• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? What?

Holy shit.

Yep. He's a brilliant actor and I cannot wait to see what he does with the material.

Having said that...holy shit are they zooming through his storyline. I'm guessing it ends with Fake Arya being delivered to Winterfell, with her and Theon's escape happening next season.

Yep. He's a brilliant actor and I cannot wait to see what he does with the material.

Having said that...holy shit are they zooming through his storyline. I'm guessing it ends with Fake Arya being delivered to Winterfell, with her and Theon's escape happening next season.

We get some of the best material in the entire series in this season?

The gods are good.

Yonafunu

They're going very fast indeed. I have to say, I wished they'd given his storyline a break, either last season or season 4, but that's not feasible, so I guess they just have to go all the way. Kepping him around a whole season doing absolutely nothing would have been pointless.

Not literally...

If true, of course.

They're also moving up Bran's ADWD stuff. Man, all the north stuff from that book was amazing.

Did Allen specifically say the Winterfell heart tree, or just a heart tree in general? I would have guessed Theon's arc would end with him meeting fake Arya. Maybe she will be brought to them at Winterfell instead. So most of the Winterfell stuff will happen next season (the wedding/bedding, mysterious deaths, the escape, etc).

They're also moving up Bran's ADWD stuff. Man, all the north stuff from that book was amazing.

Did Allen specifically say the Winterfell heart tree, or just a heart tree in general? I would have guessed Theon's arc would end with him meeting fake Arya. Maybe she will be brought to them at Winterfell instead. So most of the Winterfell stuff will happen next season (the wedding/bedding, mysterious deaths, the escape, etc).

I've been looking for the link and can't find it. It's from a red carpet interview he did within the last month and I'm 99% sure he said the heart tree in Winterfell.

Edit: Found it. Alfie Allen interview

I was wrong in that he DOESN'T say Winterfell, just that he goes to a "forgiving tree" and spills his guts.

If you back up about :30 seconds, you can hear the jerk interviewing him blow the Stoneheart reveal. "So what can you tell us about a certain resurrected Mrs. Stark?"

That was before the book was split, correct?
He read some ADWD stuff before AFFC came out, so yes. He has already read or released many TWOW chapters, most of which were once in ADWD; both the Winterfell and Meeren battles were once in Dance. Also he has said he's thinking about showing the Storm's End battle, even though he reveals who won in Arianne's second Winds chapter.

We'll get a progress update in a couple weeks at the S4 premier. One of the frustrating and exciting things is that he has refused to give a clear glimpse into the writing progress for this book. With ADWD we knew he was struggling, and every now and then he'd make a post about reaching a good level of progress. With the Meerenese Knot finished, presumably he's making good progress. But then again he could write himself into another corner.

The last update he gave was at the S3 premier, when he said he was 25% done. And a few months later at the 2013 Comic Con his publisher told some fantasy bloggers that 2015 is likely. We'll see.

TCRS

Banned
maybe this warrants its own thread. the news is big enough I would say, GRRM has after all managed to finish one thing. and might even interest non-readers who want to know more about the world.

Herr K

Banned
Hey, just got approved and feels good to finally post here. I'm a big fan of the series and I'm really mad at George for taking so long to release the next book.

I have an idea for an avatar, but I don't know if it'd be ok, because it's spoiler-ish. Who should I contact? I want the face of Tyrion and #Yollo beneath it.

Hey, just got approved and feels good to finally post here. I'm a big fan of the series and I'm really mad at George for taking so long to release the next book.

I have an idea for an avatar, but I don't know if it'd be ok, because it's spoiler-ish. Who should I contact? I want the face of Tyrion and #Yollo beneath it.
welcome breh.

that seems fine to me considering it's not a spoiler if non readers have no idea what it means. Although I suppose some could mis-read it as suggesting Tyrion dies.

Herr K

Banned
I mean Yollo is one of Tyrion's alias, and it's also phonetically identical to YOLO, the acronym. It's probably a stupid idea, but hey, I need an avatar.

Aiii

So not worth it
I mean Yollo is one of Tyrion's alias, and it's also phonetically identical to YOLO, the acronym. It's probably a stupid idea, but hey, I need an avatar.

You might catch some flack when people go to google Yollo and Tyrion, but yeah, it's not a major spoiler.

Though a lot of people find that even knowing a character survives a certain amount of time is a spoiler in itself.

*shrug*

Herr K

Banned
You might catch some flack when people go to google Yollo and Tyrion, but yeah, it's not a major spoiler.

Though a lot of people find that even knowing a character survives a certain amount of time is a spoiler in itself.

*shrug*

Well, yeah, you never know with George, so I know why would it feel like a spoiler. Are there any active mods in this thread, so I can ask them?

MillerEP

Neo Member
"where do (mods) go?"

I went to the travelling Game of Thrones exhibit last weekend when it was here in Austin for SXSW. I had to stand outside in the cold(ish) weather for over an hour just to get in. It was pretty decent, but I'm not sure it was wait over an hour decent. I did get some up close looks at some of the weapons and was thoroughly impressed with the detail. It doesn't come out much in the show, but they did a pretty good job staying faithful.

He'll make us take the grey.

Grey gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I'm banned. I shall not make offensive posts, start no dumb threads, insult no member. I shall wear no tag and win no praise from the mods. I shall post and be banned on NeoGAF. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher of the threads. I am the shield that guards the realms of users. I pledge my account and honor to the Grey's Watch, for this day and all the days to come.

Speaking of the traveling exhibit, after seeing the fan art (which represents how GRRM always envisioned the Iron Throne) I can't look at the HBO version. Its insulting.

IronThroneReal-610x885.jpg

Grey gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I'm banned. I shall not make offensive posts, start no dumb threads, insult no member. I shall wear no tag and win no praise from the mods. I shall post and be banned on NeoGAF. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher of the threads. I am the shield that guards the realms of users. I pledge my account and honor to the Grey's Watch, for this day and all the days to come.

boyd-thumb-up.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom