• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

zmoney said:
And what and end it was....God I hope she gets executed in a public humiliating fashion. And I hope Jaime swings the sword.

Well her prophecy says she dies after she sees all her children killed. So if that's true and let's be honest - GRRM is a whore for foreshadowing (whoreshadowing), then Tommen and Myrcella die first before she's killed.

But beside that, who do we really have to hate or root for in King's Landing? Tommen is too young, won't be active in anything. Kevan is a minor character at best. Pycelle is still there, but he will likely be playing the same part. And the Tyrells are power hungry, but come off as more Lannister-lite than anything.

The characters in power seem fairly weak. Unless Mace takes control of the throne as regent alongside Kevan and they ignore the North and begin a war on Dorne, which after the attack on Myrcella coupled with the death of the Viper could happen, I don't see much happening yet.

Piecake

Puddles said:
That was definitely part of it, but I thought that the part where she asked Loras whether he had been Renly's squire implied that she was afraid Tommen would "catch teh gay" if Loras were to train him.

I never got that impression at all. I took it as completely about power and influence, because that is pretty much the only thing that Cersei actually cares about

bengraven said:
Well her prophecy says she dies after she sees all her children killed. So if that's true and let's be honest - GRRM is a whore for foreshadowing (whoreshadowing), then Tommen and Myrcella die first before she's killed.

But beside that, who do we really have to hate or root for in King's Landing? Tommen is too young, won't be active in anything. Kevan is a minor character at best. Pycelle is still there, but he will likely be playing the same part. And the Tyrells are power hungry, but come off as more Lannister-lite than anything.

The characters in power seem fairly weak. Unless Mace takes control of the throne as regent alongside Kevan and they ignore the North and begin a war on Dorne, which after the attack on Myrcella coupled with the death of the Viper could happen, I don't see much happening yet.

I really hope that prophecy is one stupid misdirect and we learn that maggie didnt actually have any magic power since dragons were not in the world yet (though maybe blood magic still worked, what with Dur and all). Dumbest prophecy ever

This thread is an abomination. I'm lobbying for a separate one [for book 2 without spoilers] currently, please support my pleas my brothers. PM the mods

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Meus Renaissance said:
This thread is an abomination. I'm lobbying for a separate one [for book 2 without spoilers] currently, please support my pleas my brothers. PM the mods
This thread rules

Fuck you

Robb Stark dies

Pollux

Meus Renaissance said:
Why would you do that? I'm asking people here to ask mods to approve my idea for a separate thread and you do something like that
Start your own thread...thats what I did with this one when we didn't even HAVE a spoiler thread.

And if it says "spoilers for all books" READ AT OWN PERIL...why are you in here? you kinda deserve the robb stark thing

zmoney said:
Start your own thread...thats what I did with this one when we didn't even HAVE a spoiler thread.

And if it says "spoilers for all books" READ AT OWN PERIL...why are you in here? you kinda deserve the robb stark thing

I was intentionally ignoring all posts. I came here because I felt if members here supported a new thread, there would be no complaints about it and far less likely to get locked by the Mods. I wasn't going to start a 4th thread on GoT without Mod approval. I asked for support here. He quoted my post (shows up as green on my screen) thinking he was responding to my request, but instead he purposely out of spite does that for no reason other than to troll. And I deserve it? Fuck you, you piece of shit. Fuck you.

bengraven

Meus Renaissance said:

We went over this before: there a numerous threads to talk about the books in, but with marked spoilers.

If you want to talk about Clash, you can use the TV series or the "Gud" thread to talk about the books with spoilers marked.

This is the thread we all wanted to make, where we don't have to mark our spoilers. It SAYS in the title that there are unmarked spoilers.

Honestly bro, not being a douche, but just saying you have a lot of options.

(and yes, what bones did was kind of douchey)

Pollux

Meus Renaissance said:
I was intentionally ignoring all posts. I came here because I felt if members here supported a new thread, there would be no complaints about it and far less likely to get locked by the Mods. I wasn't going to start a 4th thread on GoT without Mod approval. I asked for support here. He quoted my post (shows up as green on my screen) thinking he was responding to my request, but instead he purposely out of spite does that for no reason other than to troll. And I deserve it? Fuck you, you piece of shit. Fuck you.

Read Bengraven's post above mine. and yes it says read at your own peril and you clicked on it, so yea it is your fault. as bengraven said, there are plenty of threads to talk about Clash in. So stop getting mad when you shouldn't be here in teh first place if you don't want spoilers.

Speaking of spoilers, I'm thinking we're gonna make this an unmarked thread for ADWD as well....I'll PM a mod to talk about changing the title to something like " A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**"

Is there a mod who likes ASOIF?

Why the fuck would you come into here to talk about thread creation? If you want a thread about a specific book, make one. Don't come into the WARNING WARNING SPOILERS thread to bitch about it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
We have three threads going.

One where only the TV show exists.
One where all spoilers from the show are fair game, and discussion of later books(Has to be in spoilers)
And this one, where most people who've read the books got tried of waiting.
We also have the old Song of Fire and Ice one where everything is in spoilers too.

And to finalize this. Every single spoiler in here is from 6-16 years old. This ain't new shit. If you can't wait the week it takes to read through the rest of the books and get caught up.

zmoney said:
Read Bengraven's post above mine. and yes it says read at your own peril and you clicked on it, so yea it is your fault. as bengraven said, there are plenty of threads to talk about Clash in. So stop getting mad when you shouldn't be here in teh first place if you don't want spoilers.

For someone who enjoys books, you evidently have difficulty in grasping written language. There is a difference between coming across spoilers, and purposely ruining it for you out of spite; it wasn't a spoiler, it was trolling. If I go to a house where there is loud music and I ask them to turn it down, I don't expect someone to place speakers right next to my ear at max volume just to piss me off, and then others defend him saying 'its a party, there is loud music, what do you expect'. This isn't worth a discussion. You're both pricks with a display name

bengraven

Agreed.

Let's be honest, Ice and Fire is THE most popular series on GAF. It's not really disputable: there isn't NINE threads on the forum for Hyperion or the Bas-Lag novels. (Nine AT LEAST...I was going simply by two quick searches for "dance dragons" and "Ice and fire").

I don't think it would be an issue to start another thread.

Meus Renaissance said:
For someone who enjoys books, you evidently have difficulty in grasping written language. There is a difference between coming across spoilers, and purposely ruining it for you out of spite; it wasn't a spoiler, it was trolling. If I go to a house where there is loud music and I ask them to turn it down, I don't expect someone to place speakers right next to my ear at max volume just to piss me off, and then others defend him saying 'its a party, there is loud music, what do you expect'. This isn't worth a discussion. You're both pricks with a display name

I don't think anyone here (myself included, I already condemned him here and in the other thread) condones what jon bones did. It was an asshole move. Don't take it out on us - it was more along the lines of something someone at the "Bad Thread" on SA would do.

Pollux

Meus Renaissance said:
It is completely different. My thread isn't bothering you and you came in to it. The loud music is a stupid example.

bengraven

The worst part is: if we did make YET ANOTHER thread where we have to mark our spoilers...

We would STILL have people bitching, as they did in EVERY other series thread, because they accidently swiped a fucking spoiler.

Flynn said:
I've only read the Sansa chapters of every book. Can I have my own thread? NO SPOILERS!!!!!

You mean Alayne right?

Meus Renaissance said:
This is ludicrous. You came into this thread. It wasn't bothering you at all, and you chose to come in here and still bitch about it. I ask again, if you wanted a thread, why not use the one we already have, or better yet make your own? What on earth does your thread desire have to do with the perfectly enjoyable thread we have here, and what possessed you to come in here?

Pollux

Flynn said:
I've only read the Sansa chapters of every book. Can I have my own thread? NO SPOILERS!!!!!
I would say no for the simple fact that you only read Sansa? really? the only thing worse is reading the Brienne chapters.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
bengraven said:
The worst part is: if we did make YET ANOTHER thread where we have to mark our spoilers...

We would STILL have people bitching, as they did in EVERY other series thread, because they accidently swiped a fucking spoiler.
Thread viewing, more hand holding than Triple A gaming!

bengraven

Don't want to derail further, so I'll talk about something else:

I can't wait to see Sam's adventures in the Citadel. I wonder if they'll even show it or if this was part of the "five year gap" he never intended to show. I wonder how Gilly is doing.

shintoki said:
Thread viewing, more hand holding than Triple A gaming!

Press R1 to uncover the spoilers for Tyrion's SoS chapters! Press R1 + up on the control pad to show only spoilers in regards to Bronn!

zmoney said:
I would say no for the simple fact that you only read Sansa? really? the only thing worse is reading the Brienne chapters.
that was sarcasm dude :)
bengraven said:
Don't want to derail further, so I'll talk about something else:

I can't wait to see Sam's adventures in the Citadel. I wonder if they'll even show it or if this was part of the "five year gap" he never intended to show. I wonder how Gilly is doing.

I wonder if gilly will go to horn hill to be with house tarly. Would love a scene with lord randall finding out his son has a "bastard".

Flynn

I'm kidding, of course. But it just amazes me the detailed way that we're accommodating people who should JUST READ THE FUCKING BOOKS IF THEY'RE SO INTERESTED!

bengraven

BTW, Sansa and Brienne get a reprieve.

Re-reading Feast and my least favorite POV is now Cersei. Fuck Cersei, she's so fucking one-note: angry and losing her grip. I liked her better from others' perspectives so there may be hints that's still in some sort of control. Once you get her POV you know the gig is up and any piece of Tywin left in her is gone.

She's a bigger idiot than any other character outside of Hodor at that point, even Brienne and I don't want to follow her story.

elrechazao said:
that was sarcasm dude :)

I wonder if gilly will go to horn hill to be with house tarly. Would love a scene with lord randall finding out his son has a "bastard".

Well Sam left her being sent on her way there. Unless someone took her from the road she is likely already at Horn Hill.

I could see Randall arriving in anger at Oldtown or at least wanting to check on his son to see if he finally grew a pair.

But then again, I think Tarly is still in Duskendale chopping off fingers.

Alan Dale for Randyll Tarly please.

Pollux

bengraven said:
BTW, Sansa and Brienne get a reprieve.

Re-reading Feast and my least favorite POV is now Cersei. Fuck Cersei, she's so fucking one-note: angry and losing her grip. I liked her better from others' perspectives so there may be hints that's still in some sort of control. Once you get her POV you know the gig is up and any piece of Tywin left in her is gone.

She's a bigger idiot than any other character outside of Hodor at that point, even Brienne and I don't want to follow her story.
I really liked the Cersei chapters because its very interesting to see someone slowly loosing their grip on reality from their own POV.

With that being said I'm really looking forward to Marwyn meeting Dany, Sam at the Citadel, and Alleras' plan.

Flynn said:
Anyway: Brienne is a bad ass. And I think Sansa is going to become a good guy Cersei.
I for one do not want to see sansa having sex with bran and imprisoning and wanting to kill rickon.

As for cersei chapters, what do you guys think of Taena. Was she really going over to cersei, or was she a double agent?

I could make a case for both, but unless Margarey's imprisonment and all is fake, it seems that taena really did sell her out (after all, margery wouldn't be in on the whole plot that got her locked up in the first place).

Pollux

elrechazao said:
I for one do not want to see sansa having sex with bran and imprisoning and wanting to kill rickon.

As for cersei chapters, what do you guys think of Taena. Was she really going over to cersei, or was she a double agent?

I could make a case for both, but unless Margarey's imprisonment and all is fake, it seems that taena really did sell her out (after all, margery wouldn't be in on the whole plot that got her locked up in the first place).
I don't think so. Especially after the Pycelle Moon Tea thing in front of everyone.

Cersei's biggest mistake in AFFC was allowing those religious fanatics to come to power, and then giving them 2 knightly orders. fucking dumb bitch.

Mifune

Mehmber
Yay, finished Feast so I can finally come in here.

Anyway, my Kindle said I was only 90% done with the book when it ended. Needless to say, that "Meanwhile at the Wall" page really threw me for a loop.

I really enjoyed it. I know it's nobody's favorite, but I found the world building and scene setting to be way less of a drag than the endless military planning in Clash of Kings. And the payoffs of the Cersei and Brienne storylines were worth the slow burn.

suzu

If you want to make any thread changes or whatever, PM a mod (like Amirox).

Seriously though, if you're interested in the series, just read all the damn books first.

--

I always forget about that stupid prophecy shit lol. I hope it doesn't go exactly the way it says... but eh..

zmoney said:
I don't think so. Especially after the Pycelle Moon Tea thing in front of everyone.

Cersei's biggest mistake in AFFC was allowing those religious fanatics to come to power, and then giving them 2 knightly orders. fucking dumb bitch.
Right, I don't think it's fake, which is what tells me taena really did betray margarey. If so, she sure picked the wrong horse. Although her constant refusal to bring her son to king's landing still makes me wonder.

Pollux

Mifune said:
Yay, finished Feast so I can finally come in here.

Anyway, my Kindle said I was only 90% done with the book when it ended. Needless to say, that "Meanwhile at the Wall" page really threw me for a loop.

I really enjoyed it. I know it's nobody's favorite, but I found the world building and scene setting to be way less of a drag than the endless military planning in Clash of Kings. And the payoffs of the Cersei and Brienne storylines were worth the slow burn.
AFFC was actually my fav. book with ASOS followed by AGOT and then ACOK. I know i'm in the minority here. But the fact is they're all so damn good that even though ACOK is my least fav. of the 4, it's still better than the majority of books i've read.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Meus Renaissance said:
You talk about grasping written language but you don't seem to understand this thread is for all books. Youve posted twice since my last post, too! Just gonna derpstomp into this thread....

Jon Snow dies in book four

bengraven

On July 12 we bail out. For a few days until we finish the books.

zmoney said:
I really liked the Cersei chapters because its very interesting to see someone slowly loosing their grip on reality from their own POV.

With that being said I'm really looking forward to Marwyn meeting Dany, Sam at the Citadel, and Alleras' plan.

I'm really going to enjoy seeing everyone coming to Dany. Tyrion most of all, especially after hearing that he will be captured by slavers. I pictured this dwarf coming up on her, cocky and drunk and her wanting to hang him.

But now I picture him arriving to her in chains, under a new name, sober and more valuable to her.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
zmoney said:
everyone....take note of the change in the thread title.

shiiiit.gif

Good thing I plan to read the book quick as hell. Probably 3 days tops.

Pollux

bengraven said:
On July 12 we bail out. For a few days until we finish the books.

I'm really going to enjoy seeing everyone coming to Dany. Tyrion most of all, especially after hearing that he will be captured by slavers. I pictured this dwarf coming up on her, cocky and drunk and her wanting to hang him.

But now I picture him arriving to her in chains, under a new name, sober and more valuable to her.
I forgot about Tyrion...damn I can't wait.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the first half of ADWD runs parallel with AFFC, then the second half of ADWD continues on after AFFC right?

bengraven

Cornballer said:
Yikes. I'm out of here. Too many preview chapters and other stuff floating around right now. See you guys on the other side.

I don't think any of us were going to spoil what happens or even talk about what happens in the spoiler summaries at Westeros yet.

If I mentioned something there I would still use a spoiler.

zmoney said:
I forgot about Tyrion...damn I can't wait.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the first half of ADWD runs parallel with AFFC, then the second half of ADWD continues on after AFFC right?

More like first 3/4 match with Feast.

And yeah, Tyrion is the big one that we're all excited about. What part is he going to play in her rebellion. And will Jorah (he'll be back) and Barristan have anything to say about the "evil imp" joining up with her?

Changing the thread rules now seems premature. We're going to see someone pulling a jon bones and posting a bunch of unmarked ADWD spoilers from reviews or leaks.

Pollux

Cornballer said:
Yikes. I'm out of here. Too many preview chapters and other stuff floating around right now. See you guys on the other side.
Seeya mate...figured it would just be for the best. that way we can keep ALL spoilers in one thread instead of spreading them around.

Basileus777 said:
Changing the thread rules now seems premature. We're going to see someone pulling a jon bones and posting a bunch of unmarked ADWD spoilers from reviews or leaks.
Thats a possibility but I wouldn't worry too much about it, chapters have probably changed since they were leaked in 2005. Also it just makes sense since this is an unmarked spoilers thread for ALL book.

Basileus777 said:
It's actually not a rule change, it's a continuation of the constant rules of this thread - ie spoilers for all books. We just have a new book. Makes the most sense - don't come in here unless you want to be spoiled for any of the four, now five, books.

elrechazao said:
It's actually not a rule change, it's a continuation of the constant rules of this thread - ie spoilers for all books. We just have a new book. Makes the most sense - don't come in here unless you want to be spoiled for any of the four, now five, books.

No it's a change. Previously we were spoiler tagging ADWD material. See the first page of the thread.

bengraven

Basileus777 said:

Can we at least informally agree not to spoil Dance until July 12 in here? I mean, no bans for doing it or anything, but maybe a gentleman's agreement?

Otherwise I really want to talk about Jon (Dance)
I was seriously going to post a spoiler here but I'm in a giving mood since my day is going so shitty......oh all right, spoiler: Jon hangs Slynt...thank Christ that finally happens

Pollux

bengraven said:
I don't think any of us were going to spoil what happens or even talk about what happens in the spoiler summaries at Westeros yet.

If I mentioned something there I would still use a spoiler.

More like first 3/4 match with Feast.

And yeah, Tyrion is the big one that we're all excited about. What part is he going to play in her rebellion. And will Jorah (he'll be back) and Barristan have anything to say about the "evil imp" joining up with her?
I think Barristan knows that Tyrion is probably the best of the lot who wants to do what is best for the kingdom. At least thats what I can get from this. But maybe not, he wasn't around while Tyrion was hand.

bengraven said:
Can we at least informally agree not to spoil Dance until July 12 in here? I mean, no bans for doing it or anything, but maybe a gentleman's agreement?

Otherwise I really want to talk about Jon (Dance)
I was seriously going to post a spoiler here but I'm in a giving mood since my day is going so shitty......oh all right, spoiler: Jon hangs Slynt...thank Christ that finally happens

I think any Dance material should stay in spoiler tags until the book is released.

Pollux

Basileus777 said:
No it's a change. Previously we were spoiler tagging ADWD material. See the first page of the thread.
How about spoiler tags for preview chapters and then its fair game after July 12. does that make everyone happy? Best of both worlds.

And Bengraven talk about ADWD all ya want but yes spoiler tags until July 12. Seems to be what everyone wants. At least the 10 or so people who come to this thread all the time. Also you wanna talk about your day? lay it on us brother. thats what GAF is here for lol

ADWD:
happy slynt will die, but now that Thorne's shield is gone, wonder how that situation is going to go

bengraven

zmoney said:
I think Barristan knows that Tyrion is probably the best of the lot who wants to do what is best for the kingdom. At least thats what I can get from this. But maybe not, he wasn't around while Tyrion was hand.

I don't know. Most of the "good" people in the books hate him. Even Sansa, who was married to him and around him for hours every day; even her heart fluttered when the idea of him being killed so she can become a widow first dawned.

Then again, Selmy is a better judge of character than Sansa, but still. I think people unanimously hate Tyrion.

Even readers. I've seen in reviews/discussions where people call Tyrion an "anti-hero" or even worse, a straight up "villain".

zmoney said:
How about spoiler tags for preview chapters and then its fair game after July 12. does that make everyone happy? Best of both worlds.

And Bengraven talk about ADWD all ya want but yes spoiler tags until July 12. Seems to be what everyone wants. At least the 10 or so people who come to this thread all the time. Also you wanna talk about your day? lay it on us brother. thats what GAF is here for lol

Thank you. But no, just drama with the wife, the kind of thing that comes up and will be washed away in a week and not matter, but feels "gravely serious" right now. lol

zmoney said:
I dunno, I think barristan hates the lannisters, and only knew tyrion as a drunken whoremonger during his time at the court of Robert. I seriously doubt he'll get any benefit of the doubt from Barristan, and probably just the opposite. Barristan also knows that tyrion was super close to jaime, and barristan hates jaime, and obviously hates cersei.

I'm not saying tyrion can't address this with a "well cersei tried to kill me, and I was "convicted' of killing joffrey" explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom