• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moff

a death at the end of the series can be a good thing, it probably wouldnt really hit me. it can be a bittersweet beautiful and good death

and I also believe she will live on in nymeria, have her lair in winterfell and be the stark who is always in winterfell

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
If there's one character I know will die in ADoS, it's Arya.

Which probably means that she'll be the only one that lives.

My sentiments exactly she's seen a done way too many things for a child her age to ever really settle back down to normalcy with the rest of her family.

Well it's not only that, but also the way George writes his characters. You can see what path Sansa's headed down. You can't see that with Arya.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly, Arya's main role seems to be in service of the God of Death, and there's a certain zombie killing Frey's out there that, by all means, shouldn't even be alive. Arya will end up killing Stoneheart I'm sure, wether that will end up dooming her or transforming her, I don't know.

Honestly, Arya's main role seems to be in service of the God of Death, and there's a certain zombie killing Frey's out there that, by all means, shouldn't even be alive. Arya will end up killing Stoneheart I'm sure, wether that will end up dooming her or transforming her, I don't know.

Wouldn't an ambiguous fate for Arya be more fitting? I mean she is a faceless person...I have a feeling she will kill someone significant and people may think she's dead, but there may be a hint or hints that she survived and is going on doing her thing as a faceless person under another identity. She is a wolf after all.

CassSept

Wouldn't an ambiguous fate for Arya be more fitting? I mean she is a faceless person...I have a feeling she will kill someone significant and people may think she's dead, but there may be a hint or hints that she survived and is going on doing her thing as a faceless person under another identity. She is a wolf after all.

This alone would propel a thousand years of furious arguments on the Internet. I like it.

Aiii

So not worth it

Pretty much what I meant. Right now Arya is still in training and is unwilling to let go of Arya Stark, even as the kindly man persists she has to let go of any identity she has left to become a faceless one. Even in the leaked chapter
she's killing out of spite as Arya, not as a faceless one.
I would like it if her "graduation" would be the assignment to kill Stoneheart, where she finally sheds the last part of her life as Arya Stark.

Wether that's the last we see of her or not I wouldn't know, but could be.

I don't think Arya will ever become a Faceless Man. She'll get the skills she needs, leave, and then accomplish whatever George intends for her to do before she dies in the finale.

I see it as more of a means to an end, and not her actual ending.

I don't think Arya will ever become a Faceless Man. She'll get the skills she needs, leave, and then accomplish whatever George intends for her to do before she dies in the finale.

I see it as more of a means to an end, and not her actual ending.

you mean Arya and Gendry won't marry and rebuild the Inn at the Crossroad?

:(

Iksenpets

Banned
I hope so. Though I'm okay with dismemberment, burning, or dying peacefully in his sleep as alternatives. Just so long as I don't need any more of his awful POV chapters.

Damphair will launch some scheme against Euron and then get absolutely destroyed, just to establish that Euron is the real deal. Euron drowning him just to make a point about how the Drowned God won't save him would be nice.

butzopower

proud of his butz
I hope so. Though I'm okay with dismemberment, burning, or dying peacefully in his sleep as alternatives. Just so long as I don't need any more of his awful POV chapters.

:/ I think he's my favorite character in the series. Dude has lost so much of his mind from drinking sea water.

CassSept

Dying peacefully is not enough. He has to die a painful death. Murdered by Euron sounds decent.

Valhelm

contribute something
I feel like Damphair is interesting, but doesn't work too well as a POV. He's really the closest thing to a wizard in ASOIAF, and as such it would be better for him to be more mysterious.

It would be better if most of his POVs were given to Asha or Vic and, like Melisandre, he only gets a select few chapters of his own.

Brazil

I like Damphair way more than Asha. I probably would've said that I liked him better than Victarion too, but his last few chapters in ADwD change my mind about him.

He's just the hype-worthy type of stupid. He's dumb, but he's powerful. Should be interesting.

Jayof9s

Dying peacefully is not enough. He has to die a painful death. Murdered by Euron sounds decent.

To be clear, I would prefer he suffer after his awful chapters but I'm willing to let him off easy to simply have him gone.

He even beats out Quentyn in wasting pages without delivering anything to the story that wasn't presented by other chapters or couldn't have been covered by other chapters (not to say the characters aren't relevant to the story, just unnecessary as POVs. Which is especially frustrating since great content was pushed to WOW because of wasted chapters in FFC/DWD.)

Brakke

Banned
I'm definitely #teamdamphair myself. I would love to see Damphair actually come face-to-face with some Drowned God, Dagon-ass slumbering horror from the deep. Pretty sure he wouldn't blink.

Iksenpets

Banned
I actually think Damphair is the best non-Theon/Asha Greyjoy. It's just that I don't care about any Greyjoys other than those two.

Theon > Asha >>>> Damphair >> Euron >>>>>> Vic >>>>>>>>> Balon

NeoGiff

I actually think Damphair is the best non-Theon/Asha Greyjoy. It's just that I don't care about any Greyjoys other than those two.

Theon > Asha >>>> Damphair >> Euron >>>>>> Vic >>>>>>>>> Balon

Balon's the worst. What an idiot. Definitely the worst shit in the Seven Kingdoms (sorry Show!Arya). He's the personification of a sea rat.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Damphair is going to catch a cold and die now that Winter is here. His mother should've told him not to walk around with damp hair in the cold.

Kuraudo

Banned
Damphair is going to catch a cold and die now that Winter is here. His mother should've told him not to walk around with damp hair in the cold.

Nope, he's going to go to a carnival and fall victim to a malfunctioning ferris wheel. His mother always warned him to stay away from that damn fair.

theaface

Nope, he's going to go to a carnival and fall victim to a malfunctioning ferris wheel. His mother always warned him to stay away from that damn fair.

tumblr_m5exk4aSkI1qh2o7zo1_500.gif

CassSept

This has to be one of the cases where English as a second language is actually beneficial, it never even occured to me that it could be read as "damfair" until I saw it mentioned on the Internet.

Brazil

This is seriously blowing my mind :lol

"Damfair" never even crossed my mind. IIRC, he even explains the reasoning behind the nickname/mockery!

Jayof9s

This is seriously blowing my mind :lol

"Damfair" never even crossed my mind. IIRC, he even explains the reasoning behind the nickname/mockery!

Like I said, Damphair is so stupid that my mind refused to accept it. Realizing that it was just Damp hair only reinforced that I was completely justified to hate every last ironborn.

Dresden

*raises hand*

I was the same way. I thought Damfair was just some weird title among the ironborn. Didn't realize until someone pointed it out online that it was literally damp-hair.

Aeron Dhampir, Secret Vampire. Time to go write my steamy Greyjoy fanfic.

Brazil

Like I said, Damphair is so stupid that my mind refused to accept it. Realizing that it was just Damp hair only reinforced that I was completely justified to hate every last ironborn.

They're all really stupid indeed. Bunch of nobodies with delusions of grandeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom