cohen
FLEX Will Fuller
TE Evan Engram

Bench: Jaylen Samuels, Courtland Sutton, Kaylen Ballage, Justin Jackson

got my 12 team Keeper draft tonight!

Who would you pick out of these guys:

Bell, DJohnson, Hopkins, Julio Jones

and pair them up with a pick out of:

Gurley, Fournette, Cook, Julio Jones, ODB, Mike Evans

Johnson and ODB is route I’d probably take.

If not a fan of Bell or Johnson, I’d go Hopkins and Dalvin.

If wanting two WRs, Hopkins and ODB,
If two backs, Johnson and Cook

Johnson and ODB is route I’d probably take.

If not a fan of Bell or Johnson, I’d go Hopkins and Dalvin.

If wanting two WRs, Hopkins and ODB,
If two backs, Johnson and Cook

Thanks!

Just had the draft - got completely thrown off when zeke fell to me - so i grabbed zeke, over hopkins who i was going to take orig, then pulled julio jones, then fournette considering all the others i had listed were taken already.

Im a tad weak at RB, which is due to the zeke thing and throwing off all my plans.

Team looks like:

Qb matt ryan/ cam newton
Wr julio jones
Wr amari cooper
Wr kenny golladay
Rb zeke
Rb fournette
Flex chris godwin
Te hunter henry
Def chicago
K butker

Bench:
Tarik cohen
D henderson
Royce freeman
Curtis samuel

Last edited:
Got my first drafts coming up this weekend. Looking forward to dominating motherfuckers like it's going out of style. Just the GAF Baseball scrubs. Flossing my teeth with these jabronis. I am so inside their head that when they dream, they dream that they are dreaming about dreaming of me spanking them with an iron paddle. They open their fridge and they see my head on a platter asking them "start or sit?" They take a dump and as they flush they hear my voice echoing "two start weekly streamerrrrrrrrr." I'm lurking in every shadow.

Can You Dig It?

That's' right, Shark. I'm on you all day. Everywhere.

Last edited:

AaronB

I switched to Auction format for the first time this year. Did two drafts yesterday. 10 team, PPR, espn standard positions (2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex)

The first time, I sat out the top 3 rbs and wrs, but aggressively tried to get guys close to the top in each position. Wound up with:

QB: Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins.

RB: J. Mixon, A. Jones, D. Henry, J. White.

WR: K. Allen, B. Cooks, S. Shepard, M. Valdes-Scantling, T. Williams

TE: G. Kittle, Njoku

Broncos, K. Fairbairn

The second time, I tried to save a little more early so I could go after $15-20 guys more and have a deeper squad.

QB: A. Rogers, J. Goff

RB: N. Chubb, J. Conner, M. Ingram, D. Singletary

WR: A. Thielen, T. Hilton, C. Ridley, R. Anderson, C. Davis, MVS

TE; G. Kittle, D. Njoku

Vikings, Fairbairn

Overall, I think I'm happy. I got a top-3 QB and top-3 TE, while still being strong at RB and WR. I also like the strategy in auction. I nominated Mahomes to get people to spend, the I grabbed a QB I like almost as much for a lot cheaper. I also nominated guys I don't like (Gordon because of holdout potential; Brady because recognition exceeds fantasy value) to get other people to overspend. I like having a shot at anyone, and I think I'll mainly do auction from here on out.

is GAF doing a league, or did i miss it already?

no league organized this year at the moment

Overall, I think I'm happy. I got a top-3 QB and top-3 TE, while still being strong at RB and WR. I also like the strategy in auction. I nominated Mahomes to get people to spend, the I grabbed a QB I like almost as much for a lot cheaper. I also nominated guys I don't like (Gordon because of holdout potential; Brady because recognition exceeds fantasy value) to get other people to overspend. I like having a shot at anyone, and I think I'll mainly do auction from here on out.

