• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

Yeah, it's all so strange. Weren't his powers supposed to be magic based at first?

Jakes earliest memory is getting his powers from rolling in a magic mud puddle
or so he believes, which is why he lands in the puddle after his 'birth'

Stulaw

I'm guessing it might be something like he didn't shape shift until he was playing in some mud some day, or Josh and Margaret told him that he got them from rolling around in mud, and he "remembers" it as a false memory.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode, I'm guessing we might see the monster again in a later episode.

-Deimos

I'm guessing it might be something like he didn't shape shift until he was playing in some mud some day, or Josh and Margaret told him that he got them from rolling around in mud, and he "remembers" it as a false memory.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode, I'm guessing we might see the monster again in a late episode.

I'm guessing this.

Pretty good episode.

NEO0MJ

Jakes earliest memory is getting his powers from rolling in a magic mud puddle
or so he believes, which is why he lands in the puddle after his 'birth'

Yeah, but the witch made it seem like they were magic based when she took them from him.

Hamlet

Pretty good episode. So we finally found out how Jake got his powers, certainly an interesting direction.
Loved the dialogue for Jake's parents and the way they spoke in the episode.

"Mmm. Ahh, good last meal."
"Okay, well, I got bit by a monster, a creature of the night. We both know what comes next for me."
Places sword on the table
"just make it snappy darling."

TnK

How is this show nowadays? I stopped at season 3, and it was my favorite show on TV.

Did the quality drop or anything?

Hamlet

How is this show nowadays? I stopped at season 3, and it was my favorite show on TV.

Did the quality drop or anything?

Still great and creative as ever.
They've been going pretty heavily into the worlds mythology and history for the past few seasons.

You're in for a treat when you watch the "Simon And Marcy" episode.

TnK

Still great and creative as ever.
They've been going pretty heavily into the worlds mythology and history for the past few seasons.

You're in for a treat when you watch the "Simon And Marcy" episode.

Great to know that. Here is hoping that the show never jumps the shark, and ends it on a high note.

Great to know that. Here is hoping that the show never jumps the shark, and ends it on a high note.
This season has been more about the side characters than Finn and Jake. My son, wife and I haven't been feeling it in comparison to TMNT. I'd be pretty pissed if four out the last six episodes didn't feature the turtles.

Apparently jake's parents lived in what looks like the ruins of San Francisco. Which would make sense as that was a popular setting for noir detective films
[at least according to some guy on reddit]

TN4mppx.jpg

Stulaw

Pretty good episode. So we finally found out how Jake got his powers, certainly an interesting direction.
Loved the dialogue for Jake's parents and the way they spoke in the episode.

"Mmm. Ahh, good last meal."
"Okay, well, I got bit by a monster, a creature of the night. We both know what comes next for me."
Places sword on the table
"just make it snappy darling."

Joshua has some of the best lines .

Like in Memories from Boom Boom Mountain.

Tuck

Several people have said the recent episodes haven't been well written. I disagree. The issue for me isn't the writing - its pretty much on par with everything we've seen so far. Its merely the distribution between the Finn/Jake episodes and the side character episodes. Side character episodes are fun on occasion, but they do not make a good season, even if individually, the episodes are all solid.

Several people have said the recent episodes haven't been well written. I disagree. The issue for me isn't the writing - its pretty much on par with everything we've seen so far. Its merely the distribution between the Finn/Jake episodes and the side character episodes. Side character episodes are fun on occasion, but they do not make a good season, even if individually, the episodes are all solid.
Spot on, Tuck. These are episodes I would have liked as small breaks between (several) Finn and Jake romps but it's become too much.

Tuck

Joshua and Margaret were perfectly voice acted.

That said... the episode retcon's the previous explanation for Jake's powers - the radioactive puddle. Though not explicitly stated thats how he got them, I thought it was pretty clearly implied. Headcanon, basically.

Interesting to see where they go with that blue creature though...

zeemumu

Joshua and Margaret were perfectly voice acted.

That said... the episode retcon's the previous explanation for Jake's powers - the radioactive puddle. Though not explicitly stated thats how he got them, I thought it was pretty clearly implied. Headcanon, basically.

Interesting to see where they go with that blue creature though...

It was left ambiguous whether or not Jake's powers actually did come from the puddle or if he was remembering incorrectly. He was also in a puddle of birth juice when he was born so it could also be argued that it was actually a birth juice puddle but he remembers it as a mud puddle.

