• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS owners, what are you currently playing?

Dr. Buni

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Tomorrow I'll receive my pre owned 3ds xl that I snatched for a good price of eBay.
Basically I'm going to have access to following games from tomorrow on but don't know what I should start with.

The games are:
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Bravely Default
Etrian Odyssey 4
Star Fox 64
Kid Icarus
Zelda Oot
Zelda Albw
Fire Emblem
Ds 999
Ds Ghost trick

I never played on a 3ds before and I'd like to get the best first experience possible.
What would you guys suggest?
Kid Icarus. Do yourself a favor and play it ASAP.

vato_loco

I got my 3DS fairly recently, so I'm playing some oldies. Right now I'm with:

- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies

And have these in my 3DS, ready to play:

- Fire Emblem Awakening
- Shin Megami Tensei IV
- Resident Evil Revelations

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Tomorrow I'll receive my pre owned 3ds xl that I snatched for a good price of eBay.
Basically I'm going to have access to following games from tomorrow on but don't know what I should start with.

The games are:
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Bravely Default
Etrian Odyssey 4
Star Fox 64
Kid Icarus
Zelda Oot
Zelda Albw
Fire Emblem
Ds 999
Ds Ghost trick

I never played on a 3ds before and I'd like to get the best first experience possible.
What would you guys suggest?

If I was starting out with this library, I'd probably tackle a shorter non-RPG first. KIU and Star Fox 64 3D would be what I put in my 3DS, and supplement it with one of the longer 60-hour games on your list (FE:A, EO4, SMTIV).

How'd you get so many good games already? My honest recommendation is to try one of the first party platformers, such as Super Mario 3D Land and Kirby Triple Deluxe. Those are the quintessential first 3DS experiences.

If I was starting out with this library, I'd probably tackle a shorter non-RPG first. KIU and Star Fox 64 3D would be what I put in my 3DS, and supplement it with one of the longer 60-hour games on your list (FE:A, EO4, SMTIV).

How'd you get so many good games already? My honest recommendation is to try one of the first party platformers, such as Super Mario 3D Land and Kirby Triple Deluxe. Those are the quintessential first 3DS experiences.

Thanks for your recommendation. I'll start with Star Fox 64 and SMT 4.

I'm not a huge Mario fan tbh, but Kirby or even the Joshi game looks pretty good.
I have access to all those games since the system came with both the Zelda games and I can borrow the other games from a coworker :)

blurrygil

DAT SHOVEL KNIGHT, SON!!!!

shovel-knight-boss.jpg~original

FirLocke

Heyyyy!

I just came here because I felt the need to express my joy.

After a year and a half without a 3DS, I decided to just suck it up and plop down for a 2DS. At first, I was like: "A man will do dirty things just to Smash." But then I opened the box and held the thing for the first time. Dear God, it's amazing. I've never held a more comfortable handheld. It feels like a Gameboy Color grew up to fit my grown up hands (OG 3DS was impossible for me to play for more than a few hours. The Vita, while an amazing console, is also reaaaalllyy bad in terms of comfort). So, I love this little blue and black door stop. The only thing I think I'm missing now but will eventually get used to is the 3D. I do miss it :/

I bought A Link Between Worlds with it since I never got a chance to play it. It's fantastic. Music, atmosphere, gameplay, it's great. It's my first top down Zelda since Link's Awakening DX. I'm loving it.

Since I'm holding back on my spending, I won't be getting another 3DS title until Smash, but what about after that? Anyone got any recommendations? And does anyone else feel the same about the 2DS as I do? Just curious

Fire Emblem is amazing, my fave 3DS game at the moment. Many hours of play guaranteed! Robin and Lucina from Smash are from FE: Awakening! In terms of upcoming games, Monster Hunter 4 is also another game that guarantees many hours of play, especially so if you nab a few friends to play with you.

Currently I'm playing Mario 3D Land. Great fun, just finished World 8. Now all of a sudden I have special worlds to beat? This game is longer than I thought!

RMI

Banned
Etrian Odyssey Untold - at first I hated it compared to EO IV, but now I'm really really enjoying it. It's just so addictive to fill the map up and grind out levels and get new gear etc etc.

Refugio

Finished Mario and Luigi Dream Team yesterday. Really enjoyed it though I can now see why people were talking about it being too long. The last two areas were like half my playtime, but I felt they were pretty well designed so I had fun. Just doing some of the totally cool jigsaw puzzles now.

Also finally started One Piece Romance Dawn. I pre-ordered this game way back, so I've had it since launch. Have only heard terrible things about the game and I don't have much positives to say about it after spending a couple of hours with it. Luckily since the game was a limited release I can always sell it and pretty much get what I paid for it back.

LGom09

Finishing up Pushmo. The bigger puzzles near the end are a bit of a chore, but the final set seems to focus more on smaller, deceptively difficult ones which is cool.

maxcriden

Finished Mario and Luigi Dream Team yesterday. Really enjoyed it though I can now see why people were talking about it being too long. The last two areas were like half my playtime, but I felt they were pretty well designed so I had fun. Just doing some of the totally cool jigsaw puzzles now.

Also finally started One Piece Romance Dawn. I pre-ordered this game way back, so I've had it since launch. Have only heard terrible things about the game and I don't have much positives to say about it after spending a couple of hours with it. Luckily since the game was a limited release I can always sell it and pretty much get what I paid for it back.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Dream Team. It's long, for sure, but really inventive throughout.

alice

I've been playing Devil Survivor 2, having given u on the 3ds remake. I'm also still playing tomodachi life, but I'm on the verge of getting bored. If one more mii gives me a box of cold medicine...

I ordered Professor Layton vs Phoenix wright - should be here tomorrow. I'm also anxiously awaiting Persona Q!

papercamm

As soon as I get my new charging cable I'll play Azure Striker and finish up Bowser's Inside Story. After that I'll start up Chrono Trigger, I hear it's good or something.

I got the three European Inazuma Eleven games so I've been playing those. I also finally found a copy of Metal Slug 7, so that's been eating up the last couple of days.

Wow, Star Fox 64 is indeed short. For my first run to the boss it only took me ~2 hours. It was fun though.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Tales of the Abyss. I didn't play the PS2 version since it never came out in Europe and I didn't import it but this is pretty good so far. The main character Luke is a massive prick though.

VLiberty

Forgot to say that, while I haven't started any new game in the last month, I've been playing a bit of Edge every now and then. I've almost finished the original levels, then there are the Extended ones.
Luckily I chose the 3DS version over the Minis knowing that the 3DS version was half the price, as I just found out that the Minis version has just the original levels(48 on PSP vs 98 on 3DS). On the other hand it hasn't really clicked on me, I guess it needs to be "perfected" to be fully enjoyed, but on the other hand its controls make it very hard to master...

DAT SHOVEL KNIGHT, SON!!!!
I hate you :'(

Weils

Neo Member

Will be getting my first 3DS next month when the new version comes out. I have Super Mario 3D Land, Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3D parked as my first games. This will be my first experience using the 3DS as well as playing some of the older Nintendo game remakes that I did not have the pleasure to do so without a N64.

My next game after that will be Smash, but that will take a while as I get used to the handheld controls and interface. :)

3DS has been collecting dust for over a month now, sadly. The last game I played was Animal Crossing iirc. Hopefully things will heat up once Shovel Knight hits the shop.

I went back to Devil Survivor Overclocked. Finished my fourth run (Atsuro's) and got Unkillable. I have yet to do an 8th day, so I'll be doing Yuzu's run next and hopefully take down Lucifer this time.

kunonabi

Haven't been able to afford too many 3DS games this year so all I have left is Mario Golf: World Tour and the LoZ Oracle games. Mario Golf looks like it should keep me busy for awhile though.

redcrayon

Fantasy Life, and it's awesome.

I'm a wierd kinda fisherman/tailor/miner/paladin type, with my own named horse, and nothing beats riding across the plains to visit my new manor in the next town over and do some crafting.

The whole game is filled with lots of really funny dialogue. It's also quite easy, and a great change of pace from the other rpgs I've played this year.

I really can't recommend it enough if you want an rpg you can relax with and just enjoy doing whatever you like with.

Smash
obviously :3

Also in the middle of %100 Kirby Triple Deluxe (I'm currently at %92)

Shovel Knight! I must be on my 3rd play through now.

3DS is kind of my favorite current system right now :)

ohlawd

I went back to Devil Survivor Overclocked. Finished my fourth run (Atsuro's) and got Unkillable. I have yet to do an 8th day, so I'll be doing Yuzu's run next and hopefully take down Lucifer this time.

DSO has an insane amount of content. when you're done getting all endings, try doing the superboss ;)

daydream

Banned
Playing a lot of Fantasy Life. Amazing game, GOTY contender for me.

Still doing regular check-ins in Tomodachi Life.

Wish Theatrhythm had come out a bit earlier, it only got its place in the sun for one week but I'm sure I'll come back to it. Fantastic game.

Oh, and Smash, of course. The online is a total bummer so my goal is to unlock all the SP stuff. By the time I'm done, the WiiU version should hit.

Edit: Almost forgot my most played game on the system, Mario Golf: World Tour. Still playing every new tournament.

Top Bottom