• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 New Forza Screens on IGN?

aaaaa0

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/682/682857/imgs_1.html

Here's 2.

forza-motorsport-20040728063454327.jpg

forza-motorsport-20040728063452358.jpg

"WOW. Nice looking ground texture!!!"

"Where are the gameplay screens?"

"It's never gonna look like that on your TV. I played it at E3, I know everything."

"Can my driver be killed in this game? It's not realist if I can't be killed..."

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
those look fucking killer. i for one cant wait. the game played like a dream at e3. all it needs is a FFB wheel and i'll cream myself

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
DCX said:
Wow...if anything could compete with GT this is it.

DCX

And all will be pointless if its 30fps...

element

Suikoguy said:
And all will be pointless if its 30fps...
no one cared that GT1/2 weren't 60 fps. Now I think 60 FPS would have been a wise move, but dont say it is crap without at least checking it out.

DCX said:
Wow...if anything could compete with GT this is it.

DCX

It's not even on the same console damnit. And GT is in another league anyway. Any TRUE racing game fans are gonna get GT4 and this I suppose.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
element said:
no one cared that GT1/2 weren't 60 fps. Now I think 60 FPS would have been a wise move, but dont say it is crap without at least checking it out.

GT2 was my favorite racing game, in fact (dont kill me anyone please) i thought the move to 60 fps in GT3 made the game feel less real to me.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
DopeyFish said:
GT2 was my favorite racing game, in fact (dont kill me anyone please) i thought the move to 60 fps in GT3 made the game feel less real to me.

Err.. wow
Thats a new one

Its either early justifaction for Forza, or you just have a seriously screwed up head...

EDIT:

For clarification, real life = unlimited FPS

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
no, seriously. GT3 felt too... floaty, too smooth. imo that is.

and i'm not the only one either :s

Suikoguy

DopeyFish said:
no, seriously. GT3 felt too... floaty, too smooth. imo that is.

and i'm not the only one either :s

Well, you better contact sony for an optional 30fps mode

BeOnEdge

Banned
Littleberu said:
It's not even on the same console damnit. And GT is in another league anyway. Any TRUE racing game fans are gonna get GT4 and this I suppose.

the TRUE racing game fans will be blissfully playing OR2 and BO3. F this realistic sim junk.

element

Any TRUE racing game fans are gonna get GT4 and this I suppose.
TRUE racing fans? GT gives the appearance of a racing sim, but hardly simulation. Forza is more of a sim then GT, but then all the Paparus racing games kill both GT and Forza when it comes to a sim.

I never understood people who own like 10 car racing games.
It's like the same crowd who keeps re-buying Madden every year.

1 sim racer is enough for me. And that one is F355 challenge. :)

Suikoguy

seismologist said:
I never understood people who own like 10 car racing games.
It's like the same crowd who keeps re-buying Madden every year.

1 sim racer is enough for me. And that one is F355 challenge. :)

Its called new tracks/cars better graphics

where's OsamaGT(alphasnake) to instantly write off these screens as craptacular and claim GT 4 as the only true driving game that can possibly exist, like usual? :D

Brosa

Same game? 6 days ago we got pictures looking like this, which I wonder why on earth they released:

forza-motorsport-20040722083419345.jpg

forza-motorsport-20040722083508951.jpg

eso76

element said:

Well, that's because we were not used to 60fps back then, although i used to play a lot of GT hi fi mode.

Anyway, does "60 fps would have been" mean Forza developers are not even trying anymore ? : \

FightyF

Banned
You can fault the color palette, or the textures...BUT NOT THE LIGHTING.

The lighting is absolutely motherf***ing AMAZING!!!

The tree's shadow on the car...OMFG!
The highlights...OMFG!!
The self shadowing from the rear spoiler...OMFG!!!

OMFG!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
I agree that does look pretty damn good.

And why aren't they mentioning anything on the new alledged FF wheel specifically in development for this game?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Be how do you plan on dividing your time between this, OutRun 2 and Burnout 3? :D

By the way how often do you still play RSC2? I want to buy it but can't for like another month :(

BeOnEdge said:
if it moves at 60 this will be the mother of all racers graphically.

Hmm, I wouldn't go THAT far... That honor is going to OR2 or BO 3!

u_neek

Teh next gen gfx (it will NEVER look like this when it's released, just compare GT4 Prologue with the touched-up official screenshots)

Gattsu25

Banned
this is pathetic...but expected

Forza fans mention GT and will eventually get pissed at the thread going off topic....what else is new?

[edit]If you want your threads to stop turning into pissing fights against GT fans, then stop actively comparing the two![/edit]

btw, new desktop GET

[edit]The game really does look amazing, the reflections in particular stand out as top-notch![/edit]

Gregory

Banned
u_neek said:

Teh next gen gfx (it will NEVER look like this when it's released, just compare GT4 Prologue with the touched-up official screenshots)

Exactly. Just like these very early pics of PGR2.

pgr2.2.jpg

pgr2.1.jpg

The game I am playing on my TV certainly doesn`t look as good and detailed as this. The 30fps isn`t helping though, as 30fps always kills graphical detail when in motion making things look blurry.

Forza better be 60fps, or it will just be another PGR2 flop. Atleast in my eyes.

Gregory

Banned
thorns said:
Are you being sarcastic? PGR2 does exactly look like that and with less jaggies..

No, it doesn`t. It looks more like this.

project%20gotham%20wooo_091003_006.jpg

project%20gotham%20wooo_091003_022.jpg

But 30fps is it`s biggest visual detriment, it looks like shit in motion.

gregory is right,
the texture detail of the environment isnt nearly as good in the game,
as in the bizarre released screens. but the game looks good imo...
the only problem is: IT SUCKS. last generation racer >>>> this gen

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, PGR2 really doesn't look all that hot. Great image quality, but it looks bad in motion. I was very unimpressed...

eso76

u_neek said:

Ps2's IQ was never that good to begin with, games often output at sub 640x480 res with visible interlacing and heavy jaggies.
Actually GT3 (haven't seen prologue) was one of the best games on Ps2 IQ wise; not too different from official screenshots at all, in motion. Sure 60fps helped a lot making it look cleaner, but I always wonder what kind of tv sets you use over there.
HDTV ? Plasma ? Lcd ? Dunno, but whatever it is, it really doesn't get along well with videogames.

Anyway, while Ps2 has its issues with IQ the same can't be said for the Xbox, which outputs a much crisper 640x480 image.

As for those PGR2 shots...again what the hell are you using to connect your consoles and to what kind of tv sets ? My copy of PGR2 actually looks better than this (i think these are from an older build; lightning has improved since these pics). I agree that 30 fps made it look blurrier in motion (that's the main reason why i am *totally* against 30fps in supposedly fast moving games) but the IQ wasn't different at all.

thorns

Banned
WTF? at least post screenshots from the same city.. It DOES look very similar and PGR2 DOES look very good.

sim-pgr2-0006.jpg

I can't believe people call PGR2 bad looking out of all games! The only thing the people do about PGR2 and Forza is bitch bitch bitch..

Blimblim

The Inside Track
This is a framebuffer grab of PGR2 I did myself :
1_0009.jpg

I just don't understand how anyone could honestly say PGR2 looks bad. 30 fps is another thing.

Pug

I will tell you one thing if you think PGR2 looks shit in motion you should play Prologue. Yep its smoother (not that I can really tell) but a lot of the tracks look very messy especially NY which shimmers like mad and popup is very evident. PGR2 IMO is the best looking racer to date and the IQ is second to none. Oh it also looks great in motion.

thorns

Banned
Thnx blim, can you post another pic with better jpeg compression /less artifacts from edinburgh? (if you have one)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
thorns said:
Thnx blim, can you post another pic with better jpeg compression /less artifacts from edinburgh? (if you have one)
Sorry, I did that screenshot for a for a small article I wrote to compare a render and the final ingame version. And yes the compression is hideous, wtf was I thinking ?
This render btw :
1_0010.jpg

If still needed I can do that screenshot tonight when I get home.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Pug said:
I will tell you one thing if you think PGR2 looks shit in motion you should play Prologue. Yep its smoother (not that I can really tell) but a lot of the tracks look very messy especially NY which shimmers like mad and popup is very evident. PGR2 IMO is the best looking racer to date and the IQ is second to none. Oh it also looks great in motion.

It has nothing to do with the image quality, textures, or anything similar. The way the cars look as they drive around the track and the way the game actually moves just doesn't look very impressive. GT3 is technically below it, but I still feel that it looks much better in motion.

30 fps is a major part of that, but it has a lot to do with the car physics used for the game.

I dunno, I just wasn't impressed with most of the game. The only thing that WAS impressive was the extremely crisp image quality. It isn't as if the game looks bad from a design standpoint (screens look great and the actual models, textures, and other assets are great), but it just doesn't impress in motion.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
dark10x said:
It has nothing to do with the image quality, textures, or anything similar. The way the cars look as they drive around the track and the way the game actually moves just doesn't look very impressive. GT3 is technically below it, but I still feel that it looks much better in motion.

30 fps is a major part of that, but it has a lot to do with the car physics used for the game.

I dunno, I just wasn't impressed with most of the game. The only thing that WAS impressive was the extremely crisp image quality. It isn't as if the game looks bad from a design standpoint (screens look great and the actual models, textures, and other assets are great), but it just doesn't impress in motion.
I'd go as far as agree that PGR2 looks strange in replays. Rallisport 2 too in fact. There is a weird camera problem that makes the cars look like more like toys in a not totally to scale word. Very hard to explain.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
ourumov said:
It's me or there is no mip-mapping in the MS shot ?
That's one of the main differences from renders to real world shots yes. That and of course antialiasing (in the case of PGR2 antialiasing was not a real issue).
The renders -> in game for PGR2 was certainly the most "honest" I've seen for a Xbox game.

BuG

forza-motorsport-20040722083455108.jpg

There's nothing outstanding with this screenshot, I'm just expressing my approval for the Trueno being in the game. Woo and yay!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
BuG said:
forza-motorsport-20040722083455108.jpg

There's nothing outstanding with this screenshot, I'm just expressing my approval for the Trueno being in the game. Woo and yay!
Another Initial D fan ? I hope there will be a Panda Trueno skin :)

Top Bottom