• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

masterkajo

I just played the beginning of the game after a friend recommended it to me. I just got a red key and then a flashback happend and I couldn't take it any more. I havn't done anything yet except click so the text advances. Will it continune this way or will there be more gameplay and less reading? (I hate it if on the bottom screen is reads "he woke up and wondered where he was" and on the top screen he asks "I wonder where I am" ... really???)

masterkajo said:
I just played the beginning of the game after a friend recommended it to me. I just got a red key and then a flashback happend and I couldn't take it any more. I havn't done anything yet except click so the text advances. Will it continune this way or will there be more gameplay and less reading? (I hate it if on the bottom screen is reads "he woke up and wondered where he was" and on the top screen he asks "I wonder where I am" ... really???)
Uhh...do you even know the kind of game you bought? Of course there's going to a lot of reading. It's a visual novel/text adventure.

masterkajo said:

Eh, yeah, this might not be the game for you then. There's a lot of reading, especially when you get out of the room you're in. Try to hang in there until the next puzzle area, and if it hasn't grabbed you by then, just bail out.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
pelicansurf said:
I've been playing this game and I love it so far. The music, the sounds, the writing, THE PUZZLES. MMMMMMM. So great. I've gotten the knife, axe, coffin, and submarine endings so far and have loved every minute of it. My theory's
that it has to be June. When they talk about their past, when she finds all the dead rabbits or whatever they are and junpei comes help with the stakeouts yet they find NOTHING. Bitch is guilty. All the endings Ive gotten have hinted to the fact that everyone's guilty but simultaneously that nobody's guilty; so I'm going after the most innocent of the bunch. Not too worried because I'm sure Clover will roll up and kill her; so everything'll be cool. I'm sure Santa knows too, that's why he would take her at gunpoint. Cradle Pharmaceutical will sneak in there because they just keep mentioning and it FEELS like people have a bad taste in their mouths whenever they do talk about it
. Can't peel myself out of this game. So good. Can't wait to finish it!
I got end of the page'd and wanted to see if my theory's any good.

ASIS

To whoever says "mysterious stories will always lead up to a disappointing ending (ala Lost)" Should really pick this game up. I have never been satisfied by an ending as much as this (maybe FFX though). Awesome, incredible, I loved every single minute of this game. Can't wait for more titles from the same creators!

Hylian7

masterkajo said:
Just keep playing, seriously, that's the best advice I can offer you.

For those that have seen all the endings:
It was really tempting to tell him that this will all make sense at the end of the game, but that would spoil the fun.

I just started about 2 hours ago and just got to the
hospital.
I think this is a good stopping point since I just
ran into the rest of the group.
Anyway, I am loving it so far and want to keep going, but gotta get up early for work tomorrow. :| Heck, I may even bring my DS and play a little bit over lunch. :D To those who have beaten it, about how far would you say I am into the story? About how long does it take to get through a playthrough?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Big Papa Husker said:
I just started about 2 hours ago and just got to the
hospital.
I think this is a good stopping point since I just
ran into the rest of the group.
Anyway, I am loving it so far and want to keep going, but gotta get up early for work tomorrow. :| Heck, I may even bring my DS and play a little bit over lunch. :D To those who have beaten it, about how far would you say I am into the story? About how long does it take to get through a playthrough?
I'd say between two-fifths and halfway through one playthrough, and like a tenth of the way through the whole game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The_Technomancer said:
I'd say between two-fifths and halfway through one playthrough, and like a tenth of the way through the whole game.
That distinction is made for a reason - there's absolutely no way to get through all of the game in one playthrough. Completionists who like to try and get everything they can in one playthrough (like me) have to just accept that.

XiaNaphryz said:
That distinction is made for a reason - there's absolutely no way to get through all of the game in one playthrough. Completionists who like to try and get everything they can in one playthrough (like me) have to just accept that.
Yeah, I plan on playing through multiple times to get all of the endings. :)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
XiaNaphryz said:

It really has to be stressed multiple times that it's like a "choose your own adventure" novel. Nobody ever just does a single run through one of those and quits.

ataboada

4 Endings so far.
Knife, Axe, Submarine, and Coffin
. Holy molly, what a great game! I cannot stop thinking theories about the real endings. I literally can't sleep thinking about it.

Rez said:
I have this and Ghost Trick on the way.

*squee*

Internet_High_Five.jpg

LiK

totally unrelated, been getting a lot of PMs concerning my avatar on GAF. everyone wondering who she is. June is my gal. hope it's spreading some interest with the game. <3

If there's one complaint I have about this game it's that the Final puzzle of the true ending isn't included in the memories of escape option. That was the best part of the game and I have to replay the entire game again to get to it :(

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just finished my first play through on this. Man the last few minutes of that ending was tense as hell. (got the bad end). Now it's time to attempt the other 5 endings! :D i just hope one of the endings answers
who the hell is in that COFFIN?!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Please tell me the super annoying, unskippable tutorial text that pops up every time I do anything gets turned down a few notches!

ZealousD

Rez said:
Please tell me the super annoying, unskippable tutorial text that pops up every time I do anything gets turned down a few notches!

What if that's not true? Should I tell you that anyway?

LM4sure

Banned
How many decision points are there in the game that affects the ending? I think I just guaranteed myself a worse ending. I got out of the hospital by
tricking the others into going into door number 3, leaving behind Lotus and Clover. But man were the others stupid for falling for that!

XiaNaphryz

Rez said:
That's mainly in the first room. You only get prompted later on if it's something completely new.

I got the
knife
ending earlier, I posted that here. Now, a few moments ago, I got the
axe
ending.
I really have to say that Clover waiting for Junpei to extend his hand and Clover quickly axing Junpei to death was hilarious. I pictured Dave Chappelle hollering, "GOTCHA, BITCH!" when Clover hit Junpei. Jeez, that was morbid, though. Poor June, and I suppose Ace taking Lotus away to show her something was a reference to the knife ending?
Must play more, but I have to work out now. xD

ZealousD

LM4sure said:
How many decision points are there in the game that affects the ending? I think I just guaranteed myself a worse ending. I got out of the hospital by
tricking the others into going into door number 3, leaving behind Lotus and Clover. But man were the others stupid for falling for that!

Each playthrough has you choosing doors three times, and the order in which you choose doors is usually the only thing that affect the ending. The true ending path is the sole exception, which requires you to experience one specific ending before and make a few specific dialog choices once you've found the correct path.

Working on the second playthrough,
Junpei asking June to repeat "it's really hard" in the freezer cracked me up. The multiple discussions in the game pertaining to the concept of telepathy and information being conveyed invisibly weird me the hell out and make me wonder what the hell this game is even about.

LiK said:
totally unrelated, been getting a lot of PMs concerning my avatar on GAF. everyone wondering who she is. June is my gal. hope it's spreading some interest with the game. <3

They just want to know why she's jerking off.

So how many people have you persuaded to get the game?

ataboada

What happened to this thread? Someone else buy the game and discuss! Don't let it die...

I ended up not playing today. Going to take a two day break since I don't want to overdo it. I'm tempted to know about the better endings though...

gdt

Just started this, lets see how it goes...

I'm seeing there are multiple ending...should I keep separate save files so I don't have to start over and over?

Volcynika

gdt5016 said:

I'm seeing there are multiple ending...should I keep separate save files so I don't have to start over and over?

Can't keep separate saves. Only one!

XiaNaphryz

gdt5016 said:

Just one save slot. As you unlock endings, it'll update your save to reflect that, plus you need to get a certain ending before you can get the true ending. And the multiple endings bit is more than just simple "different endings," as you learn different story elements in each one. When all pieced together, along with the "true ending" you'll get the complete story.

gdt

I can't for the life of me figure out the first puzzle. I got the red/blue paper, and the picture with numbers on the back. Am I missing another clue? Can't figure out the damn numbers to either briefcase.

XiaNaphryz

gdt5016 said:
I can't for the life of me figure out the first puzzle. I got the red/blue paper, and the picture with numbers on the back. Am I missing another clue? Can't figure out the damn numbers to either briefcase.
Sounds like you're missing an item.

Be sure to search absolutely everywhere.

gdt5016 said:

There's another red/blue paper. Look EVERYWHERE.

hamchan

gdt5016 said:
Same thing happened to me first time I played the game lol

Top Bottom