• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wh0 N0se

I know I shouldn't double post but wasn't sure if I edited my previous post it would make the topic go to top of the off topic forum. Anyways.

Spoiler for Season 3 of TV Show, didn't want to post it openly in case people didn't want the TV show spoiled.

NOTE: DO NOT CLICK ON LINK IF YOU ARE AVOIDING TV SPOILERS
http://winteriscoming.net/2012/10/new-in-depth-report-from-the-set-in-northern-ireland/#more-20858
Looks like the RW is in Season 3, dunno how everyone else feels about this, I'm mixed, I would've preferred it in Season 4 but really want to see everyones reactions after the ep and that would've meant waiting longer.
On second thought, I'm disappointed, would've preferred it in Season 4.
Also, sewing of an 'Ox head' onto Robbs head pretty much confirmed that they're gonna show the scene unlike the book.
Thoughts?

Massa

What you got to remember is that Lena is only going on the books so far (If she has read them), it's only after you get her POV's that you get more into her head. This would make Lena's job much easier if she had read all the way through.

Saying that, I don't watch the show and boo her every time she's on the screen, she's fine. I have other characters that I dislike but there's no point in moaning, they're not going to be replaced and they may get better.

She doesn't. Also some of the actors that do read the books try to stay behind the series, so they'll only start on ASOS after the current shooting is over.

They must know when their own characters die though... I can't imagine having to read the Red Wedding and that you're going to be out of work at the same time.

I know I shouldn't double post but wasn't sure if I edited my previous post it would make the topic go to top of the off topic forum. Anyways.

Spoiler for Season 3 of TV Show, didn't want to post it openly in case people didn't want the TV show spoiled.

NOTE: DO NOT CLICK ON LINK IF YOU ARE AVOIDING TV SPOILERS
http://winteriscoming.net/2012/10/new-in-depth-report-from-the-set-in-northern-ireland/#more-20858
Looks like the RW is in Season 3, dunno how everyone else feels about this, I'm mixed, I would've preferred it in Season 4 but really want to see everyones reactions after the ep and that would've meant waiting longer.
On second thought, I'm disappointed, would've preferred it in Season 4.
Also, sewing of an 'Ox head' onto Robbs head pretty much confirmed that they're gonna show the scene unlike the book.
Thoughts?

Seems like they're going all the way with that scene. It shall be glorious.

Also, you might want to use this thread for TV series discussion.

bengraven

Had a thought today: I don't think we'll ever know (have it spelled out) the answers to some of the prophecies, specifically Azor Ahai and TPTWP. George doesn't really play that way, plus how are we going to know for sure? Who is going to say "holy fuck, its Azor reborn!" and be believed? I think in the following decades we'll be dissecting the riddle long after George has cackled his smug face into the grave.

Also, I realized that Damphair is probably the man who ordered Balon's death.

Since this seems to be a not-uncommon thing (and I certainly felt the fool for reading it incorrectly for the longest time), I'll point out it's pronounced Damp Hair (such an obvious "duh" moment for me), not Dam Fair.

Yayyyy, I can finally be in this thread!!

I was waiting forever for ADWD to hit paperback, and was excited by a release date finally showing of August, and then it got bumped back to March. 2 freaking years for paperback, argh. So I cracked and bought it on ebook.

So yeah, just saying hi thread.

That's how all HBO shows work I believe.

Not all of them do, but it is quite popular.

I think it's more of a tread with cable dramas in general, both basic and premium. Drop the crazy shit in the penultimate episode and then deal with the fall out/set up the next season in the last one.

Not all of them do, but it is quite popular.

I think it's more of a tread with cable dramas in general, both basic and premium. Drop the crazy shit in the penultimate episode and then deal with the fall out/set up the next season in the last one.

Yeah, Boardwalk Empire didn't do that last year. The show's last episode of the season went out with an incredible bang.

bengraven

I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that was swaying and swung, on his shoulder perched a drowned crow, with seaweed in its feather

Explain this theory for me. Everything I remember pointed to Euron.

I know there's a crow on the Faceless Man's shoulder, but it's a "drowned" crow with seaweed in it's wings.

Maybe both working together...not sure, but Euron doesn't strike me as someone very pious and the seaweed...?

Edit: About to start reading a thread where apparently a few people agree with me: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.ph...-and-an-old-womans-dreams-some-affc-spoilers/

I know there's a crow on the Faceless Man's shoulder, but it's a "drowned" crow with seaweed in it's wings.

Maybe both working together...not sure, but Euron doesn't strike me as someone very pious and the seaweed...?

I think you're off track on this one man. The prophecies and visions are clearly referring to Euron. None of the characterization (remember, we're in damphair's head) gives any indication that he had balon killed, nor did he have any reason to do so. Totally the opposite in fact.

bengraven

I think you're off track on this one man. The prophecies and visions are clearly referring to Euron. None of the characterization (remember, we're in damphair's head) gives any indication that he had balon killed, nor did he have any reason to do so. Totally the opposite in fact.

Naturally, that's what we all think.

The seaweed in the wings and the "drowned" crow make me wonder though. Aeron doesn't want Euron on the throne, not at all in fact, but he may have also wanted his brother dead...maybe he didn't work with Euron, but he may be at fault for the death as well somehow.

The seaweed in the wings and the "drowned" crow make me wonder though. Aeron doesn't want Euron on the throne, not at all in fact, but he may have also wanted his brother dead...maybe he didn't work with Euron, but he may be at fault for the death as well somehow.

I think by this logic you could say that arya wanted robb dead...there's zero evidence for that either after all :)

But we see inside Aeron's head when he hears that Balon is dead, and he's shocked. It's pretty clear that he had nothing to do with it.

And I think it's obvious that the dragon egg that Euron claimed he 'threw away' is what he used to pay for the Faceless Man.

Reading some replies here made me think of this. I believe somebody must have already done it though :D

flytree.jpg

I love Bran's arc, even if it's slow, the bonus chapter from winds of winter tells me he's gonna be quite influential in the next events.

Chuckie

Reading some replies here made me think of this. I believe somebody must have already done it though :D

flytree.jpg

I love Bran's arc, even if it's slow, the bonus chapter from winds of winter tells me he's gonna be quite influential in the next events.

I love it too. It is totally creepy, which I love.

ZeroRay

Bran's last chapter totally felt like it was written in a horror fantasy style. The way George writes the Northern chapters in is so much cooler than what we get in Essos with its million different descriptions and it's million different variations of the same name. (not to mention content)

bengraven

About the Jeyne Westerling identity thing, I honestly thought it was a switch

http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/infl...sters-of-westerosorg.html?mid=twitter_vulture

"Someone has changed. It’s not the same girl and it’s all a trick.'" As far as Antonsson is concerned, "I'm pretty sure it was just a mistake" George has apparently told people that it’s a mistake."

Oh I thought this was about Talisa, since there were several rumors going around about that she's really a Lannister (apparently someone said a title card said "jeyne lannister").

gutshot

Oh I thought this was about Talisa, since there were several rumors going around about that she's really a Lannister (apparently someone said a title card said "jeyne lannister").

I thought that too at first, but then realized it is Linda so she would have referred to her as 'that fucking Talisa twat'.

I hadn't heard about that Jeyne Lannister thing though. That is interesting...

Iksenpets

Banned
I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that was swaying and swung, on his shoulder perched a drowned crow, with seaweed in its feather

Edit: About to start reading a thread where apparently a few people agree with me: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.ph...-and-an-old-womans-dreams-some-affc-spoilers/

The Crow points to Euron for me. The drownedness and seaweed just seem to reflect that he's ironborn and not a crow of the Night's Watch or something like that. He would've been drowned as part of his baptism, even if he's not particularly religious now. There's no connection between Aeron and a crow, and there's been nothing in Aeron's internal dialogue to suggest that he held any grudge against Balon. And even if there is something where his thoughts just happen to have been worded in such a was as to hide the truth from us, there's still no explanation of why Euron would show up the next day after spending years in exile on the other end of the world if he wasn't aware that the assassination was about to go down.

About the Jeyne Westerling identity thing, I honestly thought it was a switch

http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/infl...sters-of-westerosorg.html?mid=twitter_vulture

"Someone has changed. It’s not the same girl and it’s all a trick.'" As far as Antonsson is concerned, "I'm pretty sure it was just a mistake" George has apparently told people that it’s a mistake."

This is good. That theory was the worst.

Duress

I finally finished a Dance with Dragons. Overall, it was a good book, but I felt it could have been better, considering how long it took him to write it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom