• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

Salsa

Oh snap!

English it is then :D

btw, that's too bad. Hearing how great the game is, it should appeal to a bigger audience!

Just finished the game.

omgwhat

I was really really glad the developers showed restraint in keeping unnecessarily weird bullshit out, but they let it seep in at the end. Oh well, it was a fun mystery up until then when it introduced things with information you could not possibly be aware of until then. Overall, I liked it.

I am glad I got to beat the game and post in this thread before it inevitably gets ruined by, erm, the usual suspects.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
SalsaShark said:
Oh snap!

English it is then :D

btw, that's too bad. Hearing how great the game is, it should appeal to a bigger audience!
Yeah...but...this is literally a visual novel. Translating into an entire spectrum of languages would be a mammoth undertaking for someone like Aksys.

LiK

ShockingAlberto said:
Just finished the game.

omgwhat

I was really really glad the developers showed restraint in keeping unnecessarily weird bullshit out, but they let it seep in at the end. Oh well, it was a fun mystery up until then when it introduced things with information you could not possibly be aware of until then. Overall, I liked it.

I am glad I got to beat the game and post in this thread before it inevitably gets ruined by, erm, the usual suspects.

join us in spoilers thread if you wanna go full out with any theories! :D

The_Technomancer said:
Yeah...but...this is literally a visual novel. Translating into an entire spectrum of languages would be a mammoth undertaking for someone like Aksys.

SI!

zethren

Banned
Just got the ending where
everyone dies.....
... I assume that's the worst ending....lol

Dang, gonna have to redo this one a few more times. Awesome game though, very engaging.

Salsa

The_Technomancer said:

Yep.

Too bad :(

Hope they get to do something like that in future projects!

Roto13

RedSwirl said:
It's a visual novel. That's what they basically are - choose-your-own adventure books printed on a game disc (or in this case a card). It's probably a minor miracle this game got localized at all.
I'm not complaining. I'm just saying it's mostly a book.

zethren

Banned
XiaNaphryz said:
Which one? :p

There are multiple...? lol Dang.

9th man dead at the beginning, Snake disappeared and found dead in a stall, Santa, Ace and Clover found dead on the stairs towards the end, Seven and Lotus found dead outside the room with the sub, June dies in Junpei's arms in the sub room and then gets hit from behind and falls into the water. Didn't find out who the culprit is...

I'm not really sure I suppose, but I'm really certain that has to be the worst possible ending...haha

LiK

zethren said:
There are multiple...? lol Dang.

9th man dead at the beginning, Snake disappeared and found dead in a stall, Santa, Ace and Clover found dead on the stairs towards the end, Seven and Lotus found dead outside the room with the sub, June dies in Junpei's arms in the sub room and then gets hit from behind and falls into the water. Didn't find out who the culprit is...

I'm not really sure I suppose, but I'm really certain that has to be the worst possible ending...haha

i dont consider that the worst but many guys disagree here with me.

zethren

Banned
LiK said:

Holy cow, that actually excites me to find out what the worst ending is then...haha. I'm definitely going to have fun hunting for each of the other endings.

Tricky I Shadow said:
Who likes my new avatar? :D

Haha, that's awesome.

LiK said:
i think you stole Adam Blade's request :lol

junpei_dwi.gif

RedSwirl

Yeah I just looked up an ending flowchart. I only rented this game because I don't have the time or money to shimmy it in with the rest of my schedule.

You have to beat the game at least twice to get the true ending - you have to get one specific ending first, then go on a specific path to get the true ending. I think I'm a puzzle away from getting the
"safe"
ending. Luckily they let you skip over text you've already passed on subsequent rounds.

LiK said:
save that for Adam ^

Will do! But seriously....he didn’t actually specially request the avatar. He just wanted Tuesday to make him one.

If he really wants the one I took I suppose I’ll let him have it. Tuesday should keep on making more avatars! :D

LiK

Tricky I Shadow said:
Will do! But seriously....he didn’t actually specially request the avatar. He just wanted Tuesday to make him one.

If he really wants the one I took I suppose I’ll let him have it. Tuesday should keep on making more avatars! :D

he's pretty quick with the avatars, my request was done in MINUTES!

SalsaShark said:
Damn i read zethren's post before he fixed the spoiler tag >_<

oh well.. guess its no biggie ?

It's only one of the endings, but he should've been more careful.

The game really gets better with every ending you get, so keep enjoying it anyway :D

LiK

SalsaShark said:
Damn i read zethren's post before he fixed the spoiler tag >_<

oh well.. guess its no biggie ?

not sure what you read but they're big plot points. just erase them from your mind.

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
That sounds pretty ominous, am I led to believe that this game had a pretty low run then? :l

yea, try gamestop too. if all else fails, check amazon or aksys store.

Salsa

LiK said:
not sure what you read but they're big plot points. just erase them from your mind.

Read the bad ending

(or apparently one of them)

I dont know anything about how/why/when it happens though, so yeah

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
RedSwirl said:
Yeah I just looked up an ending flowchart. I only rented this game because I don't have the time or money to shimmy it in with the rest of my schedule.

You have to beat the game at least twice to get the true ending - you have to get one specific ending first, then go on a specific path to get the true ending. I think I'm a puzzle away from getting the
"safe"
ending. Luckily they let you skip over text you've already passed on subsequent rounds.
Skipping the other endings though really limits your experience, since everything is tied together in some way.

LiK

SalsaShark said:
Read the bad ending

(or apparently one of them)

I dont know anything about how/why/when it happens though, so yeah

oh, well, not too big. you won't know what ending you're gonna get anyway.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
XiaNaphryz said:
Skipping the other endings though really limits your experience, since everything is tied together in some way.
Agreed. If you only do the required, you're going to miss out on a significant part of the story, and then wonder why we're all raving about it. The ending is nothing without the context and previous experiences.

LiK

The_Technomancer said:
Agreed. If you only do the required, you're going to miss out on a significant part of the story, and then wonder why we're all raving about it. The ending is nothing without the context and previous experiences.

definitely, probably one of the few games where a wiki or youtube walkthrough will give you nothing without repeated playthroughs and getting all the endings. very unique experience.

XiaNaphryz said:
Only in context!

Eh,
I began to suspect her the second I saw her thanks to your avatar. I didn't think she was 0 or anything, but the second her brother died, I was positive she was gonna go insane.
No big though :)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
cosmicblizzard said:
Eh,
I began to suspect her the second I saw her thanks to your avatar. I didn't think she was 0 or anything, but the second her brother died, I was positive she was gonna go insane.
No big though :)
Not really a spoiler in the grand scheme of things. Keep playing! ;P

hipgnosis

Help me out guys! I'm stuck:
So I am at the Library. I have replaced those lightbulbs already and I have three books. I think I an supposed to place the books to the stands under those lights, but I can't do this! What am I doing wrong?

Korigama

LiK said:

Definitely the worst one for me, at least
(seriously, I wanted to cry, and the music didn't help)
. Not that the
ax or safe
endings were any picnic for their own reasons, though. Either way, each of those endings meant no more 999 for me the rest of the day when I first saw them.

hipgnosis said:
Help me out guys! I'm stuck:
So I am at the Library. I have replaced those lightbulbs already and I have three books. I think I an supposed to place the books to the stands under those lights, but I can't do this! What am I doing wrong?

Did you check the message in the middle? You should be able to do so once you have all three lightbulbs and all three books

hipgnosis

Korigama said:
Did you check the message in the middle? You should be able to do so once you have all three lightbulbs and all three books
Yeah I checked the middle too. I figured I had to use search on the books to open them up, before placing them. I've never used that command up to this point.
Feel pretty stupid now. :lol

Korigama

hipgnosis said:
Yeah I checked the middle too. I figured I had to use search on the books to open them up, before placing them. I've never used that command up to this point.
Feel pretty stupid now. :lol

Really? Hm.
You missed out on a lot of the best dialogue if you haven't tried search every chance you could (checking the same object in an environment multiple times often yielded surprises as well).

Top Bottom