• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd person Halo Infinite this November

sendit

Garbage. At least add better character animations, this looks like a budget release.

team america vomit GIF

Last edited:

jcorb

Real talk; I kind of wonder how a Halo game would do if it did something like Destiny? Make your own Spartan and/or Elite "classes", customizable gear and weapons, but both of a PvE focus.

Honestly, with Bungie struggling as they are, I feel like it *could* be a good idea for both Sony and Microsoft. Having Bungie and 343 working together on such a game, I feel like you'd get something pretty incredible out of it.

pasterpl

Not sure about this. (I am a big FPS fan so my opinion is skewed). I love Halo Infinite but as FPS, 3rd party games are very rarely something that I will buy (unless it is Gears of War).

Klosshufvud

Third person is simply a superior form of camera placement. Being able to see your character not only opens up new gameplay options but is also visually more pleasing. I'm not surprised first person games are becoming less popular.

Not sure what to say really. As someone who played at launch and recently got back in to it, I’ve never once thought about third person Halo.
No one here will remember this, but when Halo CE was first ported to PC ages ago, one of it’s most popular mods was the 3rd person mode.

Of course back then there wasn’t social media to point this stuff out, so this information probably didn’t spread as much as it could have.

BlackTron

If you can switch with a button press, like in StarFox, I would actually use this. Sometimes the situational awareness of enemies and nades around you would be more important than down-sights accuracy, and you need to choose. If you just toggle it in a menu, DOA for me I'll never use it.

splattered

Oh come on this is just a different little extra experience they are releasing for people to have fun with... some of you are acting like this is replacing the primary 1st person experience. Who gives a flying fuck if they put out something like this and let people mess around with?

Radical_3d

Yeah. Just what the game needed. I’ve already sold my SX so I don’t care so much, but I’d love if Microsoft give the franchise some more love. Maybe the next one…

Top Bottom