• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors |OT| RED, DEAD, Redemption

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Shadow Red said:
Man, imagine how it feels like to have 999 on the 3DS? With new scenarios, voice acting, smoother animation, 3D effect of the door opening...I buy, I buy! Sorry if there were talks about it already.

Being able to move around freely would be nice.

Jintor

I'm on my first runthrough.

I really like the dialogue, actually. I wish there was a way to instantly skip dialogue the third time I accidentally examine an object because my calibration is off though. The 2 or 3 seconds of scrolling text is a little annoying.

But whatever, this is good stuff.

Deku

Banned
Just finished my first play through and got a 'bad end'

Holy, interesting twists there. I'm liking this multi-threaded story. I wish more games would employ this mechanic for replayability.

Started my 2nd playthrough already.

Ferrio

Banned
SatelliteOfLove said:
Beat Submarine one.
Reverse Deus Ex Machina, anyone? Rather disappointing; just felt clunky like they said "THen everyone fell down. The end."

No, there's definitely a real killer with a real motive.

CitizenKang

Neo Member
Just finished all 6 endings after a marathon session today. I don't remember the last time I did multiple playthroughs of a game.

At first I was planning on just going straight for the true ending after my first playthrough, but I'm glad I took the time to get all the other endings first. I had a few of the playthroughs down to about an hour or so once I memorized the puzzles - wasn't bad at all.

AniHawk

CitizenKang said:
Just finished all 6 endings after a marathon session today. I don't remember the last time I did multiple playthroughs of a game.

At first I was planning on just going straight for the true ending after my first playthrough, but I'm glad I took the time to get all the other endings first. I had a few of the playthroughs down to about an hour or so once I memorized the puzzles - wasn't bad at all.

You wouldn't have been able to get the true ending on your first playthrough anyway. You have to play the game at least twice to get the true ending.

Jintor

First runthrough complete.

BAD END

God, I think I feel a little sick. I'm going to play Mount and Blade while I start my second run... I think I'll go two more times and start consulting a non-spoiler walkthrough for the ends.

I'm glad I sat down and worked out that damn pin puzzle by hand though, such a sense of satisfaction when the stupid thing beeped

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
999.jpg

My mind has been blown. Completely.
Haven't played a game this gripping in AGES.

Datschge

Is there any way to speed up the text? I feel completely unable to endure all the text if I have to crawl through all text at the default slow speed, and I'm still in that first room in the opening...

Feep

Banned
Ahah! I knew Kagari would love it. *high fives Kagari*

999: Thread of Going Down and Getting Wet

To above poster: not on the first playthrough, no. On subsequent playthroughs, you can skip through text incredibly fast.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Kagari said:
I really want a sequel now...
This is definitely one of those games I wish I could play again for the first time and not know the outcome.

The Answers touches on that possibility XD

I want one badly too :3

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
InfiniteNine said:
Well I'm telling my friends about it when they visit again. Hopefully it's good to find for purchase still.

We're expecting our third re-order to arrive this week and retailers that re-ordered should replenish their stocks this week too :D

We'll re-order as many times as need be ;)

Datschge

Feep said:
To above poster: not on the first playthrough, no. On subsequent playthroughs, you can skip through text incredibly fast.
I don't want to skip text, I want to page through the text without that typing animation effect constantly forcing me into a specific reading speed. Other games either allow one to set that animation speed (which I always set to instant) or at least skip the animation when clicking. That's a terrible oversight if this game indeed allows neither... =(

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Akselziys said:
We're expecting our third re-order to arrive this week and retailers that re-ordered should replenish their stocks this week too :D

We'll re-order as many times as need be ;)
Numbers man! Give us numbers!

Yeah...not gonna happen

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Akselziys said:
The Answers touches on that possibility XD

I want one badly too :3

By the way, I didn't see this explained in the Answers but is there a reason that the ship was called Gigantic and not Britannic?

brit8.jpg

Britannic was originally going to be called Gigantic prior to the Titanic sinking.
But it was later changed so White Star Line wouldn't seem arrogant (lol).

I realize that this is an alternate history where the ship (Britannic) didn't actually sink, but I'm just curious.

Also at some point she must have been repainted:

britannic.jpg

Oh and:

Britannic%20wreck%202.jpg

The final escape! (The spiral staircase, if you can't tell.)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Kagari said:
By the way, I didn't see this explained in the Answers but is there a reason that the ship was called Gigantic and not Britannic?

brit8.jpg

Britannic was originally going to be called Gigantic prior to the Titanic sinking.
But it was later changed so White Star Line wouldn't seem arrogant (lol).

I realize that this is an alternate history where the ship (Britannic) didn't actually sink, but I'm just curious.

Also at some point she must have been repainted:

britannic.jpg

Oh and:

Britannic%20wreck%202.jpg

The final escape! (The spiral staircase, if you can't tell.)

Ironically, we asked them about that too :)

Since the game takes place in an alternate world from ours, the creator purposefully made it the "Gigantic" instead (also since scenario wise, the creator did alter the history behind the Gigantic/Brittanic)

Though any semi-spoilery questions like this (yeah, it's super minor lol), you may want to ask in the spoilers thread to be safe :)

Kagari said:
Thinking about adding a subtitle to the OP. Any suggestions?

-
June's got a fever and the only cure is more endings
(or something like that)
- Sorry Junpei but the exit's in another ending
- RED, DEAD, Redemption

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Akselziys said:
Ironically, we asked them about that too :)

Since the game takes place in an alternate world from ours, the creator purposefully made it the "Gigantic" instead (also since scenario wise, the creator did alter the history behind the Gigantic/Brittanic)

Though any semi-spoilery questions like this (yeah, it's super minor lol), you may want to ask in the spoilers thread to be safe :)

An interesting bit of related history... Titanic's other sister Olympic never sank and was almost kept around to be used as a floating but was eventually scrapped.
And could have also worked in the case of this game... in a more realistic sense anyway.

timetokill said:
-
June's got a fever and the only cure is more endings
(or something like that)
- Sorry Junpei but the exit's in another ending
- RED, DEAD, Redemption

I love it. Done!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Kagari said:
An interesting bit of related history... Titanic's other sister Olympic never sank and was almost kept around to be used as a floating but was eventually scrapped.
And could have also worked in the case of this game... in a more realistic sense anyway.

I love it. Done!

Actually
they do talk about the Olympic in the game :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Game needs more love. Everyone who at least likes a good/interesting story should play it! I only regret that I waited so long to even do so myself.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Kagari said:
Game needs more love. Everyone who at least likes a good/interesting story should play it! I only regret that I waited so long to even do so myself.

It's always nice to get the seal of approval from a NeoGAF mod ;D

She speaks the truth! :D

Kagari said:

I agree, I just think it's a hard sell for a lot of people on GAF. It's a DS game when a lot of people have moved on from their current handhelds (at least, as hype threads and GOTY votes go) and it's a visual novel, which is not something that necessarily has a fervent fanbase in the west.

That said, it's been awesome to see the slow growing movement of players for the game... it seems like 95% of people that give it a try love it to death. I recommend it to everyone I can, hopefully we can push enough to get a sequel :)

Top Bottom