• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5th Anniversary K-ON! Community |OT5| Please Don’t Say “You Are Lazy!”

The word weeaboo is such a meaningless term these days.

Old days:

Person: Kyaaaa Japan is so sugoi and kawaii!!! I love kawaii fujoshi baka kamikaze anime like Trash Love Fest desu!!!! ^__________^

Other Person: Fucking weeaboo.

Now:

Person: Yeah, I watched Sparkle Love Hell, it was alright.

Other Person: Fucking weeaboo.

The term weeaboo isn't even that old!

Kazzy

Ok but how do Koreans feel about Koreaboos.

And by Koreans I mean qt 3.14 Korean girls.

They're fine with it, as are people with weeaboos. This is/was never an issue anyway, and it's purely down to how a person presents themselves.

Weirdos are weirdos, regardless of their 'niche'. It just so happens that these particular groups, tend to attract that, but they'd be the same outside of that context.

Dezner

Actually, I just started playing Clannad two days ago! :eek:

I'm not using anything to help make decisions, I know exactly who to target! :3

MUST CONQUER KYOU! <3

When I last left off, I had lunch with Ryou and she took a grain of rice off of my cheek and ate it herself, then she fled! :(

PillarEN

Important thing is whether or not you watched Haruhi and the movie sequel.

I haven't watched the movie yet. I'm sorry.

7611e28f1119508dfd5e78c2a4510d368efe2aae_hq.gif

They're fine with it, as are people with weeaboos. This is/was never an issue anyway, and it's purely down to how a person presents themselves.

Weirdos are weirdos, regardless of their 'niche'. It just so happens that these particular groups, tend to attract that, but they'd be the same outside of that context.
Ok

inafking

But sometimes you don't know if they're weirdos if they hide their power level...

You can even give signals to real fans if you use subtle references, like logos in T-Shirts and stuff (like I do. Not that I'm a 100% weaboo talking Jap-anish [Japanese and spanish mixed] or doing cosplay).

inafking

But if they hide their powerlevel they aren't weirdos.

Then I'm glad I fit in that category...

Now changing subject: What time do you usually wake up to go to work? (If you work of course)

I've to wake up at 6 AM to arrive about 9:30 in the morning at work. Gotta travel about 80 miles from home. Most jobs (specially software development) are in the capital unfortunately.

So you see I ain't no weaboo without a job living off their parents money.
I still live with my parents though ... (;^_^)
edPTVOD.gif

Top Bottom