I like your second squad more, though both are solid. I do 1 auction(14t) and 1 snake(12t).... no matter how prepared i am for the auction, its always so much harder than a snake. much more fun though. i feel like no team is ever fully in love with their auction squad until the season starts to play out.

you might be able to package singletary/ingram and a lower WR for a better WR too.

i picked 3rd this year in my keeper snake draft a week ago, and the two pick passed on Zeke, so i snagged him up. SO happy he signed this morning

Last edited:
I had my pay-league auction draft last night. I think I'm pretty happy with my team, but who knows what the season holds.

JQ0d6oQ.png

Last edited:

Dural

Had my draft Sunday, had what I believe is the worst pick at 4.

QB: Wentz/Trubisky
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: Derrick Henry
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster
Flex: David Montgomery
Flex: Allen Robinson
D/ST: Rams
K: Matt Bryant

Bench:
Melvin Gordon
Cooper Kupp
Calvin Ridley
Josh Gordon

Not liking what I have for RB, forgot about Gordon holding out during the draft. Zeke was available at 4 but didn't want to take a chance on him not playing (my first pick was Bell last year :messenger_pouting:), so went with Hopkins. If Montgomery can be what I'm hoping he can (huge Bears fan here) I might be alright, otherwise I'll be hitting the waiver wire.

Had my draft Sunday, had what I believe is the worst pick at 4.

QB: Wentz/Trubisky
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: Derrick Henry
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster
Flex: David Montgomery
Flex: Allen Robinson
D/ST: Rams
K: Matt Bryant

Bench:
Melvin Gordon
Cooper Kupp
Calvin Ridley
Josh Gordon

Not liking what I have for RB, forgot about Gordon holding out during the draft. Zeke was available at 4 but didn't want to take a chance on him not playing (my first pick was Bell last year :messenger_pouting:), so went with Hopkins. If Montgomery can be what I'm hoping he can (huge Bears fan here) I might be alright, otherwise I'll be hitting the waiver wire.

good wr depth - might want to put montgomery int rb2, and anoter wr in the flex. i have no faith in the titans and derrick henry >_>

Dural

No? He was so good the second half last season, I was hoping that would continue into this season.

No? He was so good the second half last season, I was hoping that would continue into this season.

I guess see how the first week goes, i dont want to give you bad advice.

iirc he went off massively in like 2 games during most leagues playoffs/final weeks so he left that stellar impression, I dont think he was consistently solid for the second half of the season.

Dural

I guess see how the first week goes, i dont want to give you bad advice.

iirc he went off massively in like 2 games during most leagues playoffs/final weeks so he left that stellar impression, I dont think he was consistently solid for the second half of the season.

He averaged 5+ YPC in 5/8 games in the second half, I feel like if he's fed enough he'll put up good numbers. I don't follow the Titans, so I'm not sure, but wasn't he part of a backfield by committee for most of the season? Toward the end of the season he had a bigger role and had the two huge games. Maybe that's because of winter and them running the ball more? IDK, I'll see how he does week 1 and go from there.

16 team auction league with up to 3 keepers.

I kept Mahomes ($14), Barkley ($72), and Guice($7) for $93 of my $200 budget.

I sat back and wasn’t aggressive on WR enough, ended up with

DJ Moore
Calvin Ridley
Corey Davis
Hunter Henry
Austin Hooper
Bills
Browns
DK Metcalf
Carlos Hyde
Robbie Gould
Rivers (I f’d up here, same bye as mahomes)
John Brown

16 team auction league with up to 3 keepers.

I kept Mahomes ($14), Barkley ($72), and Guice($7) for $93 of my $200 budget.

I sat back and wasn’t aggressive on WR enough, ended up with

DJ Moore
Calvin Ridley
Corey Davis
Hunter Henry
Austin Hooper
Bills
Browns
DK Metcalf
Carlos Hyde
Robbie Gould
Rivers (I f’d up here, same bye as mahomes)
John Brown

damn i cant imagine the opening pool of players for a 16 team 3 kpr league

damn i cant imagine the opening pool of players for a 16 team 3 kpr league

waiver wire gets fun, lol...

not everyone always keeps 3 players tho....the way it works is the cost to keep a player is (draft price + $7(year kept)) for a max of 3 years ....

so I got Mahomes for $7 one year, i can keep him for a max of 3 years, but each year after i'd have to pay $14, $21, then $28, after that last year he goes back into the auction pool

and just like that hunter henry is out.

i think im going to hold on to him as long as i can. just traded away tarik cohen for mark andrews in henrys stead.

im VERY thin at RB though. starting fournette and Zeke. have royce freeman and pollard as back ups. if someone significant hits the wire i'll blow my faab load on them if need be

I scored 130.36 points and lost by 0.34 points. I hate weeks like that. Hopefully I'll have some weeks where my team doesn't perform and I still win to make up for it.

I made the mistake of putting James White in my lineup over Aaron Jones and it’s probably gonna cost me a close loss in two different leagues. I knew Jones would get more touches but I just had a feeling White would get a rushing TD and receiving TD against Miami but I was only half right.

Oh well.

Off to rocky start. I started playing fantasy sports in 2001. I remember getting in trouble for using the school library computers for checking out my lineups at lunch. I lost interest around 2012-2013 and was in hibernation until the GAF baseball league this year rekindled “the fire,” or whatever. I added two more leagues after the GAF draft and have had a good season. Two teams finished regular season in first place, one team in second place, playoffs going in all three leagues now. As much crap as I talked, I actually expect to lose in the GAF league this week. The other guy just has a better overall lineup and hotter pitching right now. I like my chances in the two public leagues tho.

That was a random tangent. Sorry. I’m feeling weird this morning.

So I probably went a little too crazy with my football drafts this year. Instead of sticking with 3-4 teams like I always did in prior years I drafted 7 teams in the same night. I went 4-3 last week and am looking at 3-4 most likely this week.

Biggest issue in my losses is getting zeroes, Matt Bryant had no points last week and Vinatieri (I think I spelled that right) had negative points depending on your settings. That can make all the difference in a close matchup, obviously.

I had Josh Gordon in over Golloday in one league as well, that hurt.

My hometown Emmanuel Sanders sat in another league under Mike Evans, ouchie

goober

Someone offered Sony Michel and Adrian Peterson for my James Conner. I have Derrick Henry as my other RB. Good trade?

I really like James Conner and I don't think much will change with Mason at the helm. Maybe more checkdowns.

week 6 is upon us. how are people doing?

slow waiver wire today...

im sitting 3-2 and 4-1 in my leagues, I have Most pts for and 2/3rd most pts against in both leagues.

unsure if i should make a move. dont want to sit on my laurels, thinking im solid with my team, but dont want to make unnecessary moves.

12- team keeper league

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Julio Jones, Amari Cooper, Chris Godwin, Kenny Golladay, Curtis Samuel
RB: Zeke, Fournette, Royce Freeman, Tony Pollard, Chase Edwards
TE: Mark Andrews, Hunter Henry
K: Butker
Def: CHI

14 team league

QB: Rivers
WR: Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Will Fuller, Courtland Sutton, Preston Williams, Golden Tate
RB: Dalvin Cook, Marlon Mack, Jordan Wilkins, Gus Edwards
TE: Engram, Herndon
Def: GB

any thoughts on what I should do?

Last edited:
I need to start two of these guys at WR, no PPR, you only get 1 point per 25 yards. League is all about touchdowns

Bills J Brown vs Miami
NYG G Tate vs Cards
GB Lazard vs Raiders

Currently I have Brown and Tate in but if either of the GB guys outside of Adams misses the game I think I should put Lazard in for Brown because imho there’s higher upside potential.

natjjohn

I need to start two of these guys at WR, no PPR, you only get 1 point per 25 yards. League is all about touchdowns

Bills J Brown vs Miami
NYG G Tate vs Cards
GB Lazard vs Raiders

Currently I have Brown and Tate in but if either of the GB guys outside of Adams misses the game I think I should put Lazard in for Brown because imho there’s higher upside potential.

I’d roll Tate and Lazard

LordVader

Neo Member

Bills J Brown vs Miami
NYG G Tate vs Cards
GB Lazard vs Raiders

Brown for sure. I’d go Tate too.

Top Bottom