• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasher

NEVER EDIT

YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING

RkxjlGW.gif

Joni

GRRM probably realized how many people would want him to die when he kills every Stark, makes sure Snow stays dead and makes the Boltons the big winners in a book called A Time For Wolves.

CassSept

I always thought A Time for Wolves was too on the nose. A Dream of Spring is better and yeah, it probably means it's the middle of the worst winter in written history. Maybe with a depressing ending about the end being so far away or something.

I just hope GRRM doesn't crack and make a happy ending.

I always thought A Time for Wolves was too on the nose. A Dream of Spring is better and yeah, it probably means it's the middle of the worst winter in written history. Maybe with a depressing ending about the end being so far away or something.

I just hope GRRM doesn't crack and make a happy ending.

He said it'd be bittersweet.

As long as it's not ridiculously ambiguous and there are conclusions, whether they're good or bad. I'll be happy!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Leave Dany alone. It's not her fault if GRRM can't be bothered to make any progress on her front.

I'm pretty sure if he knew how bogged down he'd get, GRRM would have completely rewritten her parts so she's not just sitting there for 2 books leaning about the difficulties of ruling.

CassSept

Yay. Or so I say.

Idk I understand putting up spoilers, but it's going to get really convoluted keeping track of all that.

I was half joking but things can get really mess early next year. I doubt TWOW will be released by the time Season 5 starts and that's when they can start dropping major spoilers on a regular basis as they are closing onto TWOW material for more characters. There are some people who want to learn the story from the books not get it spoiled by the show (I'm not one of them, bring it on I say) so more guidelines might be required (since this thread was supposed to be TWOW spoiler-free). Not yet, but this is gonna only happen more often from now on.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was half joking but things can get really mess early next year. I doubt TWOW will be released by the time Season 5 starts and that's when they can start dropping major spoilers on a regular basis as they are closing onto TWOW material for more characters. There are some people who want to learn the story from the books not get it spoiled by the show (I'm not one of them, bring it on I say) so more guidelines might be required (since this thread was supposed to be TWOW spoiler-free). Not yet, but this is gonna only happen more often from now on.
Like I said earlier, there's no read to post about the show at all because we already have a show/books thread.

CassSept

Like I said earlier, there's no read to post about the show at all because we already have a show/books thread.

This gets problematic because for example after today we know more about the Others than we'd know from the books. If we discuss future plot developments, especially beyond the wall and society of the Others in this thread then what, are we supposed to ignore that?

This gets problematic because for example after today we know more about the Others than we'd know from the books. If we discuss future plot developments, especially beyond the wall and society of the Others in this thread then what, are we supposed to ignore that?

Time for a "NO SHOW SPOILERS"-tag!

The spoiler culture is already absurd enough with ASOIAF/GOT threads, let's not bring it here. The entire purpose of this thread is to have a place where we are free to discuss anything related to the series.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
We all knew that the show would reach a level beyond the books, so there's no reason to freak out.

If you don't watch the show, I don't know. Create a community thread.

RedShift

Does anyone have a summary (or link to one) for those that can't watch the episode, regarding the new stuff/spoilers?

Here's an imgur album of screenshots. There's no dialogue so you should be able to follow it hopefully. For some reason the first couple images get repeated http://imgur.com/a/EKL7q

Much bigger spoiler (potentially) then got dropped in the HBO viewer's guide. It's been changed now so I'll put it in spoiler tags I guess.
They refer to this king other as the Night's King.

El Daniel

Here's an imgur album of screenshots. There's no dialogue so you should be able to follow it hopefully. For some reason the first couple images get repeated http://imgur.com/a/EKL7q

Much bigger spoiler (potentially) then got dropped in the HBO viewer's guide. It's been changed now so I'll put it in spoiler tags I guess.
They refer to this king other as the Night's King.

Are we spoiling it? I really want to talk about it. Or do we want to give a time limit till when it's free game to talk about it without spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom