• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that Bran is seemingly stuck in the far North so he can become a tree. He is by far the smartest Stark, he should be the Lord of the North. Rickon's kids can inherit.

If Ned Stark isn't dead then I'd leave the series, I can put up with most things but that'd be ridiculous, it'd also ruin Sean Beans record in dying in (mostly) everything he's in.

Unrelated, but there was a movie on Syfy channel a few months back that had him in it. It was a low budget post apocalyptic thing where plants infected people and turned them into monsters. My girlfriend and I were bored and watched it from about the half hour mark on.

Sean Bean shows up and I go, "Oh, he's in this? Well, he's going to die then." My gf refused to believe how I could just guess that. The last ten minutes of the movie, lo and behold, saw Sean Bean impaled with a spear and he dies.

It's just too obvious now.

Also, I never thought of the idea of Ned still being alive and didn't know that people thought he was until this thread. Eh.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Unrelated, but there was a movie on Syfy channel a few months back that had him in it. It was a low budget post apocalyptic thing where plants infected people and turned them into monsters. My girlfriend and I were bored and watched it from about the half hour mark on.

Sean Bean shows up and I go, "Oh, he's in this? Well, he's going to die then." My gf refused to believe how I could just guess that. The last ten minutes of the movie, lo and behold, saw Sean Bean impaled with a spear and he dies.

Also, I never thought of the idea of Ned still being alive and didn't know that people thought he was until this thread. Eh.

He never died in the TV Show Missing.

Joni

There is still the possibility that he'll turn evil before he dies.

I saw some movie once where he was a journalist in South Africa (had to look up what it was called, it's called Windprints). I didn't watch the whole movie, I just came in towards the end and stuck around to see if he lived.

He lived. And he was one of the leads.

tmdorsey

I think what we should be talking about instead of stupid theories (Ned being alive) and rehashing old theories that have been talked about to death, is what's going to happen with Nymeria and this wolf army she has amassed. Seems like alittle wildcard thrown in the mix and kinda gives Arya her own little army when she returns. Haha.

Arya dies and wargs into Nymeria, and it through her and her pack that she'll get her revenge on the people on her list (well the few that are still alive). At the end of the series after Winter and the Others have destroyed most of Westeros, King's Landing will be solely inhabited by Nymeria and her pack.

RaidenZR

Arya dies and wargs into Nymeria, and it through her and her pack that she'll get her revenge on the people on her list (well the few that are still alive). At the end of the series after Winter and the Others have destroyed most of Westeros, King's Landing will be solely inhabited by Nymeria and her pack.

"A Time for Wolves"

TCRS

Banned
So what if somebody wargs into a warg and then has that warg warg into an animal.

Wargception!

xzibit_meme_7219_RE_Wtf_am_i_reading-s510x334-157605-580.jpg

Tommen seems like he'd be a good king once he can read and make his own decisions lol, and is a good kid. But I definitely think he's fucked, and George kind of confirmed it when he said multiple people will sit the throne by the end.

If I had to guess:

-Margery is found guilty and executed, Cersei is not. Tyrells leave the city
-Arianne and Dorne discover Quentyn has died. Dorne erupts in violence, but despite being devastated Doran doesn't want to go to war just yet
-Arianne moves to marry Aegon but he is more interested in the young companions she brought
-Myrcella is killed in Dorne behind Doran's back, as a declaration of war. No turning back now
-The sand snake on the Small Council is executed as retaliation
-Tommen is killed in some accident, or poisoned. Cersei becomes Queen of Westeros
-Tyrells betray the Lannisters, join Aegon. Cersei flees
-Jamie kills Cersei in her final chapter
-Aegon is crowned, doesn't marry Arianne or Margery

Trojita

Tommen seems like he'd be a good king once he can read and make his own decisions lol, and is a good kid. But I definitely think he's fucked, and George kind of confirmed it when he said multiple people will sit the throne by the end.

If I had to guess:

-Arianne and Dorne discover Quentyn has died. Dorne erupts in violence, but despite being devastated Doran doesn't want to go to war just yet
-Arianne moves to marry Aegon but he is more interested in the young companions she brought
-Myrcella is killed in Dorne behind Doran's back, as a declaration of war. No turning back now
-Tommen is killed in some accident, or poisoned. Cersei becomes Queen of Westeros

Aegon's not going to get crowned at the very end lol.

TCRS

Banned

Isn't the Tyrell army in King's Landing right now (or on the outskirts)? I believe in that case they would attack King's Landing, install a new pope and kill all Lannisters. Why would they simply go home?

Who is the sand snake on the small council again?

If I had to guess:

Interesting theories. I think there would need to be some explanation for why Jaime kills Cersei, though. Because while he doesn't care for her at this point, I can't see him outright killing her unless something drastic happens.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nymeria Sand is the sand snake. Can't remember, is she on the council already or is she travelling at the moment?

I don't think she has arrived yet, I'm not even certain she has left yet. I believe She and Tyene were going to go with Myrcella's group.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Interesting theories. I think there would need to be some explanation for why Jaime kills Cersei, though. Because while he doesn't care for her at this point, I can't see him outright killing her unless something drastic happens.

Well like I said before, by the end of Dance it's pretty obvious that Jamie is disgusted with Cersei. When he first set out to end the fighting in the Riverlands he wanted nothing more than to do it quickly and get back to her. By the time his task is finished, however he only thinks of returning to Tommen's side. He even ponders telling Tommen and Myrcella the truth about their parentage and leaves Cersei hanging when her letter reaches him. If either or both of his kids die due to Cersei being Cersei then I could easily see it driving him to kill her. Plus there's the whole prophecy thing where she fears it will be Tyrion who does her in but the prediction is only that a little brother will do it.

lingiii

Banned
They'd give the throne to Stannis (assuming Myrcella is dead already)? I really doubt that. I think Cersei will become queen unless the Tyrells object.

They? Who has any authority in this world to grant anything by force of law? Succession is totally fucked as a legal concept in Westeros. Nobody's getting the Iron Throne by rights for a long time to come.

They? Who has any authority in this world to grant anything by force of law? Succession is totally fucked as a legal concept in Westeros. Nobody's getting the Iron Throne by rights for a long time to come.

That's my point though. The Lannisters would control the succession, as they did when Robert died; there's no reason to believe they would follow any legal concept. Stannis would clearly be the rightful king if Tommen and Myrcella died but I don't believe Cersei would allow that.

Renly was right that Robert's claim wasn't particularly convincing on blood lines, he won the throne with his warhammer. And I think the same will be true of whoever disposes the Lannisters who are the true rulers of the realm. The Baratheons are near extinction.

Trojita

So Margaery isn't likely the one referred to in Cersei's fortune.

Do you think it will be Sansa or Dany?

and Yeah Jaime could be the Volanquar since he was born after Cersei.

Crisco

Banned
Don't the Tyrells have more man power and people in positions of power than even the Lannisters now? Tywin is dead and Cersei is a fucking idiot. I could easily see Randyll Tarly running shit in Kings Landing now that Kevan Lannister is dead.

2-Terms of Kombat
So Margaery isn't likely the one referred to in Cersei's fortune.

Do you think it will be Sansa or Dany?

and Yeah Jaime could be the Volanquar since he was born after Cersei.

Never really considered Sansa to be the younger queen in Cersei's prophecy. I assumed Dany had that role on lock down. I'm pretty confident that Jaime will be the volanquar.

I think 'A Dream of Spring' is a really fitting title for the last in the series (if it does expand into one or two more books).

Yeah, but A Time for Wolves just sounds so incredibly badass. Especially with all of the connotations it brings. Kind of gives it a more personal focus, insinuating it might focus more on the conflicts between the various families instead of the bigger Others vs. Everyone else conflict that A Dream of Spring hints at.

Both are pretty good titles. I just hope we get there sooner rather than later.

hemtae

Don't the Tyrells have more man power and people in positions of power than even the Lannisters now? Tywin is dead and Cersei is a fucking idiot. I could easily see Randyll Tarly running shit in Kings Landing now that Kevan Lannister is dead.

They also have a freaking army sitting outside King's Landing

TCRS

Banned
They also have a freaking army sitting outside King's Landing

That's what I said earlier. If Margery is executed they are going to ransack the whole city, execute anyone in their way to seek revenge and gain power. Cersei and the new High Septon included I would say. But I guess the whole point of the army outside of KL is that that doesn't happen.

bengraven

So that article with GRRM the other day had some interesting discussion on the next books.

The bit I like is how George says we'll be very surprised who's sitting the throne. I've been going over every single character and finding that many of them may have ways of sitting it.

That's my point though. The Lannisters would control the succession, as they did when Robert died; there's no reason to believe they would follow any legal concept. Stannis would clearly be the rightful king if Tommen and Myrcella died but I don't believe Cersei would allow that.

Renly was right that Robert's claim wasn't particularly convincing on blood lines, he won the throne with his warhammer. And I think the same will be true of whoever disposes the Lannisters who are the true rulers of the realm. The Baratheons are near extinction.

Lannisters don't really control shit, now.

Even if Cersei wins her life back:

Jaime turned his back on her
Tyrion hates her
Tywin, her kids, husband, and now her uncle are dead.

She has literally no one anymore.

Cersei's time is ticking away very very fast.

2-Terms of Kombat
So that article with GRRM the other day had some interesting discussion on the next books.

The bit I like is how George says we'll be very surprised who's sitting the throne. I've been going over every single character and finding that many of them may have ways of sitting it.

Lannisters don't really control shit, now.

Even if Cersei wins her life back:

Jaime turned his back on her
Tyrion hates her
Tywin, her kids, husband, and now her uncle are dead.

She has literally no one anymore.

Cersei's time is ticking away very very fast.

Yep, even Cersei's Small Council have mostly bailed on her.

jett

D-Member
I've come to the conclusion that GRRM hates the Starks, everything always goes to shit when it comes to those poor fucks. What's the deal with that.

Aiii

So not worth it
I've come to the conclusion that GRRM hates the Starks, everything always goes to shit when it comes to those poor fucks. What's the deal with that.

Classic storytelling. They are the heroes of the story that must overcome great obstacles to win in the end.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Classic storytelling. They are the heroes of the story that must overcome great obstacles to win in the end.

Starks? In ASOIAF? I don't remember very many pages being dedicated to these folks in ADWD, as it were. Whole lot of Daario deep dicking Daenerys and stroking his blue forked beard, though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Starks? In ASOIAF? I don't remember very many pages being dedicated to these folks in ADWD, as it were. Whole lot of Daario deep dicking Daenerys and stroking his blue forked beard, though.

Jon was murdered, Arya was blinded, Stoneheart was Stonehearted, Bran Timetravelled Sort Of and Sansa was being manipulated by a guy with a Tully-complex. Stuff happened.

Heh.

Can I ask what article this is? I had a skim through and didn't spot the one you're talking about.

Or was it a video?

jett

D-Member

Heroes? You said it yourself. They're either blind, captive, stuck in a tree, dead or undead. These books don't have heroes at this point. There is literally nobody to root for.

Jon was murdered, Arya was blinded, Stoneheart was Stonehearted, Bran Timetravelled Sort Of and Sansa was being manipulated by a guy with a Tully-complex. Stuff happened.

Heh.

The only one of thos that occurred in DwD was the assassination attempt on Jon. Arya lost her sight in AFFC 9and then regained it in one of he rlike 3 chapters of DwD), Stoneheart was hardly referenced in DwD and Bran became a shrub. Sansa stuff occurred in AFFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom