• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Nishastra said:
I want a laughing-Seven animated GIF to respond to this with.

I have one, but it's not animated XD;

seven5.png

How much does the Game+Watch bundle sell for on Aksys's store? I found a local GS that has it in stock and I don't think I can wait any longer to buy it. :lol

Salsa

Bought this.

Right into the backlog though, its gonna be hard since when im probably done with what im playing right now i'll have Ghost Trick in my hands :p

I promise im gonna play it right after that.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Big Papa Husker said:
How much does the Game+Watch bundle sell for on Aksys's store? I found a local GS that has it in stock and I don't think I can wait any longer to buy it. :lol

I believe the bundle was $36.99? (but don't quote me on that :lol )

We should be re-stocked and selling it again sometime next week :D

You guys and your awesome avatars...I lol'd so hard. Someone gotta do a gif of Lotus typing. One where she's smiling and the other that looks like ><

Just got the
Axe Ending,
and....wow....

Firstly, why would they agree to
go into door 2 when most of them knew that two 9 doors existed?
In this explained or am I just missing something here?

Secondly. So now I’m assuming it was
Ace who killed Lotus and Junpei in the Knife Ending. But why? The reaming people’s digital root wouldn’t equal 9...

Thirdly. Clover
had the axe tucked in her back and I’m assuming the '0' bracelet in her front pocket......but it looked like more was stuffed in her pocket?

And lastly, yet again it’s mentioned that
all you need is a bracelet to open up a numbered door.
Just what the hell is going on? My brain is gonna explode.

Edit: I skipped the text, but for the
Axe Ending did it actually show the axe next to the corpse?
Or was that part taken out? I'm sure it was taken out.......

LiK

Tricky I Shadow said:
Just got the
Axe Ending,
and....wow....

Ace who killed Lotus and Junpei in the Knife Ending. But why? The reaming people’s digital root wouldn’t equal 9...

Thirdly. Clover
had the axe tucked in her back and I’m assuming the '0' bracelet in her front pocket......but it looked like more was stuffed in her pocket?

the
axe
was there, iirc.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Tricky I Shadow said:
Just got the
Axe Ending,
and....wow....

Thirdly. Clover

Firstly,
Clover convinces them that its a good idea to wrap up any loose ends, just so they don't somehow get screwed over

Secondly
No comment. Can I ask why you think that though?

Thirdly
Mmm, no, I'm pretty sure it was just the bracelet in there

Lastly
That's important, if you give some thought to some stuff...

LiK said:
the
axe
was there, iirc.

Oh really? Then wouldn’t Junpei have known it was the
axe
she had? I mean come on now! :lol

And are all my other questions gonna be answered, or have I missed some stuff? No spoilers!

LiK

Tricky I Shadow said:
axe

And are all my other questions gonna be answered, or have I missed some stuff? No spoilers!

haha, believe it or not, i didn't remember it either at the time when
she was running away with that axe handle sticking out
. i wasn't expecting that ending at all so yea, it's possible to not figure out. :)

iammeiam

Tricky I Shadow said:
axe

That was the first ending I got, and when that happened I was very pissed off at Junpei for not realizing
the mysterious handle was the freaking axe
(it was the first time I'd seen him do something that stupid), so I'm pretty sure it's explicitly shown at one point or another.

jaxword

Tricky I Shadow said:
Just got the
Axe Ending,
and....wow....

Thirdly. Clover

1. They were convinced by the killer to do a quick check just in case.

2. The killer there had already killed other people and likely didn't want any witnesses.

3. That's just a graphical limitation, as the "pockets full" picture stays the same regardless of what is in them in the different endings.

4. Think back to the beginning and how everyone learned the "only" way to open the doors. Think about who told them this and their motivations.

The_Technomancer said:
Firstly,
Clover convinces them that its a good idea to wrap up any loose ends, just so they don't somehow get screwed over

Secondly
No comment. Can I ask why you think that though?

Thirdly
Mmm, no, I'm pretty sure it was just the bracelet in there

Lastly
That's important, if you give some thought to some stuff...

Well yeah.....I suppose it just striked me as really weird that no one even mentioned that they
found two 9 doors.
Surely I'm not the only one who thought that was odd?

And I think it was
Ace who killed Lotus and Junpei because Ace "wanted to show something important" to Lotus. And "Junpei will be next".
I'm probably way off though....

And in
Clover's front pockets it looked like she had 2 bulges? At first I thought it was the 3, 6 and 7 bracelets too,
but that's obviously impossible after thinking about it...

And LiK....I suppose you're right. I knew that the ending I was getting involved
an Axe,
so it would have been much less obvious to people who were not expecting it. :lol

LiK

Tricky I Shadow said:
And LiK....I suppose you're right. I knew that the ending I was getting involved
an Axe,
so it would have been much less obvious to people who were not expecting it. :lol

yea, you dunno how fucking creeped out i was by that ending. i couldn't sleep. :lol

hamchan

Played this for a couple of hours and finding it extremely good, the story is absolutely fascinating.

Sad to say I got stuck on the first room because I didn't look everywhere :(

LiK

hamchan said:
Played this for a couple of hours and finding it extremely good, the story is absolutely fascinating.

Sad to say I got stuck on the first room because I didn't look everywhere :(

the first room is actually a really good tutorial for what to expect for the rest of the puzzles. too bad you need to replay it every time you start again. :(

jaxword

Tricky I Shadow said:
And I think it was
Ace who killed Lotus and Junpei because Ace "wanted to show something important" to Lotus. And "Junpei will be next".
I'm probably way off though....

No, that's exactly the clue as to who the killer was. Think about why the killer would need to "talk" to that person and their bracelet.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Tricky I Shadow said:
I’m currently half way through the
Safe Ending
......holy shit......so many questions answered! AMAZING! **goes back to reading**
Wait til you actually get through the true ending. ;P

Korigama

Gomu Gomu said:
Fuck this game. It's messing with my head. I had to stop playing & take a rest from it at one point.

Understandable (not at all healthy for anyone to attempt to marathon this). Depending on the ending I got, I usually had to wait a day before I was ready to go back to it, be it due to tension, depression, disbelief, or some combination of the three.

Roto13

Finished this a while ago but I never got around to posting my impressions!

- This game didn't need five endings. Three of them are totally unsatisfying and make me feel like I played through the game wrong.
Which I guess is kind of the point, thinking about the true ending and the fact that the Nonary Game was only put on with the hopes of reaching one specific conclusion.

- The writing is ok but sometimes it gets really long-winded and just repeats stuff I already knew.

-
I need to know why Lotus was dressed like a whore.

-
The mummy thing was weird.

- Fast forwarding through text in repeat playthroughs was a good idea but it still took too long. I would have liked to have been able to make it go even faster or just skip it entirely.

- The puzzles are not fun the second time you do them. I would have liked the option to skip those too.

-
I was glad the 9th man died because I could tell right away he would have gotten on my nerves.
:p

- Some of those twists were incredibly awesome.
Especially ones involving numbers.

- June and Junpei
talking about getting wet in the elevator
was incredibly funny.

- It's unsettling when my DS drops f-bombs.

- Most of the puzzles were pretty cool, though a few were really annoying.

-
The safe ending was really cool and the true ending was pretty great too, though there's something silly about going through all of that and manipulating someone into murdering three people so you could do a sudoku puzzle for a little girl. (Also it's funny that the game never actually refers to it as a sudoku puzzle like it knows something I do on my DS when I'm sitting on the toilet is kind of anti-climactic.)

- I liked all of the characters except the 9th man, so that's cool.

Overall, I'm happy with this game, but even though I've played my other visual novel games multiple times, I will probably never go back to this once since it forced me to memorize the answers to most of the puzzles.

AniHawk

Roto13 said:
Wow, after getting my second ending the story took a huge leap in awesomeness. I hope the posts in this thread didn't ruin the ending.

I've been kinda spoiling one of the twists for days now, but no one's noticed. Or, well, they have, but they didn't know what it was in reference to, or that it was a reference at all.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Wow, after getting my second ending the story took a huge leap in awesomeness. I hope the posts in this thread didn't ruin the ending.
Yeah, thats exactly how I feel. After my first ending: "Hm, that was...pretty good. I'll keep playing to see what all the fuss was about"
Second ending: "holy shit Ihavetoseewherethisisgoing!"

Roto13

AniHawk said:
Roto13 said:
I've been kinda spoiling one of the twists for days now, but no one's noticed. Or, well, they have, but they didn't know what it was in reference to, or that it was a reference at all.
How did you manage to attribute that quote to me? :p

AniHawk

Top Bottom