• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

LiK

Nishastra said:
Do you mean the Clover one or all the others? :p

The Clover one is from the Japanese character poll article that was posted somewhere.

Here's all of those pictures. I don't think these are full size, though, as I was able to find a bigger version of the Clover picture out there.

no, not Clover! the purple hair girl :lol

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Just got this game and I'm worried I might have a defective copy. Without being too spoilery, i got out of the initial room, ran into the others and the antagonist started speaking on the load speaker. Decided this would be a good time to save so I hit start, picked save, only every time it said "couldn't save." When I had tried to save in the first room, same thing but I figured maybe I couldn't for some reason. Now what. I'm not playing any further if I have to start this all over and hope I can reformat a save file. Is this an issue for anyone else?

Tricky I Shadow said:
Shadow Red - I like your avatar! You or someone else should really make an avatar like your one for all 9 characters!
Thanks, Tricky. I made the rest for everyone. First come, first served and I got my Clover already.

qx9myr.jpg
2m2vod3.jpg
24q095y.jpg
wv77k1.jpg
6ymz5z.jpg
8wm6aq.jpg
skxg77.jpg
282dz6c.jpg
33d9irm.jpg

AniHawk said:
There's just a picture of someone in Hotel Dusk who's a character (not a family member of the main character) in Trace Memory. That's it.
There's apparently something in Another Code R too, but I haven't played it yet so I don't know what it is.

truly101 said:
Just got this game and I'm worried I might have a defective copy. Without being too spoilery, i got out of the initial room, ran into the others and the antagonist started speaking on the load speaker. Decided this would be a good time to save so I hit start, picked save, only every time it said "couldn't save." When I had tried to save in the first room, same thing but I figured maybe I couldn't for some reason. Now what. I'm not playing any further if I have to start this all over and hope I can reformat a save file. Is this an issue for anyone else?

Did you buy it used? I once bought a used GBA game that couldn't save and it turned out to be a bootlegged/pirate copy (whatever the terminology is.) With more information maybe we can help.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Shadow Red said:
Thanks, Tricky. I made the rest for everyone. First come, first served and I got my Clover already.

qx9myr.jpg
2m2vod3.jpg
24q095y.jpg
wv77k1.jpg
6ymz5z.jpg
8wm6aq.jpg
skxg77.jpg
282dz6c.jpg
33d9irm.jpg
On a whim, I decided to quickly slap this together in a few min:

vVffd.png

There's not a lot of material out there to work with.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Shadow Red said:

qx9myr.jpg
2m2vod3.jpg
24q095y.jpg
wv77k1.jpg
6ymz5z.jpg
8wm6aq.jpg
skxg77.jpg
282dz6c.jpg
33d9irm.jpg
Man, I want one, but I've been threatened multiple times if I ever change this avatar :p
Looks like I'll have to shop something in.

AniHawk

The_Technomancer said:
Man, I want one, but I've been threatened multiple times if I ever change this avatar :p
Looks like I'll have to shop something in.

I on the other hand, have discovered that no one has ever acted on their threats.

The Technomancer

AniHawk said:
I on the other hand, have discovered that no one has ever acted on their threats.
NOOOO ANIHAWK, how will I instantly recognize a thread with your posts in it while scrolling at high speed and not bothering to read any of them? Its going to take me like...three whole days to get use to this, ugh.

AniHawk

Hyunkel6 said:
NOOOO ANIHAWK, how will I instantly recognize a thread with your posts in it while scrolling at high speed and not bothering to read any of them? Its going to take me like...three whole days to get use to this, ugh.

I was thinking of changing it back to the Great Red Dragon from Bone again anyway.

Korigama

Shadow Red said:

6ymz5z.jpg

I'd like this one, if possible. Thank you very much.

Late edit, but finished the true ending earlier tonight, having seen all of the endings at this point. To be honest, in regards to the true ending,
I honestly wish Ace actually died in that one, preferably as he did in the safe ending (minus anyone else dying with him). Seriously, I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of many villains so ceaselessly revolting...seeing that sick bastard killed off for good would've been a lot more cathartic.

I’ve got the
Coffin Ending
but not the
Safe Ending
yet. But I’m curious, is it possible to get the
Coffin Ending
if you already got the
Safe Ending?

AniHawk

Adam Blade said:
I’ve got the
Coffin Ending
but not the
Safe Ending
yet. But I’m curious, is it possible to get the
Coffin Ending
if you already got the
Safe Ending?

Nope.

Tricky I Shadow said:
Wow, that must suck for some people that will have one square still being a question mark.

I believe both question marks are replaced when you get the true ending regardless of whether you got the coffin one beforehand.

Nishastra

Banned
BaronLundi said:
I believe both question marks are replaced when you get the true ending regardless of whether you got the coffin one beforehand.
Yes, as I found. If you don't already have the coffin one, you automatically get it when you get the true end.

Korigama said:
Late edit, but finished the true ending earlier tonight, having seen all of the endings at this point. To be honest, in regards to the true ending,
I honestly wish Ace actually died in that one, preferably as he did in the safe ending (minus anyone else dying with him). Seriously, I'm honestly having a hard time thinking of many villains so ceaselessly revolting...seeing that sick bastard killed off for good would've been a lot more cathartic.
While I wouldn't mind
Ace being killed off, I do like how they treated him in the true end, tied up in the back of the car with tape over his mouth. Especially how Junpei kept re-taping him :p

Well I just completed my first play through, and obviously I got the bad end. I was devastated, because I was so nice... Anyway, how do I go about getting other ends? This is my first time playing a game like this, so I'm not sure how it works. When the game was done, I was back at the front screen and I didnt what to choose. with memories or continue.

LiK

Infernodash said:
Well I just completed my first play through, and obviously I got the bad end. I was devastated, because I was so nice... Anyway, how do I go about getting other ends? This is my first time playing a game like this, so I'm not sure how it works. When the game was done, I was back at the front screen and I didnt what to choose. with memories or continue.
Choose continue.

Nishastra

Banned
There is none, in that situation. One is "Load" and the other is "New Game", but if your save is a just-completed-the-game one, they have the same effect.

pslong009

Neo Member
Shadow Red said:

33d9irm.jpg

Yoink!

Thanks for the suggestions re: similar games. Already played through most of the AA games (hadn't really considered them to be in the same genre as this, but I guess they are), just missing out on Apollo Justice. I'll have to find Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory.

LiK

pslong009 said:
Yoink!

Thanks for the suggestions re: similar games. Already played through most of the AA games (hadn't really considered them to be in the same genre as this, but I guess they are), just missing out on Apollo Justice. I'll have to find Hotel Dusk and Trace Memory.
Did you play Miles Edgeworth? I loved that as well.

Belisarius

Neo Member
The_Technomancer said:
I've been meaning to shop a 999 character into my avatar, but I still haven't reinstalled my Photoshop after the recent drive wipe...
technomancer_clover.gif

Also, I'm sure you get this all the time, but your avatar is the best.

pslong009

Neo Member
Tuesday said:
technomancer_clover.gif

Wow. That is fantastic.

LiK said:
Did you play Miles Edgeworth? I loved that as well.

Yep, loved that one too. Not sure which I'm looking forward to more: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, or Miles Edgeworth 2. Probably whichever one gets localized first. :lol

LiK

pslong009 said:
Yep, loved that one too. Not sure which I'm looking forward to more: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney, or Miles Edgeworth 2. Probably whichever one gets localized first. :lol

probably Miles Edgeworth 2. i fear localization with any Layton title will take a while. ^^;;;

but yea, check out Apollo Justice too, my least fave AA game but still great.

The Technomancer

Tuesday said:
technomancer_clover.gif

Ah damnit, if only I had checked in here before spending an hour shopping mine!
MVb2g.gif

I'm going to use yours though, I like it a lot better. Thanks man!

XiaNaphryz

Once all the avatars are claimed, Anihawk should reply in a thread and then #2 should follow, then #3, etc. ;P

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
slaughterking said:
I wonder why I can't order the game from videogamesplus. Is it OOP already?

It's not out of print ;) It may be out of stock there.

We're sold out as well, but our re-order should be arriving any day now. So any retailers that want to replenish their stock can order it from us once more :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
slaughterking said:
I wonder why I can't order the game from videogamesplus. Is it OOP already?

I'm looking to buy it too, first few places I looked were sold out :\

Akselziys said:
It's not out of print ;) It may be out of stock there.

We're sold out as well, but our re-order should be arriving any day now. So any retailers that want to replenish their stock can order it from us once more :D
Ah, I see. I better ask VGplus to get some of those copies, then.

Belisarius

Neo Member
The_Technomancer said:
Ah damnit, if only I had checked in here before spending an hour shopping mine!
MVb2g.gif

I'm going to use yours though, I like it a lot better. Thanks man!
lha2N.gif

Updated to the best of both worlds!

And nice work with the bracelet, btw.

XiaNaphryz

LiK said:
Fuck, wish I had a cool animated avatar so I can add an animated June into it. :lol
June doesn't have any Clover-level-of-awesome animations though.

There's only so many variations of blush-headturn-blush-surprise-blush you can do. ;P

The Technomancer

Tuesday said:
technomancer_clover.gif

Updated to the best of both worlds!

And nice work with the bracelet, btw.
How are you doing that so fast? I mean, I've got a version that I split apart into layers to allow me to put stuff at different depths, but are you just placing her in each frame and erasing the overlap? Or some special cool trick that I should be learning?

Top Bottom