• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

IronRinn

Belisarius said:
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that we got more stock of 999, so we're selling the watch + game bundle again. If you want, you can pick it up here: http://li.brari.us/buy999

How serendipitous! Just read the OP and went looking for it just to find it sold out everywhere. Hit up the last page and hey, I can get the game and the watch? Order placed! Can't wait for this one.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
IronRinn said:
How serendipitous! Just read the OP and went looking for it just to find it sold out everywhere. Hit up the last page and hey, I can get the game and the watch? Order placed! Can't wait for this one.

Everything is going according to keikaku ;)
haha jk

Enjoy the game and the watch! :D

LiK

Big Papa Husker said:
Awesome! I just ordered a copy. How long will it take to ship? I'm really looking forward to playing the game. :D
They ship next day usually and I got it in a day or two. Very quick.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Big Papa Husker said:
Awesome! I just ordered a copy. How long will it take to ship? I'm really looking forward to playing the game. :D

Usually ships the following day via USPS and will arrive within 3-5 business days depending where you live :) (Maybe sooner if you're close by XD)

Belisarius

Neo Member
ShockingAlberto said:
Just got a third ending and the game is just kind of depressing me at this point.

It gets better! Well, more or less.

Also, completely off topic I know, but your username always makes me smile. It's hard to find fellow Giant Robo fans.

Hey, the person I voted for got #1! That's quite shocking to me. Though, going into the game I did not think Snake would end up my favorite character.

Here's how I would rank all nine characters, spoilered for no apparent reason:

1. Snake
2. June
3. Clover
4. Lotus
5. Junpei
6. Ace
7. Seven
8. Santa
9. 9th Man

Just picked this up over Ghost Trick ( I asked the girl at gamestop if she had it and she looked hard for it so I'd feel like a dick if I didn't get it...) so hope it's good but I needed a game with a great story so here's hoping.

awwwwaaaaay

Belisarius said:
So we had a character poll a bit ago, as you undoubtedly know, and now it's over and you can see the results! Here, in fact: http://li.brari.us/pollresults Also I made a cat picture.

Not a bad outcome. Here are my favourite characters in order:

9. 9th Man
8. Ace
7. Santa
6. Snake
5. Seven
4. Clover
3. Junpei
2. June
1. Lotus

Honestly, all of them are great characters! A fantastic cast! :D

Decided to resume my playthrough from a few months ago before amir0x picks it up and ruins the thread. Just got to the part where
9th guy got raped or something (haven't checked yet) behind the 5 door near the beginning.
This may just be due to my difficulty in registering anything that isn't dialogue, but I feel the need to stop every 10 minutes or so. What's the general consensus on when things start to pick up?

Also, how easy is it to fuck things up and do you have to replay the entire game again if you get a bad end or can you just go back to a previous save?

Volcynika

cosmicblizzard said:
Decided to resume my playthrough from a few months ago before amir0x picks it up and ruins the thread. Just got to the part where
9th guy got raped or something behind the 5 door near the beginning.
This may just be due to my difficulty in registering anything that isn't dialogue, but I feel the need to stop every 10 minutes or so. What's the general consensus on when things start to pick up?

Also, how easy is it to fuck things up and do you have to replay the entire game again if you get a bad end or can you just go back to a previous save?

Only one save file. Once you save, you'd have to restart the game if you feel you chose poorly.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
cosmicblizzard said:
9th guy got raped or something (haven't checked yet) behind the 5 door near the beginning.

It started to pick up for me on the second playthrough unfortunately. It gets decent once you get inside the first door, and awesome on repeats.

cosmicblizzard said:
9th guy got raped or something behind the 5 door near the beginning.

I'll just say that you don't want to avoid getting bad endings - each ending will add to your understanding of the characters and provide increasing hints as to what is really going on. In fact, I would advise getting the worst endings first since they present mysteries which better endings solve.

As far as pacing, I felt like it was intense from the beginning and didn't really let go, so I'm not sure I can comment on that. Certainly there are a lot of exciting events that happen around the time you finish the second set of doors, so maybe you'll feel that things pick up there.

Okay cool. Not sure if I really want to play this multiple times yet unless it's short, so I'm just gonna do my own thing on the first playthrough. If I like it, I'll go back and do the rest.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
cosmicblizzard said:
Okay cool. Not sure if I really want to play this multiple times yet unless it's short, so I'm just gonna do my own thing on the first playthrough. If I like it, I'll go back and do the rest.
Replays go really quickly since you can fast-forward through all the text you've already seen. You'll still have to play through the puzzles, but they should go a lot quicker once you know the solution.

Nishastra

Banned
If you're not playing it multiple times, you're not really playing it at all, considering how much you can't possibly learn the first time through :p

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
cosmicblizzard said:
What the guy two above me said, and you really need the replays to get the full story. Its...hard to explain, but its significantly different from any kind of New Game + you've done before.

Docpan

Instead of having the game fast-forward through conversations/text that I've already read on previous playthroughs like a vcr, why isn't there an option to just skip the scene straight to the dialogue choice or puzzle? Especially around playthrough #3, this starts to get old.

I'm not even sure I like the game right now. If it hasn't grabbed me even a little by the end of the first playthrough, I'm not gonna start another one. Did that with Nier and ended up disappointed.

Finding this more interesting though, so it's likely I will play it again.

Roto13

cosmicblizzard said:

How can you possibly hear that man scream and then just stop playing? Really.
There's only one save file so going back to a previous save isn't going to be an option, especially if you only play it for ten minutes at a time. You can skip all of the text you've already read in repeat playthroughs.

If you're so bored with it that
hearing someone explode
doesn't keep you interested enough to play for two more minutes, though, this might not be the game for you.

EDIT: I'm slow.

Docpan: I definitely agree that you should be able to just skip to untouched content and choices.

cosmicblizzard said:

If by then your attention was not grabbed, this probably isn't a game for you. Not every gamer will like every game.

Personally I was glued to the screen the moment the window in the prologue room broke and water was filling the room. I remember clicking on something and the description of the water level rising came up. I was scared I was gonna die right then and there. ;_;

Roto13

diablopanqueque said:
If by then your attention was not grabbed, this probably isn't a game for you. Not every gamer will like every game.

Personally I was glued to the screen the moment the window in the prologue room broke and water was filling the room. I remember clicking on something and the description of the water level rising came up. I was scared I was gonna die right then and there. ;_;
When I played the demo I was like "Oh, crap, it's one of those games where I have to solve the puzzle within a time limit? Fuck that." But then I realized the water wasn't actually rising no matter what I did. :p

otmane

GAF you did it again!
I decided not to buy any games this month and I felt into the GAF hype (well WAHP helped too...) and imported the game from the US as I cannot wait for it to be announced for Europe!

Top Bottom