• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

Kard8p3

Just played through it for the first time and got the bad ending. I'm surprised how much I enjoy this game because I'm not usually into this kind of game. Tomorrow I'll be going after the other endings.

I've been hyping this up to my friends for weeks now and 2 of them are finally caving in =) Soon they will know the greatness that is 999.

I also cant get this song out of my head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjNraFRfQeo

Alot of people seem to think its sad or a tad bit scary but for me its just too good. I get this hopeful and never give up feeling whenever I hear it.

Lain

I'm taking it waaaay slowly. I started out going with door 5 initially, because of what Junpei was thinking about being curious. Resolved the first room, got to the casinò and reloaded my save, going with door 4.
Resolved the room there and moved to the kitchen, and June started talking about the Titanic once again. It's then that it hit me. Every single person in here is a weirdo.
For one reason or the other, they all have some weird thing about them.

Hylian7

devastatorprime said:
I've been hyping this up to my friends for weeks now and 2 of them are finally caving in =) Soon they will know the greatness that is 999.

I also cant get this song out of my head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjNraFRfQeo

Alot of people seem to think its sad or a tad bit scary but for me its just too good. I get this hopeful and never give up feeling whenever I hear it.
I got a friend (actually a fellow GAFfer I know in real life) to buy it, but Amazon still hasn't shipped it for him yet. Another friend on my Facebook bought it mostly because of my posts about it on there.

Also, for those that are using the avatars that are animated gifs of the characters, do you have the original gifs you used for those?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Lain said:
I'm taking it waaaay slowly. I started out going with door 5 initially, because of what Junpei was thinking about being curious. Resolved the first room, got to the casinò and reloaded my save, going with door 4.
Resolved the room there and moved to the kitchen, and June started talking about the Titanic once again. It's then that it hit me. Every single person in here is a weirdo.
For one reason or the other, they all have some weird thing about them.
Why'd you reload? You'll be going through all the rooms on subsequent playthroughs anyway. At least if you want all of the story and endings.

Lain

XiaNaphryz said:
Why'd you reload? You'll be going through all the rooms on subsequent playthroughs anyway. At least if you want all of the story and endings.

I was curious to see what happened on the other path, plus I felt bad about leaving June alone XD

XiaNaphryz

Lain said:
I was curious to see what happened on the other path, plus I felt bad about leaving June alone XD
Trust me, don't bother reloading and just play through. Otherwise you'll be thinking "oh god, what if I chose that door...but wait, what if I had went though this other door first..." throughout the game and you'll be doing the equivalent of bookmarking several "choice" points in a choose your own adventure book. You won't enjoy yourself as much, and will essentially be replaying the game more than you would had you just gone through the different rooms in subsequent playthroughs since you want to save your progress from the previous playthroughs.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Whew, just finished my second play-through. Got the sub ending.
that ending scared me even more then the knife ending did.:lol the bodycount in comparison to the knife ending was.o_O so there is a 10th man / woman on the boat or one of the 9 faked their deaths? :eek:

I finished my third playthrough and got the submarine ending.
That ending is the most fucked up thing ever, Jesus Christ. =( Then I got CREDITS? "THE END OR IS IT?" I HATE THIS GAME...AND I LOVE IT AT THE SAME TIME. POOR KANNY. POOR EVERYBODY. =(

Awesome, new players getting new endings! Excellent!

Keep us posted about your progress, everyone! And don't ask for spoilers, for your own sakes :)

XiaNaphryz

FSZsm.gif

devastatorprime said:

SHOULD HAVE KNOWN NOT TO READ YOUTUBE COMMENTS SPOILERS FTL FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I just went to Gamestop and they informed that this is out of print. I just put it in my Gamefly Q, but it a low probability of me receiving this. GAF, you got me hyped for a game I can't play, once again. :-(

How I Feel.

jaxword

Chauncy Talon said:
I just went to Gamestop and they informed that this is out of print. I just put it in my Gamefly Q, but it a low probability of me receiving this. GAF, you got me hyped for a game I can't play, once again. :-(

How I Feel.

Want some help getting it? Maybe we can work out a mailing option.

XiaNaphryz

Very quick random rip I did. Someone else can figure something out with it and clean it up, no time on my part today:

aNjoP.png

LiK

Big Papa Husker said:
Wow, I just got my first ending
the bad one.. Holy shit that was unexpected! :O
I think I'll start up a second playthrough... RIGHT NOW! =D

which bad one? ;)

LiK

Big Papa Husker said:
Junpei found Lotus stabbed and dead, then we was stabbed... he did not see the killer.
So what mode do I choose to do another playthrough? "Continue or "Begin with Memories"?

Continue is fine.

Korigama

Big Papa Husker said:
Sounds good! So do you only skip dialog in the multiple playthroughs or can you skip the "Seek a way out" scenes too?

Previously read (but not new) dialogue can be skipped, but puzzles must all be repeated.

LiK

Big Papa Husker said:
Sounds good! So do you only skip dialog in the multiple playthroughs or can you skip the "Seek a way out" scenes too?

hold right on d-pad and it'll skip any text you read. new stuff will run normal speed. but yea, like what above post says, you must replay all puzzles.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
My copy finally arrived! I'm about to go downtown, but when I get back tonight (if sober) I'll be diving in. And thank you for the watch, Aksys. That thing is surprisingly heavy.

I dun goof'd. =( I got the submarine ending again, but this time around,
I finally went through the 3rd door, so that means I've gone through all of the doors but number nine! Hype!

totowhoa

Banned
Well, GAF, all the buzz in this thread finally got me to read some of the reviews. Damn, I'm hyped. I guess you've got my expectations fairly high, so I hope it doesn't disappoint! Amazon told me an hour ago that my game should be here in a mere two days. I'm really, really looking forward to playing this. I honestly didn't care for the flash demo when it came out for the same reasons others have been getting frustrated with the first puzzle BS & obnoxious tutorial experience, but I like adventure games and I'm down for a good visual-novel that has an engrossing plot.

I've never ordered anything from amazon this late in the day whilst winding down for the night, actually. I ordered about 9:45p with two day shipping and it said it'll be here Thursday. Damn, really? I was expecting Friday... I'll take it if that's really the case, though!

Feep

Banned
spindashing said:
I dun goof'd. =( I got the submarine ending again, but this time around,
I finally went through the 3rd door, so that means I've gone through all of the doors but number nine! Hype!
Just go to GameFAQs are follow the decision tree -> ending guide. It doesn't spoil anything, and honestly, understanding what to do to unlock the true ending is highly arbitrary.

Yagharek

My copy arrived today based on the fact I continually see this thread and discussion continually infect other threads I wander into.

YOU ALL BETTER BE RIGHT DAMMIT!!!!

Feep

Banned
RandomVince said:
My copy arrived today based on the fact I continually see this thread and discussion continually infect other threads I wander into.

YOU ALL BETTER BE RIGHT DAMMIT!!!!
In my opinion, it starts out underwhelming.

Then it is whelming.

Then it is overwhelming.

Then you realize why it HAD to be underwhelming to be overwhelming.

And the light is true.

Yagharek

We shall see. I bought Ouendan and Phoenix Wright over similar levels of enthusiasm, and superficially at least it resembles Phoenix Wright from screenshots Ive seen. As a text adventure of sorts. Should be good for something different and considering its quite cheap I figure its worth the plunge.

Feep said:
Just go to GameFAQs are follow the decision tree -> ending guide. It doesn't spoil anything, and honestly, understanding what to do to unlock the true ending is highly arbitrary.
Too stubborn. But in this playthrough, I'm learning more and more things! I LOVE THIS GAME.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Alright, another ending done! (Axe). Only three more to go now!
The ending was as shocking as the last two ones but at the same time it was kinda comedic seeing clover kill you with a axe.:lol and WHOA there's actually a 10th person on the boat.:eek: i love it how every ending so far has had more questions then actual answers.:lol i still have no idea what is going on, crazy.

Top Bottom