NEO0MJ

It was left ambiguous whether or not Jake's powers actually did come from the puddle or if he was remembering incorrectly. He was also in a puddle of birth juice when he was born so it could also be argued that it was actually a birth juice puddle but he remembers it as a mud puddle.

But he was rolling himself around that puddle and bathing in it, different from what happened here.

Tuck

I don't buy the argument "it was just a memory, could have been faulty"

They showed that scene for a reason.

Odoul

Pretty sure Regular show is in a similar hiatus and season structure. They try to keep those two in sync it seems.

Oh weird. I thought I heard "season finale" on the latest preview for Regular Show. I meant to set a recording on the dvr because of that, but ended up forgetting.

I read somewhere that Regular Show won't be coming back until at least January.

I hope Adventure Time isn't on a similar break.

Not sure if I should spoiler this, but just something that I noticed..

The Peace Masters amulet (the pacifier) looks exactly the same as the one that falls during the Joshua & Margaret episode when the monster gets trapped.

It probably means nothing, but for what ever reason it just stood out to me.

I read somewhere that Regular Show won't be coming back until at least January.

I hope Adventure Time isn't on a similar break.

Interesting! I don't know. It's hard to keep track. I was just judging from past seasons but Cartoon Network isn't very good about consistency with anything. I'm glad Steven Universe is back at least. Still as terrific as ever.

Servbot24

Banned
Last season ended splendidly, and this one has been slightly disappointing. Some great episodes, but also some that were just weird in a bad way.

Last season ended splendidly, and this one has been slightly disappointing. Some great episodes, but also some that were just weird in a bad way.

I'm in with this opinion. Some good ones in the mix, but some that just make me tilt my head and go "What in the fuck...?"

Steven Universe is scratching the itch that I wanted from Adventure Time and doesn't seem to anymore.

PolishQ

Anyone have a link to some good AT desktops? also did one of the shows artitsts do the art for NehruvianDOOM?

nehruviandoom_cover_image_1.jpg

Yeah, that's Ghostshrimp, who was a background designer for Adventure Time. Apparently (I'm just learning this myself) he designed the Tree Fort, the Candy Kingdom, and the Ice Kingdom! But he doesn't work on the show anymore.

Tuck

I'm eleven episodes behind. Last one I saw was the "Sad Face".

How's the season shaping up? Good? Great? Disappointing?
Disappointing. The episodes are fine, but there's way,way,way too much focus on side characters. Finn and Jake aren't really the stars of the show anymore.

Because of this show's decline and TMNT being amazing I haven't been keeping track of this show. Is it dead? I'm all caught up, as far as I know based on the latest episode discussion here. Hopefully they went back to the drawing board as they must have felt a decline of interest with the direction they took the show.

Joqu

Because of this show's decline and TMNT being amazing I haven't been keeping track of this show. Is it dead? I'm all caught up, as far as I know based on the latest episode discussion here. Hopefully they went back to the drawing board as they must have felt a decline of interest with the direction they took the show.

Well the viewing figures appear to be consistent enough? The show has never been big on GAF to be fair, hell I watch it religiously but I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before. I'm not sure if discussion has slowed down on the other communities out there however so hey you might be right.

Anyway personally I'm a big fan of the new direction. We've had plenty of episodes that focused on Finn and Jake so I'm glad they've been taking a break from that. But hey, if the general fanbase thinks it's time to go back to that I'm not gonna argue against it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well the viewing figures appear to be consistent enough? The show has never been big on GAF to be fair, hell I watch it religiously but I don't think I've ever posted in this thread before. I'm not sure if discussion has slowed down on the other communities out there however so hey you might be right.

Anyway personally I'm a big fan of the new direction. We've had plenty of episodes that focused on Finn and Jake so I'm glad they've been taking a break from that. But hey, if the general fanbase thinks it's time to go back to that I'm not gonna argue against it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
The show went from cutting off the main character's arm and delivering some of the most powerful lines in a children's cartoon to becoming a series of spin-offs. I don't mind one offs and side character arcs, but relying too heavily on them after establishing such highs is a big turn off, even for my four year old. I went from hyping the show up to a coworker to "meh"s and *shrugs* the next time he brought it up (telling me he saw an AT artbook in the comic previews).

Tuck

The show went from cutting off the main character's arm and delivering some of the most powerful lines in a children's cartoon to becoming a series of spin-offs. I don't mind one offs and side character arcs, but relying too heavily on them after establishing such highs is a big turn off, even for my four year old. I went from hyping the show up to a coworker to "meh"s and *shrugs* the next time he brought it up (telling me he saw an AT artbook in the comic previews).

This. Complete misdirection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom