• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its interesting how different the show was in its earlier episodes. I mean its still random now, but it feels more... Mature? I guess the idea is that the show is growing up with Finn.

DaveH

I think the Prismo episode is insight into how the show is going to wrap up... a big temporal looping paradox so you can keep rewatching the series forever (but with at least one out for it to end). Expect more things to revert back towards the status quo.

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
I think the Prismo episode is insight into how the show is going to wrap up... a big temporal looping paradox so you can keep rewatching the series forever (but with at least one out for it to end). Expect more things to revert back towards the status quo.

that's deep man, but i see where you are coming from, especially since the old guy dreaming about prismo is jake

Tuck

Jake the Brick wasn't great, but it was nice seeing so many side characters.

Also nice is the fact that FInn and Jake have been the stars of every episode this week.

Busaiku

They started with a Futurama episode for a reason.

NEO0MJ

Jake the Brick wasn't great, but it was nice seeing so many side characters.

Also nice is the fact that FInn and Jake have been the stars of every episode this week.

But, that's what's been happening for most of the later episodes of this season.

Tuck

Dentist was pretty Solid.

Evergreen was too, though one of my housemates hated it.
big implications. Hints at big things to come... Tbh it felt like endgame material.

Thanks.

BTW: What bugs me about the paradox episode is what if Finn never thought to reenact the pickle dance? Plan B relies entirely on Finn being there but how did Prismo know Jake would be around Finn when he ate the last pickle?

And beyond that, a second Finn entered... so what stops the loop? I forget a bit about the ep so this may be answerable.

Hamlet

Decent episode. Pretty neat how Finns sword can give him advice now.
Did I mishear it or was that ants name Lt Gamergate ha.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Decent episode. Pretty neat how Finns sword can give him advice now.
Did I mishear it or was that ants name Lt Gamergate ha.
It was, but it's just a coincidence. Gamergate is a name of a type of ant and production of this episode was done well before the whole gamergate thing popped up.

Mesoian

I REALLY liked Jake the Brick, but I also recognize it as one of the super arthouse episodes.

Edit: Yo WHAT? The ant's name in Dentist is LT. Gamergate?

Psxphile

Aired early in Brazil a couple of weeks ago. So it's out there.

We almost had Astral Plane as well but it was switched to an older episode at the last minute.

Edit: Yo WHAT? The ant's name in Dentist is LT. Gamergate?
tumblr_nfs9lcuOfN1sr0k7ao1_1280.png

What a crazy coincidence.

Was Finn's sword actually talking back to him, or was it merely his own reflection and Finn was simply talking to himself?

Banzai

Ive played it a bunch of times but i just dont understand it: does finn's sword say "you're finn murtens/mertens/whatever"? Have we ever heard a last name for finn before?

edit: hm google says mertens was his last name in the farmworld-timeline. i must have missed his father telling him his last name i guess.

Hamlet

Ive played it a bunch of times but i just dont understand it: does finn's sword say "you're finn murtens/mertens/whatever"? Have we ever heard a last name for finn before?

Yeah the sword calls him Finn Mertens which is the name for the Finn from the alternate timeline where the Lich never existed.
So I guess that's his last name for this universe also maybe?

NEO0MJ

The sword thing is kinda horrfying. Does that mean that the Finn in the sword is sentient and just chilling inside the sword?

daveo42

Banned
"So the ants are..."

"Shh..."

I loved the fly spy stuff and how Finn's mental image was exactly the same as the real thing.

The sword thing is kinda horrfying. Does that mean that the Finn in the sword is sentient and just chilling inside the sword?

Yeah talking sword was pretty crazy. Did not expect that at all. Not quite sure if the sentient Finn sword will work out in the end if they get into some weird disagreement. Right now though Finn sword seems pretty laid back and chill.

J-Rod

I've really enjoyed the latest streak of episodes. Back to its old form with episodes revolving around mostly Finn and jake.

Ha ha ghost fly what a funny episode I killed hake yeah bmo also the y drinking the soup jake freaking out and bmo doing ninja stuff and jake screaming bmo please lol

Eh, personally I find responsible Flame Princess to be rather dull, and I actually don't think the entire "morally gray Bubblegum" thing has been handled in an interesting way, so I wasn't a fan of this new episode.

Tuck

Figured PB was behind it all almost immediately. I liked the episode, though FP getting tricked into blowing up all those statues repeatedly was a bit silly.

Hamlet

Decent episode.
So FP's name is Phoebe. Princess Phoebe Flame sorta fits.
I also liked how Finn and Jake were singing the food chain song at the end.

zeemumu

Eh, personally I find responsible Flame Princess to be rather dull, and I actually don't think the entire "morally gray Bubblegum" thing has been handled in an interesting way, so I wasn't a fan of this new episode.

It's been fairly subtle up until the tree trunks episode. From the beginning, her experiments have been in the gray area. The first thing we see her do is raise the dead. It didn't start becoming apparent until she started willingly putting people in harm's way to further her goals (Stormo trapped forever, James getting eaten, jailing King of Ooo, everything that Braco went through, etc.). She had reasons for those, but like FP said, she's extremely cold. It probably was a little weak if this was the resolution to all of that, though.

Hamlet

Awesome.

"When Finn and Princess Bubblegum disappear from a slumber party, panic erupts among the remaining guests."

"Premieres Thursday, January 8th at 7pm"

Also another episode "Astral Plane" aired early in Brazil again. So watch out for spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom