• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";60840029]Well, looks like you're way ahead of me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure of the "correct" trope name for that, but its true. The moment they explained what Guest Right was I assumed it was going to be broken by someone disreputable.

Hystzen

And like Melisandre thinking Stannis is Azor Ahai reborn (and probably being wrong, because she's so good at being wrong)

I would be shocked if turns out she does think that, pretty sure she says that to Stannis to work towards her goal. I suspect she latched onto Stannis to get to where Jon was due to him being probably Azor reborn.

lingiii

Banned
I would be shocked if turns out she does think that, pretty sure she says that to Stannis to work towards her goal. I suspect she latched onto Stannis to get to where Jon was due to him being probably Azor reborn.

Mel compentent would be the biggest twist in the whole damn thing.

Wow, they did a pretty awesome job on the Red Wedding scene.

Did Edmure buy it, too? Or was he safely tucked away banging his young wife? I don't remember exactly how it went down in the book.

And here i was thinking this season was pretty tame when it came to killing well known characters.

Nope, fuck you! Lets kill 3 of them right there!

I hope Arya gets her revenge one day, she has a lot of people on her kill list now.

GRRM is one of this sadistic fucking writers. They did this shit with Ned in the first season and now this. I don't even want to watch anymore.

Might as well say fuck it, have Joffrey rape Sansa next episode, have the mutiny nights watch guys kill Jon, have some wildlings or white walkers kill Bran etc.

What's the point of this show? To watch our heros get slaughtered every season? To see evil win everytime? If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been watching. Good because I'm not watching anymore.

these posts are pretty good.

TV series thread is so friggin' entertaining right now.

What's funny is how some of these predictions they're making out of anger are spot-on. lolololol

tokkun

Did Edmure buy it, too? Or was he safely tucked away banging his young wife? I don't remember exactly how it went down in the book.

In the book the shit goes down after Edmure and Rosalind go up to the wedding chamber.

Gvaz

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

I'm sitting here with a broken IKEA coffee table and catching feelings right now.

Fuck man! Why am I so invested in this?

I FUCKING LOVED ROBB!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

oh god lol

Hystzen

I was actually starting to like Robb his battle plan was damn smart which I was getting hyped for then well...wedding happened.

question is would the impact been larger if Robb was a POV or would it have had less impact?

tokkun

I was actually starting to like Robb his battle plan was damn smart which I was getting hyped for then well...wedding happened.

question is would the impact been larger if Robb was a POV or would it have had less impact?

It probably depends on how his POVs read. I mean, Catelyn was a POV killed in that scene and it was a relief to see her go, since her chapters had become pretty tiresome when she got so bleak and pessimistic after she thought Bran and Rickon were killed.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

If you recall, Jaime has a few scenes with Edmure in AFFC. He was already in the bedchamber doing the deed.

tirminyl

The way they killed Talisia on the show makes me think what ever is going on with Jeyne isn't very important.

Well, I think George said that they couldn't call her Jeyne so they named her Talisa. So she *could* still be important because it wasn't Jeyne that got killed.

Still, I hate the guessing we have if this character is important in future books, or if Arya and Melisandre will meet in the books, etc., etc. At some point I will have to stop watching the show so I can finish the series on the books and not be spoiled.

Samyy

Someone used the works "zombie" and "catelyn" in the same sentence in the no book spoilers thread. I can't stop laughing.

Angry Grimace

Goddamn and is it really necessary for people to immediately start referencing a "purple" wedding in the no spoilers thread?

CassSept

I believe it was already said in the interview that the discrepancy between Jeyne descriptions was an oversight. Alternatively, in-universe explanation is that Cat and Jaime rate women differently (Cat as how apt Jeyne's body is for motherhood, while Jaime has more of a man view on her).

That just reconfirms whatever is going on with Jeyne isn't important in a long run.

Moff

wow, the reactions are far bigger than I'd even hoped. looks like they did everything right with robb this season.

LJ11

Stayed up just to read the reactions, cant wait to go to work since they all watch but haven't read a single page. One guy thought Arya was going to lead the brothers without banners, dude was probably floored.

Oberyns death was the one that pissed me off the most.

Edit don't think Jeyne matters anymore, show is starting to spoil future books at this point, possibly more to come.

cashman

Banned
Stayed up just to read the reactions, cant wait to go to work since they all watch but haven't read a single page. One guy thought Arya was going to lead the brothers without banners, dude was probably floored.

Oberyns death was the one that pissed me off the most.

Yep, I half expected Ned to die.

I was just confused and hit by a train at the RW.

But the red viper had that shit in the bag if he didn't go all Inigo Montoya on the mountain.

LJ11

Yep, I half expected Ned to die.

I was just confused and hit by a train at the RW.

But the red viper had that shit in the bag if he didn't go all Inigo Montoya on the mountain.

Yeah, he had it. Jumped off the couch and yelled NOOOO!

Went from elated to infuriated within a few paragraphs.

fanboi

Banned
This comment, so good:

Fuck man why...why... :(

Kill the lannisters, kill frey, kill bolton, kill everyone.

Jon snow you have to do this. If they kill off Jon Snow I will legit punch a whole in the wall. I think it is time I start reading the books.

Although, he is probably not dead.

phaze

25 pages to catch through :lol

Red Wedding wasn't the only massacre to have happened tonight, bookreaders got bishslayed in the no spoilers thread.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love how the show writers one-upped GRRM and not only murdered Robb's wife (which makes sense to avoid too much confusion in the story and theories like with Jeyne Westerling), but they gave him an heir, gave it a name and then proceeded to murder the shit out of the baby as well.

That's cold man, so fucking cold.

phaze

I love how the show writers one-upped GRRM and not only murdered Robb's wife (which makes sense to avoid too much confusion in the story and theories like with Jeyne Westerling), but they gave him an heir, gave it a name and then proceeded to murder the shit out of the baby as well.

That's cold man, so fucking cold.

They were making up for the lack of Aria fake out I suppose. :)

Thinking about next season and if they want to finish Storm of Swords then Joffrey's wedding will have to happen few eps in. Then few episodes for trial and combat so Tyrion's escape will be probably the new episode 9.

Aiii

So not worth it
Neither is it in the books. The show had the whole deal with Jon parentage, even going so far as devoting dialogue between Ned and Jon and Ned and Robbert about that.

It's fine, it's a well known theory that relates to both book and series and is unconfirmed in either medium. It spoils nothing.

Trasher

Neither is it in the books. The show had the whole deal with Jon parentage, even going so far as devoting dialogue between Ned and Jon and Ned and Robbert about that.

It's fine, it's a well known theory that relates to both book and series and is unconfirmed in either medium. It spoils nothing.

Oh come on. It's completely obvious in the books. GRRM and the showrunners even did everything but confirm it in an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom