• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 page FABLE blowout at IGN!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Evil and benevolent opportunities abound at every corner. Take, for example, the wasp head trophy I've won. Right after claiming my prize, I spot three old men sitting on a bench, looking at me in wonder. I display the trophy proudly and they give me props and boost my renown. Then I beat them to death with the trophy

hahahaha

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
"Why don't you decapitate yourself and try that again?" I promptly sliced him up and then shoved my sword through his spine when he was on the ground. And then I burped again.

awesome!

Kon Tiki

Banned
"Bungie, I love you guys, but you may not want to clear a space on your shelf for Game of the Year just yet...."

Halo 2 is coming out in 2006?

I kid I kid, hopefully it will come out soon.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
This game sounds really, really cool -- it's one of the few Xbox games that really make me wish I had the time and the money for the system.

Hopefully the final product turns out just as neat as it all sounds from the previews.

jedimike

That's it... Fable has eclipsed Halo 2 as my most wanted game. I've read three previews and they all say that Fable is worth the hype.

Right after claiming my prize, I spot three old men sitting on a bench, looking at me in wonder. I display the trophy proudly and they give me props and boost my renown. Then I beat them to death with the trophy

I think he must have just got done watching Kill Bill 2... sort of reminds me of the Pai May (sp?) story.

SyNapSe

Holy shit,

Color me surprised if it really does turn out this amazing.

Expressions are handled on the D-Pad and you'll gather dozens of them as your progress through the world of Albion. At first you get just a couple. You can laugh and fart, but you will learn a lot more useful expressions simply by interacting with the world. You'll learn to hit on girls (and guys), make sexy poses, offer a menacing growl, motion for people to follow you, flip the bird, say rude things about people, sneer, chuckle, compliment, and my favorite, the grind, where our hero asks, "Hey, baby, you wanna..." and then begins jack-hammering the air with his hips. Oh yes, this game has it all.

Fable sounds incredible! It's like some wierd clash between Morrowind, GTA, and The Sims..

garrickk

I really, really feel like KoTOR didn't offer incentives compelling enough to pull me to the dark side on my first play through. I did play again to go evil, however.

That said, I can't imagine playing Fable without being a pure devil. There is just too much to screw up to not try...

DopeyFish

one thing that worries me is...

are there multiple endings to the story? I heard molyneux refer to someone evil as a dark hero. Does this mean you just have the one story and no matter what you do in the game, will you end with the same ending?

Mrbob

DopeyFish said:

are there multiple endings to the story? I heard molyneux refer to someone evil as a dark hero. Does this mean you just have the one story and no matter what you do in the game, will you end with the same ending?

I think there are 10 different endings to this game.

Comparing it to Halo 2 already for GOTY makes me cringe somewhat. Plus, it IS a Lionhead studio satellite game which means after four-five hours the game could completely fall apart. I do have it preordered though and am hoping for the best.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DopeyFish said:

that is a good question.... PM has been known for his great starts and shitty finishes

Mrbob

You can go into many houses in Fable and search for items, but taking something is still stealing and if you're caught, you're gonna have some explainin' to do.

Hahaha, you mean I can't go into homes unnounced anymore and loot what I want?

Alex

I'm going to be evil, I swear it. I always, always, always make the good guy decisions in every game, but not this time.

Prine

Banned
They said you can be evil and cool at the same time. As long as your not ruthless, some villagers will actually start to like your sadistic ways.

Mrbob

Alex said:
I'm going to be evil, I swear it. I always, always, always make the good guy decisions in every game, but not this time.

Playing through KOTOR as an evil SOB was a hoot. I sacrificed everyone and everything I could for the glory of power! Evil is the only way to go in Fable!

I will play as Evil. Only, I will always attempt to hide it. I will not be a full-blown evil guy. I will be a deceiver!*

*if i get the game, but it's very likely now.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
bloke said:
It sounds like medieval RPG made for GTA generation. Can't say if it's a good or bad thing.

ooooookkkk.... I can see where you can pull that from.... but I think you might be missing the point... However you are free to feel how you want..

About that preview disk, I preordered Fable with 20$ down at a local EB and they said their policy was to only give the preview disk the day Fable comes out. Is this bullshit and they don't have it or is it simply some EB's and different than others?

LightningZero5 said:
About that preview disk, I preordered Fable with 20$ down at a local EB and they said their policy was to only give the preview disk the day Fable comes out. Is this bullshit and they don't have it or is it simply some EB's and different than others?

I got my preorder disk as soon as they came in at EB. You might want to preorder it there instead.

The frying pan can become the greatest weapon in Fable? That's some funny shit there.

I think I agree with Jedimike. Right now Fable > Halo 2 on my anticipationometer.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Prine said:
They said you can be evil and cool at the same time. As long as your not ruthless, some villagers will actually start to like your sadistic ways.
Then I shall name my avatar Jake "The Snake" Roberts.

Mrbob

I think it is safe to say Xbox >>> All other consoles in anticipation factor with game releases this fall.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, it does sound excellent in the preview...but there are some things I am worried about.

The world sounds cool, but how big is it really? Are there load points between a lot of areas?

I'd really like to see a Morrowind-like world to explore, but I'm afraid it will be broken up and limited like KOTOR (which bothered me).

DopeyFish

it won't be as open as morrowind (road signs i guess indicate load points) and it's won't be as restrictive as KOTOR.

Someone said Fables world is about 8 square km or something. meaning it could possibly take you about 20-30 hours to just SEE the entire landscape... unless of course they exaggerated speeds and sizes a bit.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I'm worried the quests, the "meat" of the game, will be pretty unfocused and dull, while at the same time, there's a lot you can do in the world... so like the GTA games, it's all fun and everyone loves their freedom, but when it comes down to advancing the story, it'll be more of a chore than anything, and so many people will spend time lopping people's heads off that they'll forget there's a game in there.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
djtiesto said:
I'm worried the quests, the "meat" of the game, will be pretty unfocused and dull, while at the same time, there's a lot you can do in the world... so like the GTA games, it's all fun and everyone loves their freedom, but when it comes down to advancing the story, it'll be more of a chore than anything, and so many people will spend time lopping people's heads off that they'll forget there's a game in there.
That's a reservation of mine, too. There are a lot of cool-sounding details we keep hearing about, but will they all add up to make something resembling a game, let alone a good one? I wouldn't want to pay $50 (assuming I had an Xbox) to smack some people around and make suggestive movements to women if there wasn't some kind of redeeming underlying point to it all.

Top Bottom