• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

Phenomic

XiaNaphryz said:
Wait until the true ending. ;P

It's funny that you say that because I think I already know the outcome of this after getting all the endings accept the true and the Submarine one which I'm going after now.

Unless it completely curve balls from the other points it makes in the game. Quite clever actually pretty good way to make it all make sense.

Rage Inc*
Also the safe ending is UNNECESSARILY LONG FOR IT NOT BEING THE TRUE ENDING.

JKTrix

Well, I guess you do have to finish it. I will say that what you specifically said is not specifically addressed in the game, though you're right, it is an interesting thought about what the creators' intentions could have been.

Just got
the submarine ending as my second ending, and then the knife ending as my third ending

This is still really cool... I am so spoiler averse though, I want to keep going as long as I can. Am I gonna get stuck if I continue playing this way?
I don't think there are really any obvious conversation / room options that I haven't explored yet, but I see there are two rooms in 'Memories of the Escape' that I haven't been to yet.

I guess I'll
just keep going until I accidentally duplicate an ending and then see if I can read up on what to do next.

Yay for this game, and yay for buying 2 more copies to force my roommates to play it because I don't want to clear my own save data :3

Blargh. I've been sitting on this for the better part of a week due to Nier. I missed this thread. Finally finished up multiple playthrus of Nier so I can go for True. Can't wait to join everyone in the spoilers thread.

Haha, I was originally gonna go with a Clover avatar, but her line,
"Jumpy, it's really hard"
won me over.

Actually, I was meaning to post this, but some of the tracks in this game are really creepy. The track that plays when the characters bring up some pseudoscience tidbits such as when June is explaining about
Ice-9
, puts me on edge.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I just finished the game 100%, and I'm confused about quite a few things. I enjoyed the game a lot overall, so great purchase! This being my first time solving a
sudoku
problem that last puzzle was a bit frustrating.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
InfiniteNine said:
Well I just finished the game 100%, and I'm confused about quite a few things. I enjoyed the game a lot overall, so great purchase! This being my first time solving a
sudoku
problem that last puzzle was a bit frustrating.
InfiniteNine, why is your avatar a slug with a chibi face and green hair eating a cookie?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The_Technomancer said:
InfiniteNine, why is your avatar a slug with a chibi face and green hair eating a cookie?
Needless to say your guess is wrong:
wYGp8.jpg

It's Saya no Uta. Here's the post I wrote about it in the anime thread:

cosmicblizzard said:
It's by far the most disturbing piece of media I have ever experienced. Madoka doesn't even come close. The atmosphere and music are creepy as hell, the story is something only an insane person could write, the imagery might make you nauseous even if you've seen the sickest shit the internet has to offer. I would recommended it if you have the guts, but maybe be prepared for a sleepless night or 2 afterwards.

Now there is some H content, but there's a VERY good reason why no one (well, most people) should be turned on by it. It's definitely not the main draw.

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
Haha, I'm just joshin' ya. I love love LOVE creepy stuff and was a big fan of Higurashi, so this is right up my alley. :D

<3

Higurashi also doesn't come close in terms of disturbingness ;)

InfiniteNine said:
Hey! It was my avatar that provoked this! *angryface*

And my nightmares get worse every time I see it :D

LiK

InfiniteNine said:
Thanks you and I'm glad I enjoyed myself too! I'm saving a special spot in the recommendations for beginners section of the English VN thread I'm constructing!

read the Q&A too. link in the OP ;)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
InfiniteNine said:
Thanks you and I'm glad I enjoyed myself too! I'm saving a special spot in the recommendations for beginners section of the English VN thread I'm constructing!

Can't wait to see it :)!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Kagari said:
Game froze for me in the galley... :| And I didn't save around there either.... ;_;
Yeah, my game froze on my final playthrough on the True Ending after the point of the Coffin Ending during a puzzle. I didn't save through the entire thing so I had to start back from the prologue. x:

I was playing through True and decided to put my DS to sleep while Nier sidetracked my ass. That was a week ago and my battery died. I booted it up awhile ago and I'm back at the prologue so I know your pain :l

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
InfiniteNine said:
Yeah, my game froze on my final playthrough on the True Ending after the point of the Coffin Ending during a puzzle. I didn't save through the entire thing so I had to start back from the prologue. x:

Yeah, if you're using a ROM/Emulator that will happen due to the anti-piracy libraries it uses :)
Yes, I know you own the game ;)

Just got the True Ending after getting all the rest. I bookmarked the QA and am eager to start reading after this post.

I have to say...this was one of the most incredible experiences I've had in gaming. The last game to have such an effect one me was Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations (Well, all Ace Attorney games, actually. I love those games to death).

I really, really liked
the last puzzle. The music (is it in the OST? I'm going through it but none of the tracks sound familiar :( )...the sense of urgency...the dual scenarios... It was all awesome.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Akselziys said:
Yeah, if you're using a ROM/Emulator that will happen due to the anti-piracy libraries it uses :)
Yes, I know you own the game ;)

Happened to me with a legit copy on my DS :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Akselziys said:
Odd, haven't ever heard of it freezing before :x

Basically what happened was, in the kitchen in the pantry area I went to click back to the main area and it just locked up right there. Music looping and all.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I had a few freezes on my flashcart that I think were probably anti-piracy. A few quick Google searches said there were solutions out there, but I just said screw it and played it off the cart instead.

Instro

Kagari said:
Basically what happened was, in the kitchen in the pantry area I went to click back to the main area and it just locked up right there. Music looping and all.

Clearly its the secret 7th ending.

Man, imagine how it feels like to have 999 on the 3DS? With new scenarios, voice acting, smoother animation, 3D effect of the door opening...I buy, I buy! Sorry if there were talks about it already.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
LiK said:
Probably a hardware issue with the console. I didn't encounter any glitches at all with 999. The only DS game that froze on me was Layton 3.

Hope not, my current DS is barely used!

Top Bottom