• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$50 PSN cards for $40 on Ebay, limited quantities

Tevious

Did you look at the search results? Since Black Friday 2013, the only times the base price on PS+ has gone below $40 during a sale was at Best Buy a month later, and at a key reselling site clearancing out nearly-expired bundled PS+ vouchers. Everything else has involved a universal promo code of some kind, and I won't begrudge people from not wanting to buy from Rakuten (not to mention that you could be maximizing your savings by using those offers on something else, too).

Yes, I did. While many of them are deals at sites like Rakuten (under $40), others are $40 deals from eBay or Newegg. Simply put, even getting PS Plus at $40 is an additional $10 savings that you wouldn't have if you use these $50 codes for it. You're using one deal to get another instead of taking advantage of both. Also, these $50 PSN codes/cards don't go on sale for 20% off as often as PS Plus codes/cards do.

As for Rakuten, you could even create new accounts to take advantage of their deals more than once. Apparently, they don't do anything about it. If anyone does opt to buy from Rakuten though, use PayPal only. Don't give them your credit card details directly, as they've had card info stolen in the past.

Krakn3Dfx

Bought 2 cards and added another $15 to my PSN account from Paypal, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 pre-ordered, time to sit back and wait for my 2 biggest games this year to come down the pipe.

Sony literally won't let me spend the money on my account's wallet.

What the hell.

Edit: Oh. I'm actually really stupid. I haven't bought something off PSN in awhile and my old debit card info's still on there.

Got a US friend to nab one for me after I paypaled over the money.

Diablo 3 RoS and RE Revelations 2 for £27 combined.

Would have cost me £50 off UK PSN.

Got a US friend to nab one for me after I paypaled over the money.

Diablo 3 RoS and RE Revelations 2 for £27 combined.

Would have cost me £50 off UK PSN.

For future reference you can create a US Paypal (using Hola Unblocker) and then send money from your UK Paypal to your US one in situations like this where they block non-US Paypals.

Went with,

Child of Light
Telltale Collection
Shadow of Mordor
Metro 2033 Redux
Olli Olli

Not bad for $80 plus a $15 credit coming my way.

Great deal thanks.

Did anyone else find eBay got confused with this?

eBay gives me a transaction page (with a transaction number) and all looks good there

but there is no paypal payment, and it isn't in my Purchase History, nor is there any emails sent me..

going to contact paypal digital gifts. But wondering if it went weird for anyone else.

thanks.

for those having trouble receiving their codes, if your Paypal account has a different email address you'll need to check that specific account to redeem your codes.

wowzors

for those having trouble receiving their codes, if your Paypal account has a different email address you'll need to check that specific account to redeem your codes.

Yeah problem is the account that was my primary is no longer valid and they won't respond to my emails. Extremely frustrating.

sense

Getting a message that it is no longer available.

I should have purchased 2 yesterday when I had the chance. Oh well, I will still take 1.
i bought 2 from these guys in november and so it won't let me buy it now for the same reason... i tried yesterday too :(

Mortemis

Banned
Just grabbed one. I don't buy digitally for newer/AAA games but this should keep me good for the year for indies and older games.

The problem with this screwed up listing is that if you have PREVIOUS purchased this, as I did, on November 30th 2014, it will not let you go ahead and purchase it again...

at least, I can't.

Assuming they actually have stock now.. because it shows stock but when I go to buy it now, I get the red error.

dgco86

The problem with this screwed up listing is that if you have PREVIOUS purchased this, as I did, on November 30th 2014, it will not let you go ahead and purchase it again...

at least, I can't.

Assuming they actually have stock now.. because it shows stock but when I go to buy it now, I get the red error.

Same here...

ZeroX03

Banned
I can PayPal someone $82USD if they can help me out with two codes. That's a whole $2 profit. Nobody here can beat that deal, unless they can.

Couldn't order one on my paypal which I bought one code last year, and was only able to successfully order one code with the help of my friend through his account, so it seems YMMV.

WarWolf

I bought a code yesterday. I tried to get another one today and my payment won't go through. I found a $40 PS plus card to buy to make sure it wasn't a problem with my PayPal account.

Derpyduck

Banned
Just bought 2. Thanks for the heads-up. I think I'll preorder Mortal Kombat. Then find 40 dollars worth of other stuff I know I want and get 15 dollars back from Sony due to their current promotion. So 100 dollars worth of digital content for 65 dollars essentially.

Qblivion

My cart so far:
Pier Solar
Hohokum
Suikoden
Suikoden 2
Okami HD
Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army
Raidou Kuzunoha vs King Abaddon

Need to spend $31 more. Suggestions? Have Vita, PS3 and 4.

KingV

Is there a limit on the number of transactions you can run with these or something? I was able to purchase one yesterday, but now every time I try it says the item is not available... very frustrating.

edit: Nevermind... it looks like there is two transactions only. That's stupid. My last transaction was in like November.

RedAssedApe

Banned
you are limited to a maximum of two transactions including your previous orders

i haven't ordered any though...

Is there a limit on the number of transactions you can run with these or something? I was able to purchase one yesterday, but now every time I try it says the item is not available... very frustrating.

edit: Nevermind... it looks like there is two transactions only. That's stupid. My last transaction was in like November.

huh...can you explain this part?

Top Bottom