• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$50 PSN cards for $40 on Ebay, limited quantities

Weevilone

PS Plus goes on sale pretty often for $40. You should use these on other PSN purchases to maximize your savings. Unless you don't buy anything digital.

I think last time I topped off with 2 codes discounted like this. Then when I spent the $100, I did it during a time where I got $15 back from Sony. Pretty sweet when that works out.

Tevious

do preorders count?

Yes, they do. I preordered Bloodborne and bought something else the last time they did a Spend $100 Get $15 deal.

Anything counts as long as you spend $100 from your PSN wallet.

I think last time I topped off with 2 codes discounted like this. Then when I spent the $100, I did it during a time where I got $15 back from Sony. Pretty sweet when that works out.

That's what I'm saying. It really negates the extra cost of digital. Wait for $50 PSN cards to go on sale for $40, stock up. Spend $100 during a Spend $100 Get $15 type deal. That $80 you spent gets you $115 in PSN spending power, a $35 savings. Get PS Plus when they go on sale for $30-$40. Don't waste these $50 codes on PS Plus.

For those people who bought it, how long did it take for you to receive your email?
It only took a couple minutes to get my codes emailed to me. I jumped on this right away, though.

Can you only buy two of these? I tired to buy a third and it tells me that the item is no longer available, but the ebay page says it is available...

It's Limit 2. I tried to add 3 originally and it told me limit 2.

Reset

For those people who bought it, how long did it take for you to receive your email?
Edit: Recieved mine, took me about 20 minutes.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Can you only buy two of these? I tired to buy a third and it tells me that the item is no longer available, but the ebay page says it is available...

Don't see anywhere that it says only two. Maybe make two purchases? Keep in mind that PSN has a wallet limit of $150, so you'd have to have a wallet balance of $0 to add three $50 cards.

Try launching eBay in a new incognito window (chrome) or using phone or something, I had bought two last nov during the same price sale and it wouldn't let me buy another one today until I did the incognito thing.

Atone13

Why is the estimated delivery date for a digital delivery 1 week from now?

Um

It said that for me too, but then in the confirmation email there's a note included about the digital purchases and how they usually are emailed within a couple hours, 24 hours at the latest. That said, I just got my codes, took less than 20 mins.

Mine showed up in under 20 minutes, probably was about 15 or so.

Tevious

Try launching eBay in a new incognito window (chrome) or using phone or something, I had bought two last nov during the same price sale and it wouldn't let me buy another one today until I did the incognito thing.

Not working for me. Seems I can only buy just the 2 this time, unless I create new accounts. I didn't get to buy this deal last time off eBay because PayPal was fucking me over and thought it was an unusual purchase from me, so I didn't run into your problem. I ended up getting two $50 cards for $40 each during a Rakuten deal.

Also, why is Paypal allowed to sell digital codes, but nobody else is?

I meant specifically on Ebay. You're not supposed to sell digital products.

PayPal is eBay, so I guess they're exempt from their own rules.

Krakn3Dfx

After pre-ordering Bloodborne, got $40.16 left. I should probably grab The Witcher 3 while it's $54, although that's usually a game I would buy on the PC.

Decisions, decisions.

For some reason it limited to me to one. I tried to check out with two through the android app, then my mobile browser and finally my laptop in firefox. Nothing worked. Just bought one and it went through. Can't get another though.

I have $60 of credit for 10% with store pickup so I only missed like $5 in savings.

Thanks OP though.

I was able to order two, got them both within 10 minutes, but now I can't buy anything from the PSN web store without it encountering a problem.

Road

Does anyone know if you need a credit card to buy PS Plus with your wallet?

Oh, this is PayPal, it probably won't accept my non-American credit card, right? =\

That's what I'm saying. It really negates the extra cost of digital. Wait for $50 PSN cards to go on sale for $40, stock up. Spend $100 during a Spend $100 Get $15 type deal. That $80 you spent gets you $115 in PSN spending power, a $35 savings. Get PS Plus when they go on sale for $30-$40. Don't waste these $50 codes on PS Plus.

With this deal, 2 years of PS Plus are $65, or $32.5 per year. PS+ is not going to be this price any time soon. Not to mention PS Plus will give you additional discount on future game deals.

Tevious

With this deal, 2 years of PS Plus are $65, or $32.5 per year. PS+ is not going to be this price any time soon. Not to mention PS Plus will give you additional discount on future game deals.

If you're only interested in PS Plus, then go ahead. Just saying that you are maximizing your savings if you get PS+ when its on sale for $30-$40 and use these codes for game purchases. PS Plus has gone on sale in that price range several times.

It seems the PS store doesn't have a pre order option for Batman or Metal Gear. Until Dawn looks a bit cheesy.. $60 might be asking for too much lol the remaining selection isn't that great so i guess ill have to spend it on a year of PS+

Well I'm in UK so cannot get this deal.

What is a reliable way to buy US PSN credit, everywhere I find either blocks UK sales or adds a few quid to the price, negating any savings to be made by buying from the US.

I read something about buying amazon.com gift cards, which isn't stopped because of your UK address, and then using the amazon credit from the gift cards to buy digital PSN vouchers from amazon.com, and they don't bother to check address this time (which would block any direct attempts of buying digital PSN vouchers).

Does this actually work?

Lemstar

If you're only interested in PS Plus, then go ahead. Just saying that you are maximizing your savings if you get PS+ when its on sale for $30-$40 and use these codes for game purchases. PS Plus has gone on sale in that price range several times.

Did you look at the search results? Since Black Friday 2013, the only times the base price on PS+ has gone below $40 during a sale was at Best Buy a month later, and at a key reselling site clearancing out nearly-expired bundled PS+ vouchers. Everything else has involved a universal promo code of some kind, and I won't begrudge people from not wanting to buy from Rakuten (not to mention that you could be maximizing your savings by using those offers on something else, too).

Well I'm in UK so cannot get this deal.

What is a reliable way to buy US PSN credit, everywhere I find either blocks UK sales or adds a few quid to the price, negating any savings to be made by buying from the US.

I read something about buying amazon.com gift cards, which isn't stopped because of your UK address, and then using the amazon credit from the gift cards to buy digital PSN vouchers from amazon.com, and they don't bother to check address this time (which would block any direct attempts of buying digital PSN vouchers).

Does this actually work?
Buy from other users here. nextgeneration and SmokeMaxx both consistently sell PSN credit at a discount.

You should also be able to buy from Amazon directly; just use a fake US address.

Ordered, but I dont think I will use it by 2/24 to get $15 back since there is nothing I want to buy right now. This "spend X get Y back" comes and goes often.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I live in Chile and i can't seem to complete the purchase, it says to complete the purchase with another card. Any good individual wants to help me buy a code somehow?

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
Got 2, thanks for the head up OP. I'm now good through 2018.

Top Bottom