• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Seems obvious to me given how the two brothers 'died' and are reborn. It'll be about Sandor slipping back into his previous persona, losing that peaceful life he found.

Anyone who spoils the RW should be permabanned, period. That shit is stupid, I truly feel bad for people who saw that post. Now if you're reading youtube/yahoo/etc comments and get spoiled that's your fault. But here, in a non-GoT thread, that shouldn't happen.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

Atsumi

I'm ignoring all posts in this thread because I've just started book 2, but how far should I read into book 2 before starting season 2 (I like to read it before I see it). I've heard some people say that season 2 covers half of book 2 and the other half say season 2 covers all of book 2.

I'm ignoring all posts in this thread because I've just started book 2, but how far should I read into book 2 before starting season 2 (I like to read it before I see it). I've heard some people say that season 2 covers half of book 2 and the other half say season 2 covers all of book 2.

Season 2 covers all of book 2, though it drifts from the source material in places.

season 2 covers all of book 2 and also a tiny bit of book 3, iirc

Apparently Martin has read two more chapters from the Winds of Winter,
both of them Barristan POVs
. Seems like more leftovers from Dance.

Some impressions on reddit (spoilers):

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/18o32j/spoilers_twow_new_twow_chapters_read_at_boskone/

And someone at Westeros.org posted more detailed recaps (more spoilers):

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/81338-twow-spoilers-barristan/#entry4122024

damn, how long do we have to wait for the next book to come out? T_T

Dysun

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/18o32j/spoilers_twow_new_twow_chapters_read_at_boskone/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/81338-twow-spoilers-barristan/#entry4122024

ADWD would have been a much better book with the battle of Meereen in it...

exYle

That sounds incredible. The ending with the Greyjoy fleet was awesome.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Should we have a new spoiler policy when it comes to tWoW? Seems like some people are using spoiler tags, while some people aren't.

Lirlond

Anything you can read about online should be fair game, the Arianne chapter for example. But maybe exclusive stuff can be tagged, that would be a reasonable middle ground.

Yes, this please.

The subset of people that read all the sampler chapters and want to discuss it is probably really small.

Yeah. In the past, spoilers for future stuff has always been marked. A lot of us don't want to know exactly what happens in every chapter that's been read at some convention.

chiQ

Don't give him false expectations, there's no way it's coming out next year. .

Next year isn't 2015.

I reckon spoiler tags for anything not published, always. A new thread can be started for those who aren't worried about spoilers for unpublished stuff, if it bugs people that much. I'm not worried about spoilers myself, but I can see why they should be tagged in here.

I just finished aDwD. I can't believe he killed Jon like he did. I'm so upset right now. I imagine he lives on through his wolf at least. Jon and Bran have been my 2 favorite characters since the beginning, WHY BOWEN MARSH?? WHY!? That whole chapeter ends up being a big tease, was really looking forward to him taking down the Bastard of Bolton.

daripad

I just finished aDwD. I can't believe he killed Jon like he did. I'm so upset right now. I imagine he lives on through his wolf at least. Jon and Bran have been my 2 favorite characters since the beginning, WHY BOWEN MARSH?? WHY!? That whole chapeter ends up being a big tease, was really looking forward to him taking down the Bastard of Bolton.
I think melisandre Will revive him

I'm 10% convinced that Jon is dead. There's just no way. I think he warged into Ghost then Melisandre can revive his body.

You just ruined that for me. This is getting shitty if people like this dont mark spoilers for unreleased books.

Got to love a series where spoilers can be both for upcoming works and also 5-7 years old.

I'm 10% convinced that Jon is dead. There's just no way. I think he warged into Ghost then Melisandre can revive his body.

I'm pretty close to 0%...and the only reason it isn't 0 is because of the chance that the bit where he comes back never actually gets written.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Mance provided me with two "OH SHIT." moments in ADWD. When he got rid of his Rattleshirt disguise, and when my brain finally realized that Abel and his washerwomen were him and the spearwives. I was like "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...FUCK."

If Jon is dead, he's not going to stay dead.

I hope Jon is dead for good, he was stupid like Ned and deserved it. Plus GRRM will start to lose a little credibility with his killings if he starts pulling the just kidding thing too much.

I kind of skimmed through the spoilers posted, and all I'll say is that it seems like the new book will finally move at a decent pace similar to the first 2-3 books rather than the sloth like ADWD. That's good.

bremon

I highly doubt Jon is dead, but I won't mind if he is. Getting a bit sick of his character. On that note though, I wouldn't mind if the Dragons completely blew Essos off the face of the world though, and then ripped Dany to pieces.

I actually finished reading these books a year ago, and googling for forums on it, found my introduction to NeoGAF. I read so many complaints about the wait for a new book, and how the big man takes forever, but if it weren't for the TV show I could probably forget about this series until close to TWOW release, or at the very least, easily continue living my life if he croaks and I never get to read it.

Loofy

I hope Jon is dead for good, he was stupid like Ned and deserved it. Plus GRRM will start to lose a little credibility with his killings if he starts pulling the just kidding thing too much.
At this point it'd be cliche if he did kill him off. His mo seems to just be killing off everyones favourite character.

+1 for spoiler tagging unreleased material.

Human Jon can definitely be dead for good I think. I can see us reading chapter after chapter through the Wolf's point of view in the next book.

I did not realize Abel was Mance, I want to reread those Theon chapters now..

hemtae

I kind of skimmed through the spoilers posted, and all I'll say is that it seems like the new book will finally move at a decent pace similar to the first 2-3 books rather than the sloth like ADWD. That's good.

I guess you missed the whole bitching about Arianne's first chapter.

+1 for spoiler tagging unreleased material.

Human Jon can definitely be dead for good I think. I can see us reading chapter after chapter through the Wolf's point of view in the next book.

I did not realize Abel was Mance, I want to reread those Theon chapters now..

"Kneelers"

Exactly when it clicked for me. Also the whole Abel thing reminded me of Cain and Abel. They were brothers right? So was Mance. A Night's Watch brother.

I've been reading all kinds of wacky theories about Jon. I think he'll be back in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom