• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time Season 6 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg guys:

oixlbS5.png

YN89av5.gif

Psxphile

tumblr_niiduuUXzj1t0t09yo1_540.png

That... thing again.

Jesse Moynihan said:
I did one episode with illustration/comics superstar @dyrtbagg this season. Maybe you were good and didn't see it when it aired in Brazil. Anyway even if you did, I made this drawing to confuse you, and force you to re-watch it.

IronRinn

So the comet isn't really the usual 1000 year comet, it's actually Finns dad?

That's how I took it.

Also, man, the previous episode with Gunter and Evergreen... The part where Gunter takes his frustration out on Nina and kicks her is super sad. Cycle of abuse.

TheOGB

Banned
So now that Evergreen just finished replaying we can get some things straight:
- The comet comes every 1000 years bringing an agent of change. The first time it came, that agent was apparently The Lich (it writhes, aching for the extinction of life on Earth).
- The crown bonds to its first bearer, granting them their deepest desire. Its first bearer was Gunther, whose deepest desire was to be just like Evergreen, albeit, an obsessed, twisted vision of Evergreen.
- The comet that brought the Lich and the one that created a huge crater in Ooo might not be the same. The one that's headed to Earth in the present is off-schedule, and until Grob Gob Glob Grod's intervention, was off-course, headed for Mars. RIP GGGG.
- The current incoming comet actually appears to be the spaceship of Finn's dad, Martin, out of control. I suppose that means Martin is the unexpected agent of change. We never did find out why he got sent to cosmic prison in the first place, did we...?

So now that Evergreen just finished replaying we can get some things straight:
- The comet comes every 1000 years bringing an agent of change. The first time it came, that agent was apparently The Lich (it writhes, aching for the extinction of life on Earth).
- The crown bonds to its first bearer, granting them their deepest desire. Its first bearer was Gunther, whose deepest desire was to be just like Evergreen, albeit, an obsessed, twisted vision of Evergreen.
- The comet that brought the Lich and the one that created a huge crater in Ooo might not be the same. The one that's headed to Earth in the present is off-schedule, and until Grob Gob Glob Grod's intervention, was off-course, headed for Mars. RIP GGGG.
- The current incoming comet actually appears to be the spaceship of Finn's dad, Martin, out of control. I suppose that means Martin is the unexpected agent of change. We never did find out why he got sent to cosmic prison in the first place, did we...?

The incoming comet can't be the one that brings the agent of change, thats the 1000 year one. This is Dads spaceship, which is a comet because reasons. Chances are it won't hit Earth, or will be stopped. It could set up a great episode between Finn and his Dad.

TheOGB

Banned
The incoming comet can't be the one that brings the agent of change, thats the 1000 year one. This is Dads spaceship, which is a comet because reasons. Chances are it won't hit Earth, or will be stopped. It could set up a great episode between Finn and his Dad.
Well yeah, I figure this one is more "symbolic" than the usual case. I expect many things I expect many things about this instance will be different, if not for the sole reason that I doubt they'd just kill everybody and say "Welp, the end."

Suddenly makes me think of Bubblegum and the shit she's been pulling lately. She probably knows about the comet, doesn't she? At the very least, the history behind them.

CorvoSol

Caught up to the series again, I think

Bubblegum can jump off a cliff for desecrating the Fire Kingdom. Treats Flame Princess like shit so often it's a wonder FP hasn't actually gone and leveled her pathetic candy people.

Finn can jump off that cliff, too if he forces us to walk the road of Bubbles n Finn again.

Ice King remains best in show.

Well yeah, I figure this one is more "symbolic" than the usual case. I expect many things I expect many things about this instance will be different, if not for the sole reason that I doubt they'd just kill everybody and say "Welp, the end."

Suddenly makes me think of Bubblegum and the shit she's been pulling lately. She probably knows about the comet, doesn't she? At the very least, the history behind them.

Definitely abouth past comets, this one will just be weird and unknown to her, just like it was to the martians. Wonder how they will get out of this one o.o

Hamlet

That was quite the episode. Going to have to rewatch that one again. Dammit Martin way to become an even worse dad ha. Though it did seem like he was intentionally trying to crash into mars instead of Earth. Poor Glob.

That was quite the episode. Going to have to rewatch that one again. Dammit Martin way to become an even worse dad ha. Though it did seem like he was intentionally trying to crash into mars instead of Earth. Poor Glob.

It did seem, but why? What does he gain from wiping it out. Really good episode, brings up a lot of questions.

Tuck

They acknowledged that it was early, and that it was off course. But that could be because of Finn's dad, not because its the wrong comet.

Still weird about the 1000 years bit. Thats not a lot of time - it'd mean that thousands of comets hit Earth between Evergreen and the great mushroom war.

They acknowledged that it was early, and that it was off course. But that could be because of Finn's dad, not because its the wrong comet.

Still weird about the 1000 years bit. Thats not a lot of time - it'd mean that thousands of comets hit Earth between Evergreen and the great mushroom war.

Hmm that's true. So if the comet was off course and its the 1000 year comet, then there is the possibility Martin tried to sacrifice Mars so Earth wouldn't get hit.

And if that was his plan, why save Earth? o_O so many questions :/

Hamlet

It did seem, but why? What does he gain from wiping it out. Really good episode, brings up a lot of questions.

Maybe it was Martins attempt at trying to be good dad. He knows Finn is on Earth right. Curious as to how he got into that predicament in the first place though.

Tuck

Maybe it was Martins attempt at trying to be good dad. He knows Finn is on Earth right. Curious as to how he got into that predicament in the first place though.

I really wonder if theyre gonna redeem Martin somehow, or if they will just write him off as a shithead. Or maybe they faked us out and he isn't Finn's dad but... I doubt that. I am definitely really curious to see where this plotline goes
even though itll be back to the status quo immediately afterwards.

Hamlet

I really wonder if theyre gonna redeem Martin somehow, or if they will just write him off as a shithead. Or maybe they faked us out and he isn't Finn's dad but... I doubt that. I am definitely really curious to see where this plotline goes
even though itll be back to the status quo immediately afterwards.

I'm sorta expecting them to redeem Martin in some way but then he'll do something dickish again and we're back to normal. They might give him a tragic past possibly as from what we've seen of him he seems to have no memory of Finn or why he left him and we still don't know why he was in prison. Unless of course he really is just a shithead ha.
Suppose we'll found out soon hopefully.

Dryk

They said that the comet mysteriously reincarnates itself every 1000 years. Maybe the current incarnation is Finn's Dad's ship losing control.

Also I was a bit ambivalent about the show near the beginning of the season but it seems to have gotten its groove back

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Clearly what will happen is that [Wild Speculation Ahoy]

Finn's dad will realise who Finn is and feel remorseful, he's not actually evil, he just fucks up because he's dumb. To repent for his past sins he takes it upon himself to raise Li'l Babby Lich. Because he's such a huge screw up of a man, he'll manage to reincarnate the Lich somehow. He'll go out valiantly trying to save Finn from the Lich or something

Comet stuff is completely unrelated, a complete red herring!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yup the focus shifted back to Finn and Jake and now everything is good again.

The world needs more episodes focused on Tree Trunks though. She's so sweet. Hell I could go for some kind of BMO/Tree Trunks ep.

Also, did anyone notice in the Evergreen ep that the big monster thing was basically overgrown monstrous Tree Trunks?

Hamlet

The world needs more episodes focused on Tree Trunks though. She's so sweet. Hell I could go for some kind of BMO/Tree Trunks ep.

Also, did anyone notice in the Evergreen ep that the big monster thing was basically overgrown monstrous Tree Trunks?

I wouldn't mind more BMO, but please no more episodes focused on Tree Trunks as I find her quite grating. She's best used in small doses for me.

Choomp

Banned
I kind of wanted to see where they were going with the comet thing. I feel that making it his dad decreases the possibility of what could happen, I mean, there were only so many places they could've went with anyway, but my favorite episodes of this show always seem to be the serious lore ones, if they were to evacuate to somewhere else or something with the comets happened idk, still excited to see where this is going
. I loved the episode though, some nice segments, I love when this show gets all philosophical all of a sudden, also more so when the tone gets nice and calm, lots of characters are shown, that sort of thing. Gonna be excited to see what happens here.

Servbot24

Banned
They said that the comet mysteriously reincarnates itself every 1000 years. Maybe the current incarnation is Finn's Dad's ship losing control.

Also I was a bit ambivalent about the show near the beginning of the season but it seems to have gotten its groove back

I almost feel like they aired the episodes out of order or something. There were several in a row that were random even by AT standards, and probably would have worked better scattered throughout the season.

Macka

Okay, so do I have this right?

- Comet reincarnates itself every thousand years.
- First one (seemingly carrying the Lich) arrived in the age of dinosaurs, 66 million years ago.
- This means there have been 66,000 comets. What happened to all of them? Several of them would have landed during the age of human civilisation. I guess they only need to bring an 'agent of change' though, so wiping out all life isn't a necessity.
- Princess Bubblegum is only 828 years old, but you'd imagine she'd be aware of the approaching comet. She must have a plan, right? But then again she seems completely unaware of this fake comet...so maybe astronomy isn't her field of expertise.

If the original comet brought the Lich, how did the Mushroom bomb re-introduce him again? I must be forgetting stuff.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

idk it led to the death of Glob.....I am pretty sure that is a big agent of change in regards to Mars. Also who knows what/how fins dad returning will affect Finn....

Macka

I found this on Reddit and added to it:
66 Million Years Before Bomb: During the age of Dinosaurs, the world has four elemental wizards: Ice/Fire/Candy/Slime.
66 Million Years Before Bomb: Evergreen creates the Crown of Wish-Fulfillment to stop the comet.
66 Million Years Before Bomb: Gunther wishes to be like Evergreen instead of wishing to stop the comet. Most life on earth is wiped out, including Gunther and the rest of the dinosaurs. Crown survives and is bonded to the original wish.
500,000 Years Before Bomb: Humans evolve and create civilisation.

~50 Years Before Bomb: Present day for us. Humans have cellphones and cars, but not holograms or sapient A.I's.
~1 Year Before Bomb: Simon the scholar finds ancient Crown. Drawn to its power.

Mushroom Bomb detonated: The Mushroom Bomb is dropped. Most life on Earth wiped out (again). Not Simon, because he had the Crown.

~1 Year After Bomb: Simon's use of the Crown is turning him into the Ice King.
? Years After Bomb: World of Ooo as we know it emerges. Simon has fully descended into being the Ice King. Candy kingdom emerges.
?+1000 Years After Bomb: Finn and Jake have adventures together in the world of Ooo.
?+1006 Years After Bomb: Present day for Finn and Jake. A new comet is coming.

My thoughts

• The original comet brought the Lich, and he eventually wiped out all life on Earth. Once his purpose was complete, he fell into a deep slumber.
  • (As seen in the Farmworld universe, as soon as the Mushroom Bomb is detonated and the Lich is released, various animals in the vicinity start to quickly mutate. Could humanity itself be the result of the mutagenic aftermath of the Lich's original attack?)
  • Humans create the Mushroom Bomb. I guess they must have used material related to the Lich? Or it's possible they actually found the Lich himself and somehow managed to make HIM the bomb, which would explain its seemingly magical properties.
  • Either way, the bomb is used and the Lich is released for the second time. He successfully wipes out (most) life on Earth and falls into a slumber once again, during which he is encased in amber.

I just accidentally tuned in to adventure time on cartoon network, it was the episode where Marceline explains Simon's story. I says that that was "996 years ago" This means that the actual comet cannot be that far off from returning, right?

I can't imagine their jurassic period ran parallel to ours and actually was 66 million years ago.
There would've been too many comets, which then makes everything else a bit of a stretch.
Has the crown really survived being hit by 60,000 comets for example...?
I think (hope) the time passed between the crown being created and Simon finding it are a lot closer than we're thinking...

Tuck

I found this on Reddit and added to it:

My thoughts

• The original comet brought the Lich, and he eventually wiped out all life on Earth. Once his purpose was complete, he fell into a deep slumber.
  • (As seen in the Farmworld universe, as soon as the Mushroom Bomb is detonated and the Lich is released, various animals in the vicinity start to quickly mutate. Could humanity itself be the result of the mutagenic aftermath of the Lich's original attack?)
  • Humans create the Mushroom Bomb. I guess they must have used material related to the Lich? Or it's possible they actually found the Lich himself and somehow managed to make HIM the bomb, which would explain its seemingly magical properties.
  • Either way, the bomb is used and the Lich is released for the second time. He successfully wipes out (most) life on Earth and falls into a slumber once again, during which he is encased in amber.
I think you hit the nail on the head.

That Reddit post is also nice, though it doesnt mention the comet that probably started the Mushroom war (or hit right after).

Tuck

I just accidentally tuned in to adventure time on cartoon network, it was the episode where Marceline explains Simon's story. I says that that was "996 years ago" This means that the actual comet cannot be that far off from returning, right?

Yeah, just a couple actually.

The way they introduced the comet in Evergreen at the end makes me think this comet is the real deal. Why else would they do it that way? I guess it could just be one big fake out.

EDIT: Fuck sorry for the double post.

Of the four elemental wizards, slime has been pretty underrepresented in the current run. Ice, Fire, and Candy have all tied to major characters.

Macka

I can't imagine their jurassic period ran parallel to ours and actually was 66 million years ago.
There would've been too many comets, which then makes everything else a bit of a stretch.
Has the crown really survived being hit by 60,000 comets for example...?
I think (hope) the time passed between the crown being created and Simon finding it are a lot closer than we're thinking...
I was under the impression that the World of Ooo is meant to just be our Earth in the future? It isn't an alternate universe or anything.

The way I'm looking at the comet reappearing every 1000 years is that it doesn't always destroy all life. It just brings an agent of change, whatever that may be. So most of those comets were probably much smaller and didn't cause major destruction.

convo

Rewatching "The Vault", a comet was one of Finns previous lives. It would present another connection with him and the comet.

I was under the impression that the World of Ooo is meant to just be our Earth in the future? It isn't an alternate universe or anything.

The way I'm looking at the comet reappearing every 1000 years is that it doesn't always destroy all life. It just brings an agent of change, whatever that may be. So most of those comets were probably much smaller and didn't cause major destruction.

Oooooh. Of course it is! I don't know why I was thinking otherwise... ignore me!

TheOGB

Banned
I think you hit the nail on the head.

That Reddit post is also nice, though it doesnt mention the comet that probably started the Mushroom war (or hit right after).
This makes me wonder if a comet hitting is what "instigated" the Mushroom War? Like, tensions were high and a comet crash was percieved as an attack? Though I doubt the comet would've gone undetected...

Rewatching "The Vault", a comet was one of Finns previous lives. It would present another connection with him and the comet.
...Huh. o_o It'll be interesting to see if that ever gets brought up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom