• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Complete misdirection.
The misdirection comes from the showrunners themselves when they'd say something along the lines of "these events have consequences and will affect the characters going forward. Finn now sees the world differently..." etc. I had no idea that the affect would the writers having no idea what to do next with their main characters.

Joqu

Oh this has definitely been a spin-off season.

I'm just saying I really like it myself. Personally I don't watch Adventure Time for the lore episodes we get every once in a while or the overarching plot arcs. Those are nice extras to me but I know it's not that way for everyone. I watch it because I love its universe and for me exploring the side stuff is heaven in that regard. The show definitely didn't need it though so yeah, perhaps they should be more careful with that.

I gotta say I really do miss the sense of adventure though, which is a pretty big deal when your show is called Adventure Time. To me that got lost a while before Season 6 though.

Joqu

Yeah this hiatus feels pretty weird. I was expecting it to return this month really. We don't have an ETA do we?

That's pretty much the reason I checked this thread out in the first place. :p

The show's not going anywhere guys, don't worry. Cartoon Network does this weird hiatus shit all the time, they stagger it with different shows so all the teams don't take their breaks at the same time. They do the same thing within the shows too (ie boarders go on hiatus at a different time than animatic editors, etc). AT's on hiatus right now but Steven Universe is back, and before that SU was on hiatus but AT was airing. It's annoying but that's the way it goes.

The show's not going anywhere guys, don't worry. Cartoon Network does this weird hiatus shit all the time, they stagger it with different shows so all the teams don't take their breaks at the same time. They do the same thing within the shows too (ie boarders go on hiatus at a different time than animatic editors, etc). AT's on hiatus right now but Steven Universe is back, and before that SU was on hiatus but AT was airing. It's annoying but that's the way it goes.

This right here. It's just Cartoon Network's way of doing things. In the meantime, Steven Universe has been on point and Regular Show should be coming back on the 9th of October.

Not to beat the horse some more, but I do hope the further episodes in this season get back to doing what AT did best and not focus so much on side characters/guest episodes. We aren't the only board sharing disappointment with this season and its direction.

NEO0MJ

It feels like every network does this with their cartoons.

e_i

There's an article in the new Rolling Stone (the one with John Oliver on the cover) about Pendleton Ward.

There's an article in the new Rolling Stone (the one with John Oliver on the cover) about Pendleton Ward.

Just a head's up to anyone interested in it, that article is a lot of sensationalist bullshit. I've been hearing about the goings-ons with it for the past couple weeks and now that it's out, the shit storm it's caused. Certain parties are very unhappy with how the author twisted Pen's words to fit the article's .. agenda, I guess? Like the guy set out to write a certain story and he chopped up what Pen said to fit it.

I mean, FFS, the headline is "Why did the man who created the animated hit 'Adventure Time' decide to walk away?"

It feels like every network does this with their cartoons.

They do. I think the only one that doesn't is... Disney? CN and Nick each have somewhat regular "season" releases for their shows like TMNT, Adventure Time, Clarence, etc. Disney is just all the fuck over the place, releasing two Gravity Falls episodes in a month, then a two-month hiatus, then one episode, then a couple weeks off, then a new episode, week off, new episode, three months off, it's insane.

But yeah, it's to rotate out the teams so everyone gets a break, just not all at the same time.

jonno394

Slightly OT but just started watching my season 4 blu ray. Bmo noire is an episode I have never watched (stopped watching on cn here in the UK early season 4) and I was in love from the get go. Such a unique and imo hillarious episode. Bmo is goat!

Slightly OT but just started watching my season 4 blu ray. Bmo noire is an episode I have never watched (stopped watching on cn here in the UK early season 4) and I was in love from the get go. Such a unique and imo hillarious episode. Bmo is goat!

My man! Yea he is :), hence my user name.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Managed to catch it.
That was... kind of dark. So many ghosts in their house. Well, not so many now that they're dead. Well, deader.

Cbajd5

Wait they moved adventure time to Tuesdays now
Bleh I was in class , will watch the west coast cartoon network feed

Its been to long

Is the move temporary or permanent? I hope its temporary.

Pretty sure it's temporary as a part of their Halloween week specials/premieres thing. Regular Show's new Halloween Special is airing tomorrow at 6 PM and is getting another new episode on Thursday at 7:30 PM as part of the normal premieres block.

Pretty sure it's temporary as a part of their Halloween week specials/premieres thing. Regular Show's new Halloween Special is airing tomorrow at 6 PM and is getting another new episode on Thursday at 7:30 PM as part of the normal premieres block.

Ahh thanks! Definitely won't miss that regular show episode.

Psxphile

What? Boo. They set up Thursday to be premiere day for new episodes of their top-rated shows and then do this? Not cool.

Last night's episode was well done. Really enjoyed it. Not sure what else to say at this time other than it is closer to what I want out of Adventure Time. It was funny and not depressing. It got a little dark towards the end especially with Jake's lack of mercy and the fact that he totally almost died for real. However, that's a nice bit of dark flavor that makes Adventure Time good rather than the episodes that go full dark/depressing.

IronRinn

I heard the bit about the Rolling Stone article but also was told that it was unsubstantiated? I don't know. It would explain some of Season 5's disjointedness and how the show feels different now.

According to the interview he still writes and does storyboards for the show, but isn't involved in marketing decisions and the like.

"To spend that extra energy and time you don't have, to make something that's worth making, to make it awesome, wears you out," he says. A backward red cap hides the top of his head; a checkered shirt buttoned to the top conceals his plump body; and on his face, there is not so much a beard but a hair force field, keeping anything from penetrating the world he's created for himself. "It's a beast of a show. And the more popular it gets, the more the ancillary things – like the merchandise and games and everything – keep getting bigger."

And so, Ward confesses, one day during Season Five, unbeknownst to his fans, "I quit because it was driving me nuts."

He says this not with sadness or frustration, but with relief. "For me, having quality of life outweighed the need to control this project and make it great all the time." So he stepped down from running Adventure Time to become simply one of the show's writers and storyboard artists.

Ah, I thought that was a mistake on my DVR! So a new Adventure Time, two Regular Shows (more like three since the Halloween special is a double-ep), a new Clarence AND a new Steven Universe... Not to mention stuff like Gravity Falls, Rebels, etc. Good week to be an animation fan! Also glad to hear the new AT was good, I'm mad I wasn't able to watch it yesterday.

Hamlet

Great episode to return with. Nice to have an episode centered on Jake,Finn and BMO again. BMO is adorable as ever.
“I killed Jake! Yay, BMO!”
Really loved this shot from the episode.

DTIiHoT.png

Servbot24

Banned
I kinda miss the wavy-arm animation style from the first couple seasons. Bit strange to look back and see how things have changed. Used to be much more typical Saturday morning cartoon.

Defect

The next episode called Evergreen sounds very interesting. "A wizard of ice tries to create a crown that will grant the first wearer's​ deepest wish in order to stop a deadly comet from wiping out all life on the planet."

Will be set pre-Mushroom War.

Great episode to return with. Nice to have an episode centered on Jake,Finn and BMO again. BMO is adorable as ever.
“I killed Jake! Yay, BMO!”
Really loved this shot from the episode.
I loved the guilt-stricken and unassured "BMO's so good" (or something) when Jake thanks BMO at the end not knowing what really happened haha.

daveo42

Banned
After a long dry spell, there's a veritable *glut* of AT episodes coming up next week :)

It's been such a long time. I completely welcome new AT episodes.

Edit: Oops...looks like I missed an episode that aired a few weeks back. I'll have to get around to watching that.

Odoul

All that, and STILL we won't be getting a couple episodes that just aired in South America.

I just don't get cartoon programming in the US. DIsney, CN or Nick.

Was it this bad in the 90's/early 2000.s?

Because this seems pretty recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom