• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5th Anniversary K-ON! Community |OT5| Please Don’t Say “You Are Lazy!”

blurr

「野球が好きなの?」 それとも「野球が好きなのかな?」

どっちでもいいけど。多分。orz

すごーい

I could start speaking SPANISH!!!

tumblr_nuxtyrsNJB1rku2gvo1_500.gif

PillarEN

I know some kanji at this point but not enough to make out your google translations. So I'm just going to assume you are all saying something lewd because none of you are as pure as me.
E604B622CBACC53CE2E9B4977B4F7498890CBE94

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I know some kanji at this point but not enough to make out your google translations. So I'm just going to assume you are all saying something lewd because none of you are as pure as me.

My 1st post was a variation of the phrase from Chet's pic.

The 2nd was me asking to be praised more. A phrase I, coincidentally, learn from Yui in K-On. Relevant! XD

blurr

変質者見つけたゾ!:O

reasons why español is better lenguaje than japonés

countries where japanese is official language: one

countries where SPANISH is official language: like over twenty

native speakers of spanish: like over 400 million

native speakers of japanese: like whatever the population of japan is

number of writing systems used for spanish: ONE

number of writing systems used for japanese: THREE (maybe four if you count them using the latin alphabet a lot in the modern days, plus iirc, don't they learn how to write their language in romaji over there)

also the county i live in, as of 2010, 22% of the population speaks spanish

i rest my case :)

That being said, I always love in foreign languages where a one or two word sentence is a lot longer when translated to English.

Like how 'Tienes novia' is 'Do you have a girlfriend' in English.

blurr

enschuldigung sie je mapelle blurr

how was my spaingo :p

on a serious note, I can say mi nombre is varun, como estas and some other words I picked from Dora the Explorer when I was a kid.

blurr

本当に変質者か?嘘が決まってるけど、悪い奴じゃないと思う。

うそと言うより冗談ですよ!やれやれ

inafking

Too bad I'm just at the beggining of my 4 year japanese japanese course to get N3 level. My current level would be like N6 lol. 残念...

inafking

Hablo español, pero no fluidez.

[spanish]¡Pero por lo menos entendiste mi mensaje! ¡Felicitaciones! A veces no lo valoro pero creo que soy afortunado al tener español como mi lengua nativa ya que a mucha gente se le hace difícil por el tema de los artículos (dependen del género y número), verbos irregulares y conjugaciones de verbos que dependen del género o número.[/spanish]

Now in english the same paragraph:

At least you got my message! Congratulations! Sometimes I don't appreciate it but I'm lucky that I have spanish as my native language since a lot of people consider it difficult because of articles (they depend on gender and number), irregular verbs and verb conjugations that depend on gender or number.

I didn't know that there were so many people that speak spanish. Well, at least a big part of South America, Mexico and Spain speak the language.

spanish is easy peasy

now if only duolingo would let me choose my gender

i mean, if i'm a girl, i'd use feminine forms of words when talking about myself, right???

also you didn't know your language is literally third for native speakers

inafking

spanish is easy peasy

now if only duolingo would let me choose my gender

i mean, if i'm a girl, i'd use feminine forms of words when talking about myself, right???

Sth like that. It's not like there's a whole feminine and masculine vocabulary except articles and adjectives. For instance:

Feminine
[spanish]Ella es muy simpática[/spanish] -> She's very nice

Masculine
[spanish]Él es muy simpático[/spanish] -> He's very nice

When you talk about yourself you use "Yo" which means "me" or "I". The gender it's in the adjective (which is in italics)
[spanish]Yo soy muy simpática[/spanish] -> I'm very nice

There are a lot of adjectives that ends in o for the masculine form and a for the feminine form. A similar rule applies for adjectives ended in "án", "ón", "ór", "ete" or "ote":

masculine: haragán
feminine: haragana
translation: lazy

masculine: fanfarrón
feminine: fanfarrona
translation: boastful

masculine: abusador
feminine: abusadora
translation: abusive

masculine: grandote
feminine: grandota
translation: pretty big

masculine: regordete
feminine: regordeta
translation: fat

The rest are spoken the same way for either masculine and feminine forms (for instance: "grande" -> big, fácil -> easy, feliz -> happy)

spanish is great because there's very little capitalization

Yeah, only proper names and after a period.

The large part of spanish dubbing for Latin America is done in México. There are few dubbing works made in Chile though.

Here are some Chilean channels if you wanna practice your hearing
MEGA (the channel logo looks exactly like the Mos Burger's one, LOL)

TVN

Chilevision

Canal 13 (Channel 13)

I can't see them from work though, maybe they have some sort of firewall blocking that kind of stuff. There could be problems for people trying to watch them from another country. I remember I could't watch the on-line signal of many chilean channels while I was in Japan.

inafking

Happy birthday Owly :D

I understand it and speak it but can't write or type it for the life of me.

For me it's totally the opposite for english. I can type or read without much trouble but then I have to listen or speak I always have some sort of problem. When hearing there are many times I miss some words or when speaking sometimes I don't find the proper words to speak so I kind of hesitate.

Gotta practice more!

EDIT: BTW, isn't there some sort of birthday reminder for people in the board? It'd be cool to have groups of friends and to be reminded when it's the birthday of someone in your group.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
うそと言うより冗談ですよ!やれやれ

確かにね、俺は間違えた。orz

For me it's totally the opposite for english. I can type or read without much trouble but then I have to listen or speak I always have some sort of problem. When hearing there are many times I miss some words or when speaking sometimes I don't find the proper words to speak so I kind of hesitate.
I can read and write it Spanish fine, but I have problems hearing it.

Probably because when reading, you can think and remember 'Oh, that word means blah blah blah', but when speaking/listening, you can't really do that.

inafking

I ain't rich!

Maybe they're jealous that you travel twice a year to Japan each year.

The least I can pay for a flight to Japan is about 900 USD. Last time I went there when I met you I paid about 1100 USD and 2 years ago I paid about 1800 USD.

Prices from Norway to Japan should be cheaper I guess.

EDIT: Oh, BTW those are round trip prices

Top Bottom